Author Topic: Epic Fud  (Read 210872 times)

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
Re: Epic Fud
« Reply #315 on: March 19, 2015, 02:08:20 PM »
Is it a textural issue with you? Cream cheese wontons are by and large gross. Ricotta in many dishes is basically tasteless if not done correctly.

For the most part this is true, but the ones from Panda Express (at least out here) are awesome.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #316 on: March 19, 2015, 02:17:51 PM »
For the most part this is true, but the ones from Panda Express (at least out here) are awesome.

I sort of like the ones from PF Chang's but those are crab rangoons with you know actual crab meat and not much cream cheese.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #317 on: March 19, 2015, 03:37:03 PM »
Is it a textural issue with you? Cream cheese wontons are by and large gross. Ricotta in many dishes is basically tasteless if not done correctly.

Yeah I get the same thing with mushrooms, which are a textural problem for people. I once put them in a Italian dish I made and someone specifically asked if there were mushrooms in it. I said no. I chopped them up real small as the recipe called for. Lol if they all didn't love it.

I grew up without much of a taste for cheese.  I don't think it's predominantly textural.  To this day, I only put cheese on Italian food, salads, and cheeseburgers.  I'll eat it on tacos sometimes, but I won't eat a quesadilla, grilled cheese, etc.  Sour cream fit into the same category.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #318 on: March 19, 2015, 03:38:49 PM »
I grew up without much of a taste for cheese.  I don't think it's predominantly textural.  To this day, I only put cheese on Italian food, salads, and cheeseburgers.  I'll eat it on tacos sometimes, but I won't eat a quesadilla, grilled cheese, etc.  Sour cream fit into the same category.

I hated sour cream for a really long time, but I've started to like it in small amounts on Mexican food.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #319 on: March 19, 2015, 03:40:09 PM »
I hated sour cream for a really long time, but I've started to like it in small amounts on Mexican food.

I have no use for sour cream as a condiment. I actively avoided it for years but of late I'll occasionally use it to make creamy salsa.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #320 on: March 19, 2015, 03:45:12 PM »
I have no use for sour cream as a condiment. I actively avoided it for years but of late I'll occasionally use it to make creamy salsa.

I make some surprisingly solid breaded chicken with sour cream. 

Dip tenders in sour cream, then dip them again in crushed up Cheez-its and cayenne pepper.  That is the only use I really have for it.  Quick, easy snack to eat during sporting events.

If it comes on a Mexican dish, I just don't ask for no sour cream like I used to.  It doesn't bother me anymore. 

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #321 on: March 19, 2015, 03:55:34 PM »
Must be cultural because I have had sour cream my entire life, my grandma always had it around. She had 3/4 of her stomach removed because of cancer and it was one of the few dairy products she could actually eat and enjoy. I love the stuff but admittedly do not eat it often.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #322 on: March 19, 2015, 03:56:49 PM »
Sour cream is a staple on perogies with fried onions and bacon
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #323 on: March 19, 2015, 03:58:31 PM »

Eastern European, that's where much of my ancestry is from.

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #324 on: March 19, 2015, 04:16:55 PM »
Anything prominently featuring potato gets sour cream for me.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #325 on: March 19, 2015, 04:27:09 PM »
Must be cultural because I have had sour cream my entire life, my grandma always had it around. She had 3/4 of her stomach removed because of cancer and it was one of the few dairy products she could actually eat and enjoy. I love the stuff but admittedly do not eat it often.

Out of 6 people in my immediately family growing up, 4 loved sour cream, 1 tolerated it, and I hated it.

Like I said, though, it says more about me than about sour cream.  I'm sure it's wonderful stuff.  I just had weird tastes as a kid.  What kid doesn't love grilled cheese?  This one.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #326 on: March 19, 2015, 04:34:37 PM »
Sour cream is great, I put it on fajitas and as MB says a perogie isn't right without sour cream.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #327 on: March 19, 2015, 04:59:31 PM »

Anything prominently featuring potato gets sour cream for me.

Same. And fajitas of course. Burritos.
"Wrong!"

Nope.

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #328 on: March 19, 2015, 05:05:55 PM »
22 pages and perogies finally get brought up. God bless my Ukrainian-Canadian family.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #329 on: March 19, 2015, 05:14:15 PM »
Fajitas are shitty white people Mexican food.