Author Topic: Epic Fud  (Read 215419 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Epic Fud
« Reply #1395 on: December 23, 2021, 01:56:40 PM »
I'm honestly a little surprised. Have none of you ever had creamed tuna on toast? This is nothing more than a slight variation on that. It's not something I'd choose to make but it's not offensive.

The olives are a bit weird but again it's not in a whole different flavour dimension to the dish. For example:

https://www.food.com/recipe/creamed-tuna-693

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/39533/creamed-tuna-on-toast/

https://www.thespruceeats.com/creamed-tuna-recipe-3061774

I'd understand if you were a bunch of 20somethings but you're not, you're mostly old enough to remember dishes like this.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1396 on: December 23, 2021, 03:13:19 PM »
Of course the Brit defends this.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1397 on: December 23, 2021, 03:13:46 PM »
I'm honestly a little surprised. Have none of you ever had creamed tuna on toast? This is nothing more than a slight variation on that. It's not something I'd choose to make but it's not offensive.

The olives are a bit weird but again it's not in a whole different flavour dimension to the dish. For example:

https://www.food.com/recipe/creamed-tuna-693

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/39533/creamed-tuna-on-toast/

https://www.thespruceeats.com/creamed-tuna-recipe-3061774

I'd understand if you were a bunch of 20somethings but you're not, you're mostly old enough to remember dishes like this.

Did you see what that looks like in the pic, why would you eat something that looks so disgusting? Obviously, I only mean if you can stand to look at it without noticing the olives first.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1398 on: December 23, 2021, 03:20:00 PM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1399 on: December 23, 2021, 03:23:10 PM »
Did you see what that looks like in the pic, why would you eat something that looks so disgusting? Obviously, I only mean if you can stand to look at it without noticing the olives first.

Lots of delicious things look disgusting. It took a very brave, or very hungry, man to eat the first oyster.

Creamed tuna is fine. It's a meh dish, it's edible without being interesting. I'm not sure that adding olives, whose primary flavour is brine, to a fish dish is particularly out there.

With all the hideous aspic recipes from the 50s it seems weird that you'd pick out a pretty normal dish as being especially awful.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1400 on: December 23, 2021, 03:33:15 PM »
Lots of delicious things look disgusting. It took a very brave, or very hungry, man to eat the first oyster.

Creamed tuna is fine. It's a meh dish, it's edible without being interesting. I'm not sure that adding olives, whose primary flavour is brine, to a fish dish is particularly out there.

With all the hideous aspic recipes from the 50s it seems weird that you'd pick out a pretty normal dish as being especially awful.
freak you and your green olive fetish
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1401 on: December 23, 2021, 03:37:07 PM »

I didn't pick excrement out, it was presented to all of us and it looks like puke on a waffle.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1402 on: December 23, 2021, 03:45:28 PM »
I didn't pick excrement out, it was presented to all of us and it looks like puke on a waffle.

I will grant you that 1950s marketing was not the finely crafted bundle of lies it is today.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1403 on: December 23, 2021, 03:56:48 PM »
Yes, defending this entirely British recipe.

https://juliassimplysouthern.com/2020/01/creamed-tuna-on-toast.html

It does fall in line with the English stereotype of god awful cuisine.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1404 on: December 23, 2021, 06:38:17 PM »

The olives aren't remotely the issue, that's just the picky eaters complaining.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1405 on: December 23, 2021, 06:40:44 PM »
The olives aren't remotely the issue, that's just the picky eaters complaining.

Teriyaki pepperoni.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1406 on: December 27, 2021, 07:46:05 PM »
I'm late to the party, but I just want to mention green olives are delicious.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1407 on: December 27, 2021, 08:31:42 PM »
#olivegang

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1408 on: December 27, 2021, 09:01:11 PM »

+1

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath