Author Topic: 2021-2022 NHL Thread  (Read 19339 times)

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
Re: 2021-2022 NHL Thread
« Reply #225 on: July 14, 2022, 12:35:04 PM »

Bummer we lost Copp after giving up a first for him, Trochek is a good signing for NYR.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #226 on: July 14, 2022, 09:09:59 PM »
Hated yesterday for obvious reasons. Sucks that they couldn't reel in Gaudreau, would've been quite a fit next to Nico or Jack. Moreso there was other moves that could've been made with their ample cap space (trading for Pacioretty) had they not been stuck in limbo for a free agent they missed out of.

Not a fan of giving Palat five years either, though I do understand the logic of importing that kind of pedigree and grit into such a young locker room. The hope is that by year four if the contract is excrement they're competitive enough to where you can part with the second rounder it might take to dump the contract.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #227 on: July 21, 2022, 12:40:26 PM »
Let the Matthew Tkachuk speculation commence!

All things considered, I think he ends up in Ottawa or the Loo, but maybe unky Fitz (Tom Fitzgerald is his uncle) can convince his nephew to come play with Jack or Nico. Devils certainly have the assets to get it done, just a matter of whether he'd ink an extension.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #228 on: July 21, 2022, 12:44:57 PM »

All things considered, I think he ends up in Ottawa or the Loo, but maybe unky Fitz (Tom Fitzgerald is his uncle) can convince his nephew to come play with Jack or Nico. Devils certainly have the assets to get it done, just a matter of whether he'd ink an extension.

He won't come to Ottawa. Any money and trade capital we have left is for a blueliner.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #229 on: July 21, 2022, 12:54:10 PM »

He'll end up in Vegas because that's where NHL cunts go to die
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #230 on: July 23, 2022, 04:54:40 AM »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #231 on: July 23, 2022, 06:57:30 AM »
That ‘NHL queynte’ Tkachuk’s now a big hoo-ha

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/panthers-acquire-matthew-tkachuk-give-up-jonathan-huberdeau-in-blockbuster-trade-with-flames/amp/

My first impulse was Florida WAY WAY overpaid, but if Huberdeau wasn't going to resign there (and given the age gap between him and Tkachuk), it's not egregious.

Now the question for Calgary is, can they get Huberdeau locked up?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #232 on: July 23, 2022, 10:05:39 AM »
My first impulse was Florida WAY WAY overpaid, but if Huberdeau wasn't going to resign there (and given the age gap between him and Tkachuk), it's not egregious.

Now the question for Calgary is, can they get Huberdeau locked up?

Maurice will ruin Tkachuk.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #233 on: July 25, 2022, 11:24:13 AM »
Maurice will ruin Tkachuk.

Still makes absolutely zero sense to me that they didn't just bring back Brunette.

Tags: