Author Topic: 2021-2022 NHL Thread  (Read 19659 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: 2021-2022 NHL Thread
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2021, 10:27:23 AM »
Andrew Ladd came out yesterday and said he had no idea.

Dave Bolland on the other hand deleted his entire social media presence.

I have a feeling Chevy is on borrowed time.

In terms of Kane, Toews, Keith and I'll throw Hossa in there because I think they're the most notable NHL legends from the dynasty...everyone's certainly allowed to speculate as to what they knew and hold it against them, especially Toews given his place as captain and the absolute self-serving horseshit of a statement he put out two days ago. But I don't think it's going to affect whether they get into the Hall or not.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2021, 10:41:23 AM »
Andrew Ladd came out yesterday and said he had no idea.

Dave Bolland on the other hand deleted his entire social media presence.

I have a feeling Chevy is on borrowed time.

In terms of Kane, Toews, Keith and I'll throw Hossa in there because I think they're the most notable NHL legends from the dynasty...everyone's certainly allowed to speculate as to what they knew and hold it against them, especially Toews given his place as captain and the absolute self-serving horseshit of a statement he put out two days ago. But I don't think it's going to affect whether they get into the Hall or not.

Hossa's already there, so there's not much they can do about that. I do think that the committee will take it into consideration though - now that everything is public they have to know that announcing Toews, Keith or Kane as a nominee will be met with an immediate response of "after what he did to Kyle Beach?" in the media, and none of those guys are beloved enough in the wider hockey world to make the backlash worthwhile. We'll see how long it lasts, but reading online it seems even most Chicago fans are pretty disgusted with the team culture that we now know those guys contributed to.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2021, 10:46:11 AM »
Chris Johnston
@reporterchris
·
28s
Morgan Rielly signs an eight-year extension with the #leafs carrying a $7.5M AAV.

i thought the Leafs had zero cap space
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2021, 11:02:14 AM »
wow...Bettman let Chevy off the hook.

I'm speechless.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2021, 11:17:37 AM »
Kane was the one who had the thing with the taxi driver as well, right?

Yes, over pocket change and I mean literal pocket change.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2021, 11:18:28 AM »
Hossa's already there, so there's not much they can do about that. I do think that the committee will take it into consideration though - now that everything is public they have to know that announcing Toews, Keith or Kane as a nominee will be met with an immediate response of "after what he did to Kyle Beach?" in the media, and none of those guys are beloved enough in the wider hockey world to make the backlash worthwhile. We'll see how long it lasts, but reading online it seems even most Chicago fans are pretty disgusted with the team culture that we now know those guys contributed to.

I think Toews is beloved or looked at as some great leader.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2021, 11:19:03 AM »
wow...Bettman let Chevy off the hook.

I'm speechless.

I would laugh at your Jets but it's not really funny.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2021, 11:34:19 AM »
I would laugh at your Jets but it's not really funny.

we've had 1 single firing since the Jets came back.  #TeflonJets

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2021, 01:00:15 PM »
One thing confusing me with all this - it might be in the report but if it is I haven't seen it.

We know that Beach reported the assault to management, and that management said they do something about it and then didn't.

We know that a lot of the players were calling him gay, fag etc, and making specific reference to him and Aldrich.

How did the players find out? Who told them? I'm guessing it wasn't Beach, and I'm very sure it wouldn't have been Aldrich. Someone let it slip to someone on the team.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2021, 01:27:22 PM »
One thing confusing me with all this - it might be in the report but if it is I haven't seen it.

We know that Beach reported the assault to management, and that management said they do something about it and then didn't.

We know that a lot of the players were calling him gay, fag etc, and making specific reference to him and Aldrich.

How did the players find out? Who told them? I'm guessing it wasn't Beach, and I'm very sure it wouldn't have been Aldrich. Someone let it slip to someone on the team.
When Aldrich was allowed to resign in 2010 he said it was a consensual relationship and I think it came out as such. His word against Beach and of course people ran with what Aldrich said because he wasn't exactly fired and certainly he wasn't prosecuted. However, to answer your question, I don't know definitively or not, but I am 100% positive people in the Blackhawk organization leaked the events to everyone. Being that the professional player community is relatively small and tight knit it isn't a stretch to figure out how it became public knowledge amongst the players.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2021, 07:08:30 PM »
IS, if you're still lurking around, sad news from our Devils today as Earl the Usher passed away.

I know he became arena famous as Dancin Earl, but honestly I'm more appreciative of when the Devils used to allow smoking on the balcony and he'd man the door. SUPER nice guy. Glad they acknowledged it as opposed to just let it go ignored.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2021, 06:55:56 AM »
Sabers trade Eichel and a 2023 3rd round pick to the Golden Knights for Peyton Krebs, Alex Tuch, 2022 1st round pick, 2023 3rd round pick
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 07:38:52 AM by MBGreen »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2021, 10:00:24 AM »
Sabers trade Eichel and a 2023 3rd round pick to the Golden Knights for Peyton Krebs, Alex Tuch, 2022 1st round pick, 2023 3rd round pick

I know the Golden Knights have cap issues, but I'm surprised the Sabres took on Tuch's deal with no retention. He's only 25, fantastic power forward but they don't know that he's going to be able to come back off this injury and discover his previous form.

Krebs is a stud.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2021, 10:11:15 AM »
I know the Golden Knights have cap issues, but I'm surprised the Sabres took on Tuch's deal with no retention. He's only 25, fantastic power forward but they don't know that he's going to be able to come back off this injury and discover his previous form.

Krebs is a stud.

I think the problem the Sabres had is that there's not all that much market for Eichel. Between the cap hit and the uncertainty over the injury and the surgery that he still hasn't had, it's hard to justify giving up a lot for a player who probably isn't going to be available until the end of the season at the earliest. Teams with the cap space can't afford to give up the players and picks for someone who doesn't bring an immediate impact, and teams who can afford to let a couple of good players and picks go mostly don't have a lot of cap space available.

I don't like the deal for either team, I think Buffalo have badly mishandled Eichel and I think Vegas are giving up commodities for an unknown return at an unknown point. Somehow both teams got weaker today, both are gambling on this deal making them better a way down the line.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2021, 10:17:38 AM »
Tuch is out until at least January I thought. So it's a swap for damaged goods.

Tags: