Author Topic: 2021-2022 NHL Thread  (Read 19600 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
2021-2022 NHL Thread
« on: July 21, 2021, 07:05:33 AM »
Seattle expansion draft tonight....prepare your bums
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: 2021-2022 NHL Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 07:50:50 AM »
Please take Subban or Butcher...

...they're going to take Bastian and I'm going to be pissed.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 07:55:58 AM »
Please take Subban or Butcher...

...they're going to take Bastian and I'm going to be pissed.

the Jets are going to galaxy-brain themselves out of their best RH dman. 
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 07:59:16 AM »
the Jets are going to galaxy-brain themselves out of their best RH dman.

Yeah, literally every mock and analysis I see has Demelo as a virtual lock to be taken.

Said it before and I'll say it again, this whole expansion process is freaking bullshit. I don't underestimate Ron Francis's ability to freak it up, but the options and choices at Seattle's feet should turn them into an instant contender in a mediocre division.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 08:03:05 AM »
Yeah, literally every mock and analysis I see has Demelo as a virtual lock to be taken.

Said it before and I'll say it again, this whole expansion process is freaking bullshit. I don't underestimate Ron Francis's ability to freak it up, but the options and choices at Seattle's feet should turn them into an instant contender in a mediocre division.

Actually....Seravelli said the Kraken are leaning towards taking Appleton (which i'm fine with).  And this tweet may have cemented that

Frank Seravalli
@frank_seravalli
·
3m
Early word is #SeaKraken are closing in on contracts with two UFA defensemen: Adam Larsson (EDM) and Jamie Oleksiak (DAL).

Not finalized. But barring any last minute change, the expectation is those players will be the selections from #Oilers and #GoStars

I wish Ron Francis was our GM (he's won multiple cups with 2 different franchises).....Cheveldayoff is a freaking hack.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 08:30:03 AM »

There aren't a lot of great options at center. Domi, Kerfoot, Tierney and Yanni Gourde look like their best picks and they're all good bottom six options at best. Obviously no one is going to expose a good 1C but this looks like it's going to be Seattle's biggest problem out of the gates - they might have to find a trade to get someone to anchor the top line.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 08:35:30 AM »
There aren't a lot of great options at center. Domi, Kerfoot, Tierney and Yanni Gourde look like their best picks and they're all good bottom six options at best. Obviously no one is going to expose a good 1C but this looks like it's going to be Seattle's biggest problem out of the gates - they might have to find a trade to get someone to anchor the top line.

We're actually considerably deep at Center.....we have 4 studs down the middle (if we resign Stastny), and Gustafsson/Perfetti in the pipeline.

We could actually trade one and not kill our depth. 

However, Chevy is a tard....so expecations are low.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 08:37:52 AM »
We're actually considerably deep at Center.....we have 4 studs down the middle (if we resign Stastny), and Gustafsson/Perfetti in the pipeline.

We could actually trade one and not kill our depth. 

However, Chevy is a tard....so expecations are low.

Perfetti's at least a year off still though, right? Agree it makes a lot of sense if you have a bunch of depth there, you're probably in a good position to trade with Seattle to get them to leave DeMelo alone.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2021, 08:39:46 AM »
Perfetti's at least a year off still though, right? Agree it makes a lot of sense if you have a bunch of depth there, you're probably in a good position to trade with Seattle to get them to leave DeMelo alone.

Under normal circumstances, Perfetti would be a year away.....but Maurice hates playing young talent (no, i'm not kidding....ask Ville Heinola, Sami Niku and Dylan Samberg), so i would say 5 years for Perfetti.  Unless that doofus gets canned.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2021, 09:36:21 AM »
Actually....Seravelli said the Kraken are leaning towards taking Appleton (which i'm fine with).  And this tweet may have cemented that

I wish Ron Francis was our GM (he's won multiple cups with 2 different franchises).....Cheveldayoff is a freaking hack.

That Larsson contract is an excellent piece of business, especially considering the very nature of FA usually invites overpayment.  Four years at 4 mil per for a rock solid second pairing defensive defenseman is a nice job out of the gate. I'm surprised, considering yesterday everyone was saying he was going to re-up with Edmonton for a similar term and price.

Re: Francis, I know he was a legendary player, but he didn't win those cups as an executive. His time with Carolina was mediocre.

It'd be an absolute boon if the Jets can avoid losing DeMelo.

I'd actually love to see the Devils take a run at Stasny, but I have a feeling he's destined to remain in the Peg.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2021, 09:45:40 AM »
That Larsson contract is an excellent piece of business, especially considering the very nature of FA usually invites overpayment.  Four years at 4 mil per for a rock solid second pairing defensive defenseman is a nice job out of the gate. I'm surprised, considering yesterday everyone was saying he was going to re-up with Edmonton for a similar term and price.

Re: Francis, I know he was a legendary player, but he didn't win those cups as an executive. His time with Carolina was mediocre.

It'd be an absolute boon if the Jets can avoid losing DeMelo.

I'd actually love to see the Devils take a run at Stasny, but I have a feeling he's destined to remain in the Peg.

who cares if he won them as an executive or a player....he knows how to win.  The Jets FO is laden with losers who know how to lose.

Stastny is going to be 36 in December...i'm not sure how much gas is left in the tank.  Smart player though.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2021, 09:55:41 AM »
Stastny is going to be 36 in December...i'm not sure how much gas is left in the tank.  Smart player though.

Exactly. Nico and Hughes need to learn from a savvy veteran who's been there and done that. There's no veteran grit/leadership in the locker room.

I like McLeod a lot but he'd be better served on the 4th line with his bestie Bastian (if Bastian doesn't get taken tonight that is).

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2021, 10:08:07 AM »
Frank Seravalli
@frank_seravalli
·
1m
BREAKING: Sources tell @DFOHockey
 the #SeaKraken have NOT selected Carey Price from Montreal in the Expansion Draft.

The #Habs keep their goaltending duo in-tact, but are likely to lose defenseman Cale Fleury.

all that hoopla for nothing

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2021, 10:14:35 AM »

all that hoopla for nothing

I love Price, but given the presence of Kappo Kahkonen in the draft and their agreement in principle with Chris Dreidger, they're better off allocating their resources elsewhere as opposed to taking on his deal with the uncertainty of hip surgery looming.

Still, solid gamble by Bergevin that paid off.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2021, 10:17:12 AM »
Another surprise

Frank Seravalli
@frank_seravalli
·
1m
Sources say #SeaKraken also passed on another high-profile, big money player: Vladimir Tarasenko.

Subject to change but sounds like the selection from #stlblues will be Vince Dunn.

@DFOHockey

Tags: