Author Topic: 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Discussion  (Read 30247 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Discussion
« Reply #450 on: April 24, 2022, 06:43:36 PM »
At this point w/ all the discussion around Jameson to the Jets I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone jumped us at 8/9 to take him
JACKASS, ILL KILL YOU
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #451 on: April 24, 2022, 07:34:03 PM »
At this point w/ all the discussion around Jameson to the Jets I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone jumped us at 8/9 to take him
Then we just take Wilson and ride off into the sunset.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #453 on: April 25, 2022, 12:54:49 PM »
Looks like the consensus on this board is that we hate Drake London. Can someone help me understand why?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #454 on: April 25, 2022, 01:23:12 PM »
Looks like the consensus on this board is that we hate Drake London. Can someone help me understand why?

I think he's good, but not great.  It's a top 10 pick.  We should be able to land a blue chip player with that pick.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #455 on: April 25, 2022, 01:35:41 PM »

I like London and would be cool with him at 10, if the FO deems him worthy.

His production, size, and relative polish at his age are impressive. As I've mentioned before, if he doesn't get injured he could have very well been the lock #1 WR prospect in this class. I'm not overly-concerned with his 40 since his game isn't predicated on speed.

As far as I can tell, the main issue among detractors is that he didn't run a 40, so therefore let's ignore his tape and production and pretend he's too slow and can't separate.
Is he Mike Evans as a prospect? No. But he is a very good, solid, ascending talent imo.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #456 on: April 25, 2022, 01:36:18 PM »
Bigger Michael Crabtree

He's a guy that can catch 100+ balls as a jumbo slot.  He did some good stuff after the catch at USC, but I do worry about him as a separator in the NFL.  I do think he can be a problem in the redzone and in the quick game.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #457 on: April 25, 2022, 01:38:00 PM »
He's shrinking, he'll be 5'11" by draft night.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #458 on: April 25, 2022, 01:39:00 PM »
I like London and would be cool with him at 10, if the FO deems him worthy.

His production, size, and relative polish at his age are impressive. As I've mentioned before, if he doesn't get injured he could have very well been the lock #1 WR prospect in this class. I'm not overly-concerned with his 40 since his game isn't predicated on speed.

As far as I can tell, the main issue among detractors is that he didn't run a 40, so therefore let's ignore his tape and production and pretend he's too slow and can't separate.
Is he Mike Evans as a prospect? No. But he is a very good, solid, ascending talent imo.

In a draft that's quite deep at WR, why wouldn't you run the 40?  Especially if you aspire to get picked in the top 10.  London is a great contested-ball/possession type WR. I want to know how fast he is.

"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #459 on: April 25, 2022, 01:44:40 PM »
In a draft that's quite deep at WR, why wouldn't you run the 40?  Especially if you aspire to get picked in the top 10.  London is a great contested-ball/possession type WR. I want to know how fast he is.

Because he might get picked in the top 10 without it?

He's also coming off a broken ankle. If he doesn't think he can run at full strength right now, then it can only hurt his stock to run.

I think London is a great compliment to Moore. I understand London theoretically doesn't have as big of a ceiling, but he was extremely productive in the Pac-12 at an extremely young age. I think we need that big receiver option to compliment Elijah Moore. However, if the Jets don't think he's as good as Garrett Wilson or Jameson Williams, you can make a strong case for Wilson's overall talent or Williams' speed being a good fit for the Jets as well.

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #460 on: April 25, 2022, 01:46:32 PM »

No doubt, not running didn't help him.
But his excuse is at least understandable...he wasn't able to prep for weeks/months to run it, like other prospects.
Barely prepping and running a 4.75 would not be a benefit haha.

But if JD prefers a GWilson/ Jameson-type for this offense, I'm happy with that too. If the choice is London at 10 or Watson in the 2nd, I'm also  going to pause and think.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #461 on: April 25, 2022, 01:55:26 PM »
Because he might get picked in the top 10 without it?

He's also coming off a broken ankle. If he doesn't think he can run at full strength right now, then it can only hurt his stock to run.

I think London is a great compliment to Moore. I understand London theoretically doesn't have as big of a ceiling, but he was extremely productive in the Pac-12 at an extremely young age. I think we need that big receiver option to compliment Elijah Moore. However, if the Jets don't think he's as good as Garrett Wilson or Jameson Williams, you can make a strong case for Wilson's overall talent or Williams' speed being a good fit for the Jets as well.

When you're competing against a big class of WRs....speed counts. If I'm a GM with a top 10 pick, i want all the cards on the table.  And before you mention Williams, everyone knows what he can do. 

I'm aware of the broken ankle....i'm also aware of his clearance to run at his pro day, and he still opted out of the 40. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #462 on: April 25, 2022, 02:05:28 PM »
In a draft that's quite deep at WR, why wouldn't you run the 40?

He has nothing to gain from it.

Speed isn't his game at all.  He is a possession player. 

He could go out there and run a 4.6-4.7 and it wouldn't change anything about how he plays. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #463 on: April 25, 2022, 02:13:39 PM »
He has nothing to gain from it.

Speed isn't his game at all.  He is a possession player. 

He could go out there and run a 4.6-4.7 and it wouldn't change anything about how he plays. 

And this is why i want to pass on him in the top 10.  We need a WR that can take the top off a D....give me Jamo, Wilson, even Olave.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #464 on: April 25, 2022, 05:40:15 PM »
This is interesting, he's been rising a lot of boards I've seen in the last couple of weeks.

https://twitter.com/draftcampbell/status/1518658934277648384
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: