Author Topic: 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Discussion  (Read 30248 times)

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
Re: 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Discussion
« Reply #345 on: April 01, 2022, 06:02:40 PM »
Antwan V. Staley @antwanstaley
I asked Oregon’s Kayvon Thibodeaux what was the most ridiculous thing he’s heard  during the pre-draft process and his answer was: “that I’m not the best player in this draft.”

Draft. This. Beast.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #346 on: April 02, 2022, 08:14:52 AM »
I feel like Willis or Pickett are almost worth a small bet at those odds, because with #10 as well I suspect we'd listen to trade offers for #4. We know Carolina want a QB, we just need them to worry that either the Giants love a QB and want to give Daboll a clean slate to start with, or that the Giants are willing to trade out with someone else who wants to get ahead of them. It's a long shot but the odds are really strong.
Anyone seeing any of the major books taking these bets?  I'm not seeing it on draftkings, betmgm or ceasers.

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #347 on: April 04, 2022, 05:05:32 PM »
Josh Paschal is a monster as a player and fits the Saleh-Douglas prototype super well. Two year team captain and winner of UK’s man of the year award. Great vs the run, powerful inside and out, and pretty athletic/sudden for a guy you’d went as a 43 end who slides inside. I don’t think he’ll end up a Jet because I think we address DE earlier with a more prototypical edge player, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he goes in the first round.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #348 on: April 06, 2022, 01:22:55 PM »
I like Sauce Gardner, but I feel he's a reach at 4.  I don't feel like any corner is ever close to a sure thing.  Not that anyone is, but at 4 they damn well better be as solid as possible.  I don't know if we would actually draft an OL after getting Laken, but to me, the 2 closest players to a sure thing are Travon Walker and Ekwonu.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #349 on: April 06, 2022, 01:38:58 PM »
I like Sauce Gardner, but I feel he's a reach at 4.  I don't feel like any corner is ever close to a sure thing.  Not that anyone is, but at 4 they damn well better be as solid as possible.  I don't know if we would actually draft an OL after getting Laken, but to me, the 2 closest players to a sure thing are Travon Walker and Ekwonu.

What kind of sure things is Travon Walker? He’s no sure thing as a typical Edge player imo

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #350 on: April 06, 2022, 01:40:49 PM »
What kind of sure things is Travon Walker? He’s no sure thing as a typical Edge player imo

He's a sure thing as an elite run defender and a chess piece for a front, but he's all potential as a pass rusher

It's a huge swing if you take him in the top five
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #351 on: April 06, 2022, 04:43:03 PM »
Wisconsin DT Matt Henningsen is an animal. 

I've been watching Leo Chenal today and Henningsen is the standout on that Wisconsin defense. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #352 on: April 07, 2022, 12:20:21 PM »
SMU's Danny Gray is a mid-round wideout I really like

He tested really well, but those SMU skill guys can usually fly so I kind of just placed him in that same category ...he's a really great YAC player though

I was surprised
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 12:22:10 PM by Heismanberg »

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #353 on: April 07, 2022, 02:47:56 PM »
SMU's Danny Gray is a mid-round wideout I really like

He tested really well, but those SMU skill guys can usually fly so I kind of just placed him in that same category ...he's a really great YAC player though

I was surprised
What do you think of Romeo Doubs?

He’s got a poor man’s Davante vibe that I figured might catch your eye.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #354 on: April 07, 2022, 02:55:53 PM »
What do you think of Romeo Doubs?

He’s got a poor man’s Davante vibe that I figured might catch your eye.

He'll be a steal.  He was schemed open a lot at Nevada, but he knows how to use his body to box guys out in contested situations and he stems/stacks his routes really well.  He's a way better route runner than he gets credit for.  I've seen him labeled as a deep threat a lot but that was really just Nevada's offense (shot plays off play action). 

There's some really good route runners that will be available in the middle rounds:  Doubs, UCLA's Kyle Phillips, and Nebraska's Samori Toure.

Danny Gray and Justyn Ross are more boom/bust than the more polished wideouts

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #355 on: April 08, 2022, 05:01:30 PM »
I'm warming to the idea of pairing David Ojabo on Day 2 with Travon Walker at 1.04.  Walker gets in there from the get-go and immediately improves our run defense while Ojabo heals, learns, and maybe chips in as a situational rusher later in the season.  Walker/Jabo would reach free agency in separate years and it gives us options next season with Lawson, who doesn't have guaranteed money after this year.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #356 on: April 08, 2022, 05:08:12 PM »
Admittedly I'm checked out of the draft this year compared to most years, but I think there are lots of combinations at 4 and 10 I'd be happy with.  I think the only thing I'd be against is moving up from either of those spots.  I'm always game for a trade down but it never happens.  I'd be bummed to draft Hamilton or London early, but honestly I don't know why beyond parroting excrement I hear.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #357 on: April 08, 2022, 05:31:01 PM »
I'm warming to the idea of pairing David Ojabo on Day 2 with Travon Walker at 1.04.  Walker gets in there from the get-go and immediately improves our run defense while Ojabo heals, learns, and maybe chips in as a situational rusher later in the season.  Walker/Jabo would reach free agency in separate years and it gives us options next season with Lawson, who doesn't have guaranteed money after this year.

This is the way.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #358 on: April 08, 2022, 09:26:11 PM »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE