Author Topic: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 61641 times)

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #600 on: January 26, 2022, 01:59:42 PM »
I'd absolutely rather take another offensive linemen than two receivers in the first two rounds.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #601 on: January 26, 2022, 02:05:16 PM »
Perhaps...just thinking of the Cincy model. They spent a 1st on Chase and a 2nd on Higgins albeit a year earlier.

They had to...because they blew a top 10 pick on John Ross.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #602 on: January 26, 2022, 02:20:36 PM »
It depends on who it is.  If someone like Jameson Williams or Jahan Dotson slips, you need to consider them.
This is the only situation I'd consider it. Nobody else feels like a good value compared to the other players likely available in the 2nd.

That's also why I'm so gungho about the top WRs, after them nobody stands out as a day 1 contributor.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 02:25:23 PM by Badger »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #603 on: January 26, 2022, 02:25:43 PM »
A lot of this depends on free agency
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #604 on: January 26, 2022, 04:06:25 PM »
I wouldn't like it, but I think it's the ceedee lamb situation.   They didn't need him but now they have an embarrassment of riches and they have options. 

They can trade Cooper just like we could potentially trade davis or let him go after next year.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #605 on: January 26, 2022, 04:34:29 PM »
I think it’s an obvious “if the right guy falls” then yes you take him. The draft is about stock piling talent. We lack talent at the skill positions, sure it would be nice to spread it around some, but if we plan to grab 2 playmakers in our top 5 picks, and we get Burks (or whomever) at 10 and a we have a guy standing out on our board at the top of round 2 like Moore did for us last year, just take the guy. Sort the rest out later.

Davis hasn’t been good for us yet, it’s possible we could move on after next year. If we already have a young stud replacement then it’s even easier to do so. If the worst thing that happens is we have a top 5-10 unit in the nfl catching passes for Zach and protecting us from injury when that inevitably happens, I’m not the least bit worried about it.

As an aside I was doing a TDN mock and ended up getting Burks in round one after a trade down, and then Drake London was staring at me at 35 and I took him there. Sure it was a mock but if that actually happened I’m not sure how upset we would be to have that option for us in real life
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #606 on: January 26, 2022, 04:57:30 PM »
It's going to be OK to double dip at skill positions, especially when we have four picks in the first two rounds.

Surround Wilson with as much help as possible.  Do everything you can to help him succeed...and if for whatever reason he doesn't, the next QB up steps into a solid foundation. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #607 on: January 26, 2022, 06:28:05 PM »
It's going to be OK to double dip at skill positions, especially when we have four picks in the first two rounds.

Surround Wilson with as much help as possible.  Do everything you can to help him succeed...and if for whatever reason he doesn't, the next QB up steps into a solid foundation. 
This.

Our 1st-round picks should be used to help Wilson or to sack the opposing QB. That's it.

The Cincy model is fine. Sure, Burrow took a lot of hits, but he also needed to get the ball out faster. Even with a crappy offensive line, he was still extremely successful because he had a great receiving corps to make plays for him. If we draft a guy like Burks or Wilson, and they turn into a star, and Moore turns into a star like I think he can, those 2 and Davis is a hell of a trio, and it's hopefully good enough to still be a good group even with an injury.

I think the OL is serviceable now, though it could get a lot better. The WR corps when healthy is serviceable but could get a lot better. If they think the OL prospects are better than the WR prospects when we pick, go OL. If WR is better than OL, go OL. I think either option is fine.

The one tiebreaker towards OL is that we don't have an OT we can trust under contract for 2023. Fant is a FA and Becton is a question mark. They both might be great and under contract by then, but this could easily blow up in our faces in a year if Douglas doesn't have a contingency plan.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #608 on: January 26, 2022, 06:30:27 PM »
Definitely on board with the double dip.  A tight end double dip would be fine by me, sign Schultz, draft McBride in the second.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #609 on: January 26, 2022, 07:29:52 PM »

What about Ole clappy though?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #610 on: January 26, 2022, 07:44:13 PM »
Disclaimer: I haven’t read the last 7 pages

CBS has Kyle Hamilton going 3
PFF has Kyle Hamilton going 3
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #611 on: January 26, 2022, 07:44:30 PM »

This is the freaking model I've been asking the Jets to execute for over a decade.

But we just needed all of those defensive linemen and safeties.

I'd be very happy if that happened.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #612 on: January 26, 2022, 07:46:47 PM »

Crazy that a safety would go that high in a draft with very good EDGE and OL prospects, but Hamilton is such a good and intriguing prospect. I would take him at 10 (probably), but not 4. If he goes at 3, that means an OL or EDGE fell to 4, which is great for us.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #613 on: January 26, 2022, 09:29:54 PM »
If they took Ekwanu first I'd be fine picking Burks & Dotson back to back after him.  However if Dotson's gone I wouldn't' pick London as I wouldn't want another 50/50 ball receiver vs. the route running & speed threat of Dotson.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #614 on: January 26, 2022, 10:20:48 PM »
What about Ole clappy though?

We have a second first round pick to use on everyone’s favorite clapper.

This defense needs athletes, leaders and physical dudes who can give us an identity. I’m not sure there is a single defensive prospect who can’t help with that more in year one than Nakobe Dean, especially if draft a couple of his fellow bulldogs which we are all so damn hopeful that we do.

In my eyes the best thing we can do is slide back from 4 for extra picks this year and next, grab a defensive leader in Dean and a big time weapon for Zach. Then at 35 come back with a next tier OL like Zion Johnson and another weapon for Wilson, be it a TE or a 2nd WR.

Also I’m starting to like London more and more. That skill set just seems to add a dimension we don’t have. Man it would be fun to get London and then get lucky to have Jameson Williams injury slide him down to us in the early 30s. Lots of very talented WRs I could easily see playoff teams opting to grab a healthy guy who is a great weapon over an injured one who might be slightly more talented
Need a new one for a new board...

Tags: