Author Topic: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 61649 times)

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #465 on: January 19, 2022, 09:09:39 AM »
I'm penciling in Garrett Wilson and Trey McBride as future Jets at this point.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #466 on: January 19, 2022, 09:51:10 AM »
Drake the Snake is 6'5....if dat dude runs well at the combine, i could see him sneaking into the top 10. 

Check out Christian Watson.

that boy good
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #467 on: January 19, 2022, 09:59:54 AM »
JD needs to nail the first 4 picks.

They should all be day 1 starters.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #468 on: January 19, 2022, 10:03:53 AM »
JD needs to nail the first 4 picks.

They should all be day 1 starters.

I'm okay with using one of the seconds on a wideout that might not get reps over Davis and Moore right away - Dotson comes to mind.  I don't want another Mims that has obviously flaws that keep him off the field. 

The first rounders need to start immediately, agreed 100% on that.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #469 on: January 19, 2022, 11:02:18 AM »
Kiper released his first mock

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2022/insider/story/_/id/33093803/nfl-mock-draft-2022-mel-kiper-predictions-all-32-first-round-picks-teams-aidan-hutchinson-malik-willis-nakobe-dean

4. Kyle Hamilton
10. Drake London

I have nothing against Kyle Hamilton the player...but man, taking a safety at 4 will pee me off.  Kiper probably still thinks Mike Maccagnan is running our drafts.

I think the case for Hamilton in the top 10 is that you can also play him at linebacker. If we're debating taking a guy like Nakobe Dean in the top 10, Hamilton has the requisite size to play LB if we want, or we can put him at safety, or we can just make him a swiss-army knife who can do whatever we want with him.

If Saleh and co. has a plan to maximize Hamilton on defense, we can make that pick work. But 4 is too high IMO.

And to Heismanberg's point, if you take a safety in the top 10, even if they want to make him a safety/LB hybrid, you better hit on that player, or it looks really bad. Granted, whoever we take in the top 10, we better hit on.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #470 on: January 19, 2022, 11:05:17 AM »
I think the case for Hamilton in the top 10 is that you can also play him at linebacker. If we're debating taking a guy like Nakobe Dean in the top 10, Hamilton has the requisite size to play LB if we want, or we can put him at safety, or we can just make him a swiss-army knife who can do whatever we want with him.

If Saleh and co. has a plan to maximize Hamilton on defense, we can make that pick work. But 4 is too high IMO.

And to Heismanberg's point, if you take a safety in the top 10, even if they want to make him a safety/LB hybrid, you better hit on that player, or it looks really bad. Granted, whoever we take in the top 10, we better hit on.

I don't think Joe Douglas puts a premium on the Safety position...we've seen how much he valued Jamal Adams.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #471 on: January 19, 2022, 11:11:20 AM »
I don't think Joe Douglas puts a premium on the Safety position...we've seen how much he valued Jamal Adams.
That's irrelevant. Adams was begging for a trade, and we traded him for two 1st-round picks plus more. If we traded Adams for a 2nd-round pick, you'd have a point, but we don't know how much he values safety.

Saleh also coached Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor and Jimmie Ward. He wasn't on the Seahawks/49ers when they drafted Thomas/Ward in the 1st round, but he coached them later.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #472 on: January 19, 2022, 11:20:12 AM »
I think the case for Hamilton in the top 10 is that you can also play him at linebacker.

But this takes away his most elite trait which is his range, so you're wasting him in the box.

I've seen people comparing him to Isaiah Simmons.  Simmons is much more physical.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #473 on: January 19, 2022, 11:23:44 AM »
That's irrelevant. Adams was begging for a trade, and we traded him for two 1st-round picks plus more. If we traded Adams for a 2nd-round pick, you'd have a point, but we don't know how much he values safety.

Saleh also coached Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor and Jimmie Ward. He wasn't on the Seahawks/49ers when they drafted Thomas/Ward in the 1st round, but he coached them later.

Sure it's relevant.  Adams wasn't begging for a trade at first. He just got annoyed with Douglas because he wouldn't re-up is contract on a whim. Douglas got maximum value because he's a good GM. 

He also didn't give Maye an extension, made him play on the franchise tag. 

I don't think Safety is on Douglas's priority list in the first round. 
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #474 on: January 19, 2022, 11:25:09 AM »
I think the sweet spot for a starting safety is early second round:  Lewis Cine or Daxton Hill
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 11:28:35 AM by Heismanberg »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #475 on: January 19, 2022, 11:55:24 AM »
With the EDGE, OT, and WR prospects available at those spots we shouldn't be considering safety.

My nightmare would be taking Hamilton and then trading down.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #476 on: January 19, 2022, 11:55:41 AM »
Athletic mock has Ekwonu #1 overall!

https://theathletic.com/3075920/2022/01/19/two-round-2022-nfl-mock-draft-dane-bruglers-mock-2-0-has-a-new-no-1-pick-and-more-surprises/

Stingley at 4 (mehhh), Wilson at 10.

I'd still be shocked if we went corner in round 1.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #477 on: January 19, 2022, 11:56:21 AM »
With the EDGE, OT, and WR prospects available at those spots we shouldn't be considering safety.

My nightmare would be taking Hamilton and then trading down.
Why is trading down your nightmare?

I totally get if people don't want Hamilton, but why would trading down be a bad thing?

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #478 on: January 19, 2022, 12:02:40 PM »
Why is trading down your nightmare?

I totally get if people don't want Hamilton, but why would trading down be a bad thing?

Did you not get that doing both of those things was the problem? I think you didn't get that doing both of those things would be the peoblem

If we're sitting with two top ten picks and so many players at need positions available and all we come away with is a safety and more picks I will definitely be mad.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #479 on: January 19, 2022, 12:20:06 PM »
Did you not get that doing both of those things was the problem? I think you didn't get that doing both of those things would be the peoblem

If we're sitting with two top ten picks and so many players at need positions available and all we come away with is a safety and more picks I will definitely be mad.
No, I get that, I.just don't see why one has anything to do with the other.

It's super early, but right now, there isn't much of a consensus on most of the draft. We might be able to trade back and get one of the receivers or edges or an interior OL. We could trade down from 10 and still get Burks or Dean or Linderbaum or Gardner, etc.

Tags: