Author Topic: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 61743 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #180 on: December 06, 2021, 12:51:08 PM »
I like taking Wydermyer early on day 2.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #181 on: December 06, 2021, 02:37:51 PM »
4.Derek Stingley Jr.
CB LSU

5.George Karlaftis
EDGE Purdue

36. Zion Johnson
OG Boston College

40.Jalen Wydermyer
TE Texas A&M

68.Brandon Smith
LB Penn State

112.John Metchie III
WR Alabama

113.Smoke Monday
S Auburn

146.Jeremy Ruckert
TE Ohio State

160.Sincere McCormick
RB UTSA

Did you pass on Kyle Hamilton? 

I'm not sure if our defense is the best place for Hamilton because of how Saleh uses his safeties.  But maybe that changes once an elite player enters the position group. 

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #182 on: December 06, 2021, 03:47:27 PM »
Did you pass on Kyle Hamilton? 

I'm not sure if our defense is the best place for Hamilton because of how Saleh uses his safeties.  But maybe that changes once an elite player enters the position group. 
I honestly don't remember if he was on the board or not. I took Hamilton last time I posted a mock. Went a different direction this time.

Unless we trade down or unless we have long-term concerns about Becton, the top 2 picks should be defense IMO. That seems like the best value at the top of the draft, unless we want to go with another OT. I think we're fine with Fant and/or Moses at one spot and Becton at the other, and I would rather spend a high pick on an IOL.

I would prefer a trade down to get in the wheelhouse for some of these receivers or IOL, but who knows if that option will be there.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #183 on: December 06, 2021, 04:17:46 PM »
Assuming Jacksonville are picking 2nd, I'm not sure that that pick isn't in play for the right trade. I think they're going to place a higher importance on helping Lawrence out than adding to an already pretty decent pass rush, if we have the 4th and 5th picks then trading up to 2 to get one of the pass rushers seems like a possibility.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #184 on: December 06, 2021, 04:34:18 PM »
Assuming Jacksonville are picking 2nd, I'm not sure that that pick isn't in play for the right trade. I think they're going to place a higher importance on helping Lawrence out than adding to an already pretty decent pass rush, if we have the 4th and 5th picks then trading up to 2 to get one of the pass rushers seems like a possibility.
Hopefully it wouldn't cost an obscene amount if there isn't a QB out there, but going up from 4 to 2 would almost certainly cost us a 2nd-round pick at the minimum. I'd rather not give up a premium pick if we don't have to, but if it looks like Hutch and Thibs are significantly better than the other edge options, it's an option.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #185 on: December 06, 2021, 04:52:27 PM »
Hopefully it wouldn't cost an obscene amount if there isn't a QB out there, but going up from 4 to 2 would almost certainly cost us a 2nd-round pick at the minimum. I'd rather not give up a premium pick if we don't have to, but if it looks like Hutch and Thibs are significantly better than the other edge options, it's an option.

If going from 2 to 4 would mean that Jax can get an extra pick and still get the player they want eg Neal, it might not be a terrible cost. Any other trades would possibly mean them missing out on their first choice. We have a lot of picks next year, and I'm sold on the idea that adding an elite pass rusher is the single best thing we could do.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #186 on: December 06, 2021, 05:03:21 PM »
If going from 2 to 4 would mean that Jax can get an extra pick and still get the player they want eg Neal, it might not be a terrible cost. Any other trades would possibly mean them missing out on their first choice. We have a lot of picks next year, and I'm sold on the idea that adding an elite pass rusher is the single best thing we could do.
You have to be really confident that there's a gap between Thibodeaux or Hutchinson and the next group of edge rushers.

I agree that edge rusher is the best thing we can do. However, we have a ton of needs on both sides of the ball at this point. If we get an A- edge rusher instead of an A+ edge rusher, but we also get a starting linebacker or tight end out of the mix, it's hard to justify trading up, especially when nobody knows for a fact that the "A+ rusher" will be better than the "A- rusher."

FWIW, the NFL Draft value chart would have a trade from 4 to 2 costing us 36 and 68. It might not cost that much, but I doubt it costs less than 36.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #187 on: December 06, 2021, 05:54:19 PM »
CBS has Jax taking Ekwonu and the Texans taking Corrall, leaving us with Neal and Thibodeaux.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-mock-draft-panthers-steelers-lions-find-qbs-as-four-passers-go-in-round-1/

If this actually happened then I would actually anoint Douglas as the chosen one, not because he's done anything particularly good but because the one thing you can't teach is lucky and he would have gotten a whole bunch of that.

WW85

• Lord El-Ray
  • Laveranues Coles
« Reply #188 on: December 07, 2021, 08:24:58 AM »
It's been a long time, playing a lot of golf with trips to Myrtle Beach & Hilton Head, watching Hockey & College Football, working like crazy, and not online as much.

I believe the order is correct, even with the Hawks winning were still at #5, but don't expect that to last, their remaining schedule is a cupcake.

Here's my Current Mock via a simulator:

4: R1 P4 S Kyle Hamilton - Notre Dame
5: R1 P5 C Tyler Linderbaum - Iowa
36: R2 P4 CB Andrew Booth Jr. - Clemson
40: R2 P8 LB Nakobe Dean - Georgia
68: R3 P4 EDGE Nik Bonitto - Oklahoma
110: R4 P8 TE Charlie Kolar - Iowa State
115: R4 P13 WR Alec Pierce - Cincinnati
146: R5 P4 RB Jerome Ford - Cincinnati
157: R5 P15 DL Dante Stills - West Virginia

The top 2 edge rushers were gone.

IMO, my top 2 picks are future pro bowlers. I believe our current center is good, but JD won't pay a 13 mil cap hit next year.

Heavy Defense at the top, I believe quite a few of these players won't fall that far.

Love Charlie Kolar, doubt he falls to Rd 4.

Would have liked to get a guard, but the value on other players were too great. I also like our new Doctor on the line, JD should have been arrested for that.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #189 on: December 07, 2021, 01:12:35 PM »
I like the idea of doing the reverse of what we did last year:
-  free agency is focused on putting vets around zach
-  day 1 and 2 should be defense focused with 1-2 offensive picks
- day 3 should mostly offense focused to fill in behind the vets we sign and build depth

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #190 on: December 08, 2021, 09:57:43 AM »
Only did two rounds bc what do I know...and traded back twice

1.4 - Kyle Hamilton S ND
1.23 - Devin Lloyd LB Utah
2.36 - Trent McDuffie CB Washington
2.40 - Zion Johnson OG BC
2.47 - Jalen Wydermyer TE Texas AM
2.55 - Jahan Dotson WR PSU

Also received CLE 2023 2nd rd pick

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #191 on: December 08, 2021, 07:30:26 PM »
i admittedly have no idea who kyle hamilton is and i get secondary is a huge concern, but if we used the 4th overall pick on a safety, i fear what i would do to myself in anger

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #192 on: December 08, 2021, 07:45:28 PM »
i admittedly have no idea who kyle hamilton is and i get secondary is a huge concern, but if we used the 4th overall pick on a safety, i fear what i would do to myself in anger

But think of the draft picks we'd get for him in another three years' time!

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #193 on: December 09, 2021, 08:10:11 AM »
But think of the draft picks we'd get for him in another TWO years' time!

FYP

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #194 on: December 09, 2021, 08:16:11 AM »
are you guys really bitching about selling high on an overpaid Safety who can't cover?
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: