Author Topic: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 61742 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2021, 10:02:33 AM »
This. You can spend multiple 1st on o line but you need to spread it out.  It can't be 3 years in a row, the cap and salary configurations don't allow it.  You need to maximize your return on investment.  Letting a player go because you've invested too much money in the position is poor roster and asset management.

Improving the o line this year is about adding players later in the draft as well as free agency.  If you want to spend a 1st on o lineman it should be next year at the earliest.

I'm cool with draft Ekwonu in the top ten because he's an impact player at tackle/guard.  I'm not cool drafting an interior offensive lineman that high or TWO offensive linemen in the top ten.  That makes no sense. 

We STINK on defense.  We desperately need speed on every level. 

Lots of fans want a tackle because Becton has been hurt a lot.  What about Carl Lawson?  EDGE is a significant need for us.  It allows JFM to move inside with Quinnen Williams.  We should not invest big money into Fatukasi when his replacement (who is a better, more versatile player) is already on the roster. 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 10:04:12 AM by Heismanberg »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2021, 10:06:08 AM »
I'm cool with draft Ekwonu in the top ten because he's an impact player at tackle/guard.  I'm not cool drafting an interior offensive lineman that high or TWO offensive linemen in the top ten.  That makes no sense. 

We STINK on defense.  We desperately need speed on every level. 

Lots of fans want a tackle because Becton has been hurt a lot.  What about Carl Lawson?  EDGE is a significant need for us.  It allows JFM to move inside with Quinnen Williams.  We should not invest big money into Fatukasi when his replacement (who is a better, more versatile player) is already on the roster.
Agree with all of us, especially fatukasi.
We have proved for decades that our scouts can find probowl level talent at dt.  Let the guy walk and find a way to improve our edge talent.

If Joe doesn't trust mekhi because he is sloppy fatsthen draft another elite o line prospect otherwise use the draft capital elsewhere. 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 10:09:01 AM by insanity »

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2021, 10:18:50 AM »
My ideal scenario is the Seahawks lose enough games for us to get Hutchinson and we win enough games to draft Linderbaum at an appropriate spot.  It's more likely that it'll be the other way around.  So be it.

I'm not going to worry about drafting too many offensive linemen in the first round until I see more than one position locked up long term.  Worrying about paying three/four superstar second contracts is some dcm excrement. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2021, 10:22:21 AM »
This seems to be the strategy that Douglas believes in.  I just think it's a significant waste of draft capital to pick a center in the top five.  We're OK at center. 

LDT is also just OK. 

Icky Ekwonu is very similar to AVT.  He can play both tackle and guard.  I think he's worth a top five pick because he's elite at a premium position (tackle) and he can help us at multiple spots. 

People want the next Nick Mangold.  He was drafted at the backend of the first round, where centers should be drafted.  I'd have no problem going Linderbaum if we traded back (or trade back up into the late first).

I just think you have to spend top ten draft picks on premium positions:  EDGE, OT, WR, CB

I'm on board with everything said here.

I will add that i'm also on board with finding the next Mangold, because i think McGovern isn't worth keeping around.  I don't believe Linderbaum is top 10 worthy, but, i also don't expect him to be available at the back of the 1st round either....he's too good of a prospect.  Trading back into the 1st round would most likely be the route to take if we want him.

Landing an EDGE, WR or DB with our top 10 picks....and then trading up to steal Linderbaum.  My boner would last for weeks.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2021, 10:26:05 AM »
Brugler has Linderbaum going 7th to the Giants. I haven't been looking much at 2022 mocks but from the little I've seen I think most expect him gone top half at the very least.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2021, 10:27:14 AM »
Brugler has Linderbaum going 7th to the Giants. I haven't been looking much at 2022 mocks but from the little I've seen I think most expect him gone top half at the very least.

That's a bit of a reach....

and Dane Brugler is retarded.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2021, 10:47:20 AM »
The only caveat to this is if Joe Douglas think Mekhi is a fat slob who can't play
Becton washing this quickly is such an awful scenario that I refuse to consider it

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2021, 11:30:49 AM »

Mocks in November and December are useless. 

(Mocks are useless January-December actually)
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2021, 11:35:51 AM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2021, 11:51:48 AM »

4: R1 P4 EDGE Kayvon Thibodeaux - Oregon

6: R1 P6 OT Evan Neal - Alabama

36: R2 P4 C Tyler Linderbaum - Iowa

46: R2 P14 S Verone McKinley III - Oregon

68: R3 P4 WR Justyn Ross - Clemson

Thank you fanspeak

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2021, 11:52:23 AM »
Kyle Hamilton scares me.  Not like "I don't think he'll be good" scares me; more like "his freakish limbs remind me of slenderman" scares me.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2021, 11:54:28 AM »
And so did we

I thought we just brought him in for a workout and signed some other terrible kicker instead.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2021, 12:05:08 PM »

Of course they are, they're useless for a wide variety of reasons - teams will change positions, their draft strategy is unknown, players will lose form or get injured or choose to stay in school while others will light up the Senior Bowl and the Combine. Doesn't stop us doing them, reading them and discussing them though, does it?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2021, 12:07:38 PM »
I've been all on board with our OL draft moves. I loved the Becton pick. I loved trading up for an offensive guard, which is a move that sounds stupid on paper, but made perfect sense given our needs.

I'm even fine if we take a 3rd straight OL in the 1st round next year. But we have so many needs as a roster. Just because our OL has been bad for a decade doesn't mean we need to go completely the other way and let the rest of our roster continue to degrade.

I'm not even all that worried about the salary cap when it comes to this. We need to get enough good players to sign before I worry about that. But at some point, we need to spread out our resources. AVT looks like a star. Becton was drafted to be one and showed flashes. Between Fant and Moses, we have a startable offensive tackle. McGovern isn't great, but he's a mediocre NFL starter.

I would like to bring in two more upgrades to the line next year. Spend a big draft resource on an OL, likely an interior OL. Then bring in competition for the other interior OL spot and bring back Moses and/or Fant.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2021, 12:17:43 PM »
I've been all on board with our OL draft moves. I loved the Becton pick. I loved trading up for an offensive guard, which is a move that sounds stupid on paper, but made perfect sense given our needs.

I'm even fine if we take a 3rd straight OL in the 1st round next year. But we have so many needs as a roster. Just because our OL has been bad for a decade doesn't mean we need to go completely the other way and let the rest of our roster continue to degrade.

I'm not even all that worried about the salary cap when it comes to this. We need to get enough good players to sign before I worry about that. But at some point, we need to spread out our resources. AVT looks like a star. Becton was drafted to be one and showed flashes. Between Fant and Moses, we have a startable offensive tackle. McGovern isn't great, but he's a mediocre NFL starter.

I would like to bring in two more upgrades to the line next year. Spend a big draft resource on an OL, likely an interior OL. Then bring in competition for the other interior OL spot and bring back Moses and/or Fant.
I think continuing to improve the OL should still be among our top priorities but not to the point where we must use one of the 1st rounders on it. But I wouldn't complain if we did. I'm generally a proponent of "if you think a player will be great just pick them instead of debating if the value is appropriate."

Tags: