Author Topic: Best Available Pick #34  (Read 8687 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Best Available Pick #34
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2021, 05:59:04 PM »
Dallas and Panthers rumored calling for 34.
Atlanta too, per RapSheet
Need a new one for a new board...

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2021, 10:39:34 PM »
Atlanta too, per RapSheet

I'm guessing they were probably only offered a 4th or 5th round pick and it seemed like they valued Moore as a top 25 player. From JD's and Saleh's reaction over the phone, it sounded like Moore was strongly in play if they stayed at 23.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2021, 10:47:15 PM »
I'm guessing they were probably only offered a 4th or 5th round pick and it seemed like they valued Moore as a top 25 player. From JD's and Saleh's reaction over the phone, it sounded like Moore was strongly in play if they stayed at 23.

Sure sounds like it. If the guy ends up as our Steve Smith or Santana Moss nothing we could have gotten in a trade back would be worth it.

Heck even the AVT trade is already settled (well we actually add to it tomorrow)

Jets:
AVT

Vikings:
Christian Darrisaw
Kellen Mond
Wyatt Davis

I'd take AVT over the haul the Vikings got without a question. I know we would have used our picks differently, but still I'm pretty happy with what we have accomplished so far.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2021, 03:55:46 AM »
Sure sounds like it. If the guy ends up as our Steve Smith or Santana Moss nothing we could have gotten in a trade back would be worth it.

Heck even the AVT trade is already settled (well we actually add to it tomorrow)

Jets:
AVT

Vikings:
Christian Darrisaw
Kellen Mond
Wyatt Davis

I'd take AVT over the haul the Vikings got without a question. I know we would have used our picks differently, but still I'm pretty happy with what we have accomplished so far.
That seems a bit rose tinted no?

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2021, 05:29:59 AM »
That seems a bit rose tinted no?

If we assume AVT is off the board at 23, I don’t think so.

AVT is leaps and bounds better as a prospect than Davis, a guy I thought we’d tag at 23 is Teven Jenkins and obviously between injury and something else he fell much further than we though, indicating he wasn’t the prospect we thought. Darrisaw wasn’t exactly a fit for what we needed here. AVT was the perfect piece for our biggest need. So replacing him effectively while holding our other picks would have been hard.

Sure it all depends on how they play, if AVT becomes an all pro, we win the trade. If Davis becomes the all pro for the Vikings and AVT is just an average OG then we lose, simple as that. But I like our chances to come out “winners” in this trade a couple years from now

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2021, 07:45:37 AM »

Jets:
AVT

Vikings:
Christian Darrisaw
Kellen Mond
Wyatt Davis

To be fair, Vikings did pretty well out of it.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2021, 08:11:00 AM »
To be fair, Vikings did pretty well out of it.

They did, but I think we did quite alright as well. At the end of the day I’m very happy with our 3 additions, and as much as waiting that long to pick again wasnt much fun, i think we are better this way than if we hadn’t made the trade for AVT

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2021, 11:30:35 AM »
Trading up is usually a bad idea in general unless it's for a quarterback. But AVT was clearly the BPA at his position, he filled a need, his value matched the board, and we have a lot of extra picks, so it makes sense.

The thing with the trade-up is that AVT needs to be the real deal. Trading up puts more pressure on Douglas to be right. If AVT busts, not having the extra picks really hurts.

Tags: