Author Topic: Zach Fans, Not Jets Fans  (Read 160995 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Zach to the Future
« Reply #2295 on: November 28, 2022, 08:09:41 AM »
He's in street clothes because he's struggling to perform at a basic level of competence. He isn't of any value to the players in pads, what does Rosenblatt expect him to be doing?

Why is Rosenblatt watching Zach Wilson on the sideline instead of the actual game he gets paid to cover?
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2296 on: November 28, 2022, 08:36:36 AM »
Why is Rosenblatt watching Zach Wilson on the sideline instead of the actual game he gets paid to cover?

Because Zach looking mopey in the rain is just as “good” a story for clicks as Mike White kicking derriere yesterday.
Need a new one for a new board...

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2297 on: November 28, 2022, 08:49:54 AM »
I don't care. Until the situation changes, Zach Wilson sucks.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2298 on: November 28, 2022, 09:07:27 AM »
I don't care. Until the situation changes, Zach Wilson sucks.
No debating that. But I can't stand the narrative blowing up around the situation. "freak Zach Wilson" is getting way more traction than giving Mike White credit for a great game.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2299 on: November 28, 2022, 09:29:00 AM »
I just love how Zach Wilson saying "no" was a much bigger sin than him being one of the worst picks in this franchises history.

Regardless none of this excrement matters if Mike White can look anything even remotely like he did yesterday on the road vs the Bills and Vikings

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2300 on: November 28, 2022, 11:11:43 AM »
I just love how Zach Wilson saying "no" was a much bigger sin than him being one of the worst picks in this franchises history.

Regardless none of this excrement matters if Mike White can look anything even remotely like he did yesterday on the road vs the Bills and Vikings

it's way too premature to call Zach one of the worst picks in franchise history.  Does he need to sit and learn? yes...but settle down.  He's not the first young QB that's had to take a few steps back in order to progress.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2301 on: November 28, 2022, 12:00:45 PM »
it's way too premature to call Zach one of the worst picks in franchise history.  Does he need to sit and learn? yes...but settle down.  He's not the first young QB that's had to take a few steps back in order to progress.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2302 on: November 28, 2022, 12:16:01 PM »
He's done here.  I know it's only 2 years in, but life comes at you fast in the NFL.  How many QBs ultimately thrived after bottoming out in/after their 2nd season?  It happens, but rarely. He's a mental case. He might fix it, but not here.  He might play again this year or next, but it won't ultimately matter.  No one likes him and he can't play well enough to overcome that.

I doubt Mike White is the guy either but at least he has a chance here.  He doesn't have to be a top 10 QB in this offense and with our defense playing so well.  Just be average and don't blow it with turnovers. I'll have hope if he can play competently against Minnesota, win or loss.

I'm tired of drafting QBs.  Unless Mike White proves me wrong, with this defense, pay a good veteran and maybe draft a physically limited smart QB outside the first round or something.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2303 on: November 28, 2022, 12:31:22 PM »
He's done here.  I know it's only 2 years in, but life comes at you fast in the NFL.  How many QBs ultimately thrived after bottoming out in/after their 2nd season?  It happens, but rarely. He's a mental case. He might fix it, but not here.  He might play again this year or next, but it won't ultimately matter.  No one likes him and he can't play well enough to overcome that.

I doubt Mike White is the guy either but at least he has a chance here.  He doesn't have to be a top 10 QB in this offense and with our defense playing so well.  Just be average and don't blow it with turnovers. I'll have hope if he can play competently against Minnesota, win or loss.

I'm tired of drafting QBs.  Unless Mike White proves me wrong, with this defense, pay a good veteran and maybe draft a physically limited smart QB outside the first round or something.

I think he's done here, but I think sitting the rest of this year should be enough to overcome nobody liking him and all that bullshit.

Unfortunately once he sucks derriere as soon as he starts playing next year, I think they'll go back to hating him.

I wonder if he's even tradeable

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2304 on: November 28, 2022, 12:56:39 PM »
It certainly isn't concrete, but it is much closer to him being a massive bust than him progressing into a good starter on his rookie deal.

He really reminds me of Geno in some ways. I wouldn't be surprised if Wilson became a good starter down the road but it may take a while.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2305 on: November 28, 2022, 01:00:38 PM »
I think it is premature to know what we will do at QB. I think the only thing we know is that we cannot count on Zach being the guy. Maybe he becomes the guy anyway, but we need another legit option to go with him.

Maybe White can be that guy. He has played very well in 2 of his 3 full starts, and his bad start came against a great defense last year. He will have an opportunity to prove himself one way or the other.

The best scenario is that White shows he can be a solid QB and we can let Zach sit behind him as insurance (or take his job if he takes a big step forward).

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2306 on: November 28, 2022, 01:31:11 PM »
He really reminds me of Geno in some ways. I wouldn't be surprised if Wilson became a good starter down the road but it may take a while.

If he never gets a shot with the Jets again, it'd be interesting to see if he'd take a shot at the USFL or the XFL to rebuild his image.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #2307 on: November 28, 2022, 01:31:21 PM »
He's done here.  I know it's only 2 years in, but life comes at you fast in the NFL.  How many QBs ultimately thrived after bottoming out in/after their 2nd season?
In answer to your question, Steve Young.

After his stint in the USFL (LA Express.) Tampa Bay posted 2–14 records in Young's two seasons with them.  Young was 3–16 as a starter with 12 TDs, 21 INTs and a sub 55% completion pct. and why they drafted Vinny Testaverde first overall in the 1987 draft.  Bill Walsh knew the Bucs (not Young) was the problem and traded for him to back up Joe Montana—the rest is history.

I agree that Mike White is probably not ‘the guy’

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2308 on: November 28, 2022, 01:44:20 PM »
Not trying to make ANOTHER XFL reference in this thread, but if we can get a couple Tommy Maddox level seasons out of Mike White then we'll be in a good spot.  We have a really good young corps, a relatively young coaching staff, and a general manager that appears to know what the hell he's doing.

We just need someone that can competently hold it down.  That's what someone like Garoppolo could give this team, but if White can do it, we're better off. 

We're not really stuck in football purgatory if he can manage games consistently.  It buys us time to re-sign Quinnen Williams and revamp certain positions (linebacker, safety, and offensive line).  We have the premium positions sured-up for the first time in what feels like forever.  Probably not a bad idea to improve the WR room too. 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 01:48:53 PM by Heismanberg »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2309 on: November 28, 2022, 02:00:12 PM »
Not trying to make ANOTHER XFL reference in this thread, but if we can get a couple Tommy Maddox level seasons out of Mike White then we'll be in a good spot.  We have a really good young corps, a relatively young coaching staff, and a general manager that appears to know what the hell he's doing.

We just need someone that can competently hold it down.  That's what someone like Garoppolo could give this team, but if White can do it, we're better off. 

We're not really stuck in football purgatory if he can manage games consistently.  It buys us time to re-sign Quinnen Williams and revamp certain positions (linebacker, safety, and offensive line).  We have the premium positions sured-up for the first time in what feels like forever.  Probably not a bad idea to improve the WR room too. 

Completely agree. Part of me likes the idea of trying to get something from White. He will likely be a lot cheaper than other veteran options.

The best case scenario is he is a hold-the-fort guy. The defense is good enough where we can win low-scoring games with decent offense. Then keeping Wilson becomes viable, too, if the Jets still believe in him. Maybe him coming in needing to earn the job is what he needs. I'm a little skeptical but that may be better than trading him.

Next year, if we get AVT and Breece back, and do something at tackle, we can survive with decent QB play. That was the 2009 formula.

I dont know if we can do that this year because of the OL, but White also could be an upgrade on what Sanchez was.

Tags: