Author Topic: Zach Fans, Not Jets Fans  (Read 162700 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Zach to the Future
« Reply #1365 on: August 20, 2022, 06:49:00 AM »
First off, thinking Flacco “shredding” the inexperienced Falcons defense, with a weak pass rush, that can’t hit him anyways in a practice in August should not be used as an indicator that he’s about to do that to a much more talented defense (and secondary) in a Baltimore, let alone a series of NFL teams. Flacco is 0-5 here for a reason, he’s not suddenly turning back the clock and going to carry this teams offense to victory after victory. The reports about his play in camp are good and fun to read, none of those reports are suggesting he’s morphed into Aaron Rodgers

Secondly, Saleh has already said it’s Zach’s job the minutes he’s healthy and ready to play.  What is the goal of this franchise and regime? To win 8 games this year? Or to win a Super Bowl in the long run? This team isn’t good enough to win a ring right now. Flacco winning us one or two more games this year because his experience allows him to either not make a bad throw or see a specific defensive weakness in a “swing game” that could go either way will not help us win that ring. Zach has to be on the field and getting the experience to be able to do that for himself, so that next year and the year after when we are ready to compete for it all, we have a QB who has progressed enough to carry us through. Zach cannot become a superstar QB by sitting. He needs to get on the field and learn with the supports around him.

Tldr; unless Flacco actually is Aaron Rodgers and can carry us all the way, or Zach is too hurt to play, Zach needs to be on the field so he can work through his issues and become the best player he can be
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1366 on: August 20, 2022, 07:38:48 AM »
I'd guess the bigger concern too would be wanting to give Zach a Wilson as many reps as possible, in the event the Jets have a top 2 or 3 pick next year and have to make difficult decisions

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1367 on: August 20, 2022, 10:02:20 AM »
I'd guess the bigger concern too would be wanting to give Zach a Wilson as many reps as possible, in the event the Jets have a top 2 or 3 pick next year and have to make difficult decisions

We won’t be picking that high again. If we are we are starting over and we can’t count on Zach in 23 anyways, either because of atrocious play or injury or more likely both
Need a new one for a new board...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1368 on: August 21, 2022, 09:11:45 AM »
If Flacco is playing amazing, you can always say Zach needs another week to recover. If Flacco is really good for 4 weeks or so and we are 4-0, then we have a discussion. Thst is unlikely to happen.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1369 on: August 21, 2022, 03:46:16 PM »
If Flacco is playing amazing, you can always say Zach needs another week to recover. If Flacco is really good for 4 weeks or so and we are 4-0, then we have a discussion. Thst is unlikely to happen.

we are the NYJ, we never have problems like 'we have too many playable quarterbacks right now and don't know which one to pick to play' lol

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #1370 on: August 21, 2022, 05:22:47 PM »
we are the NYJ, we never have problems like 'we have too many playable quarterbacks right now and don't know which one to pick to play' lol
Jet trivia: in 1965, the year the Jets drafted Joe Namath (who finished 11th in the Heisman Trophy voting) the Jets drafted Heisman Trophy winner John Huarte (QB, ND) in the 2nd round.  By the next year they had traded Huarte to the Patriots.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1371 on: August 30, 2022, 02:12:39 PM »
Wilson's walking around without any noticeable limp, just a sleeve on his right leg.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1372 on: August 30, 2022, 02:26:52 PM »
Wilson's walking around without any noticeable limp, just a sleeve on his right leg.

all that MILF discharge made him a quick healer.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1374 on: September 07, 2022, 10:57:40 AM »
Frustrating when your young QB misses multiple games in back-to-back seasons. It's a big year for Zach. The rest of the team has a lot of young talent in place. I'm not sure we can afford to go into 2023 with the same quarterback questions we have going into 2022.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1375 on: September 07, 2022, 11:01:16 AM »
Frustrating when your young QB misses multiple games in back-to-back seasons. It's a big year for Zach. The rest of the team has a lot of young talent in place. I'm not sure we can afford to go into 2023 with the same quarterback questions we have going into 2022.

He got hurt in the preseason on a fluke play.  It's on the coaches for having him out there, in my opinion. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1376 on: September 07, 2022, 11:06:50 AM »
He got hurt in the preseason on a fluke play.  It's on the coaches for having him out there, in my opinion. 

So you would have had him sit through the entire preseason.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1377 on: September 07, 2022, 11:22:58 AM »
So you would have had him sit through the entire preseason.

I would've had him play a series or two in the final preseason game.  He didn't need to play in the first or second.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1378 on: September 07, 2022, 11:28:59 AM »
If we're so scared of Zach getting hurt that we're blaming coaches for playing him 2 series in the preseason, we have bigger issues.

That's not on the coaches. It's not on anyone. But Zach needs to stay healthy and perform better, or we will have some tough decisions in 2023.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #1379 on: September 07, 2022, 11:35:43 AM »
How do you go from possibly playing this week to not playing the next three in the span of two days

Tags: