Author Topic: Someone else’s bridge  (Read 916 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Someone else’s bridge
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 08:46:04 AM »
Puck Buttigieg
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 08:54:05 AM »
I don't understand how these two sentences make sense together.

“The Trump people, being Luddites, did something with the library,” said Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-Ore.), chair of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, who had gotten together with Buttigieg last weekend. “And nobody’s quite sure where it went.”

After asking aides about it, Buttigieg and his team discovered that much of the department’s trove of research materials was digitized and that they, indeed, had access to them.

Digitizing a library of resources is pretty much the opposite of being Luddites. I'm all for putting the boot in on the last administration but it's not like they didn't give you enough open opportunities, making up nonsensical ones doesn't really achieve anything.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 08:58:54 AM »
I hadn’t even bothered reading the story to be honest.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 09:07:09 AM »
I don't understand how these two sentences make sense together.

Digitizing a library of resources is pretty much the opposite of being Luddites. I'm all for putting the boot in on the last administration but it's not like they didn't give you enough open opportunities, making up nonsensical ones doesn't really achieve anything.
Sounds like the first comment was before they realized it was digitized.  Foot in mouth.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 09:23:20 AM »
Sounds like the first comment was before they realized it was digitized.  Foot in mouth.

It's the kind of thing my mother-in-law says. "When you did something to my computer last weekend you lost all my photos!"

No, I moved them from their previous location [C:Documents/New Folder/Cancun2002/Sony/F45674w26/New Folder/New Folder/New Folder] to the directory cunningly hidden in plan sight on your dekstop called Pictures, which is buried away in an obscure location on your drive [C:Pictures]. And if by "did something to my computer last weekend" you mean "spent four hours removing the vast swathes of trackers, malware, browser extensions, and unnecessary applications that I have managed to add in the last three months since you last did this because I refuse to not click every single freaking thing that pops up whenever I go onto the internet", you're welcome.

But I expect this kind of stupidity from my mother-in-law. Elected officials should know better.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 09:30:10 AM »
It's the kind of thing my mother-in-law says. "When you did something to my computer last weekend you lost all my photos!"

No, I moved them from their previous location [C:Documents/New Folder/Cancun2002/Sony/F45674w26/New Folder/New Folder/New Folder] to the directory cunningly hidden in plan sight on your dekstop called Pictures, which is buried away in an obscure location on your drive [C:Pictures]. And if by "did something to my computer last weekend" you mean "spent four hours removing the vast swathes of trackers, malware, browser extensions, and unnecessary applications that I have managed to add in the last three months since you last did this because I refuse to not click every single freaking thing that pops up whenever I go onto the internet", you're welcome.

But I expect this kind of stupidity from my mother-in-law. Elected officials should know better.
This was my Mom.  Exactly.  I miss her, but I don't miss that. Haha.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2021, 10:17:22 AM »

^ First team All-Family.   The Luddite comment itself,  smh

Tags: