Author Topic: Miscellaneous Items of Which No Proper Categorization is Required  (Read 314008 times)

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
Re: Miscellaneous Items of Which No Proper Categorization is Required
« Reply #2940 on: November 24, 2020, 05:40:23 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/dharmannofficial/videos/1022261794893636

Oh boy, looks like I'm going down this rabbit hole.

the wife in this vid isn't even 'fat', she's just a BBW and if anybody has an issue with her size it's likely because they don't have enough dick to satisfy her/them

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2943 on: November 25, 2020, 12:09:38 AM »

Who the freak hates lasagna with all there heart?

And why does this guy only own two shirts?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #2944 on: November 25, 2020, 08:40:02 AM »
Who the freak hates lasagna with all there heart?

And why does this guy only own two shirts?

also, did you see the state of that lasagna?

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2945 on: November 25, 2020, 08:46:39 AM »

It looked like someone took a plastic prop version of lasagna and put it in the microwave.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2946 on: November 25, 2020, 03:46:00 PM »
WTF? I want my 2 minutes back.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #2947 on: November 25, 2020, 03:51:26 PM »

looked like a saggy tuna tiramisu

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2948 on: November 28, 2020, 02:10:58 AM »
NEW: 100s of court docs reveal McKinsey firm’s complicity w the Sackler family/Purdue Pharma’s “notorious plan to ‘turbocharge’ OxyContin sales at a time when opioid abuse had already killed hundreds of thousands of Americans” @pekingmike & @waltbogdanich
https://t.co/sIIdRRu0KH

Raw Story: McKinsey & Company advised Purdue Pharma to pay pharmacies when their customers overdosed on OxyContin: report.
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/mckinsey-company-advised-purdue-pharma-to-pay-pharmacies-when-their-customers-overdosed-on-oxycontin-report/

Damn.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 02:23:44 AM by bojanglesman »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2949 on: November 28, 2020, 09:45:37 AM »
The deep dives on Purdue Pharma and the Sackler family are must-reads.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2950 on: November 28, 2020, 10:06:28 PM »
 .... "weird news this" and "weird news that" amidst the stale and hardened political bitching, whining threads, etc., etc. to put this?

Google: "Nicholas Bros." and the (still racist?) American, North American, Canadaian, European, Asian, et al will bring to the fore lame-derriere Google responses i.e. Nicholas Cage (?)...and even actor Nicholas Brendan??..

..the following is Barry Sanders-meets-Eric Dickerson x10.. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBb9hTyLjfM

On the other hand, Google: just the first name "Fred" (minus the accompanying 'Astaire') and rest assured you will come across very quickly the Fredster.  Long story short: both genius; albeit unleveled playing field in terms of recognition. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScXlT8RXnPU

No proper categorization is required...  : -)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2951 on: November 29, 2020, 07:17:06 AM »
.... "weird news this" and "weird news that" amidst the stale and hardened political bitching, whining threads, etc., etc. to put this?

Google: "Nicholas Bros." and the (still racist?) American, North American, Canadaian, European, Asian, et al will bring to the fore lame-derriere Google responses i.e. Nicholas Cage (?)...and even actor Nicholas Brendan??..

On the other hand, Google: just the first name "Fred" (minus the accompanying 'Astaire') and rest assured you will come across very quickly the Fredster.  Long story short: both genius; albeit unleveled playing field in terms of recognition. 

How high were you when you wrote this?

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #2952 on: November 29, 2020, 03:01:44 PM »

Oh fun, I can contribute miscellaneous facts somewhat related to this post.

Fred Astaire complimenting the Stormy Weathers dance scene was a pretty big deal at the time, he called that scene the greatest dance scene ever recorded on camera, iirc. I'm pretty sure it was the first all-black film ever to be released in Hollywood.

Hellzapoppin' with the most iconic lindy dance scene in history (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E40IgBYVkKk) was released two years earlier, and more characteristic of the time - that was the only scene in the movie with black actors, and the scene wasn't included in a lot of theaters on release.

Youngest dancer in that scene, Norma Miller, was leading dance seminars up until a couple years ago, and just died last year. Both Nicholas brothers lived into the 2000s too, I believe.

But the craziest life story of any dancer from the 20s-40s is probably Josephine Baker - grew up as a street child and granddaughter of slaves in St. Louis, literally dancing on the street for money. Legally married when she was 13, divorced in less than a year. Married again when she was 15, shortly before moving to NYC to do vaudeville charleston dancing. Sailed to Paris when she was 19 where she got her "big break" as a dancer known for dancing topless/wearing banana peels (video findable on youtube, of course). Started hanging out with Hemingway, got painted by Picasso. Became a movie star and famous singer in Europe before WW2, got married for the third time to a French guy, became a French spy, gathering information about German troop movements and sending them to British allies while traveling around Europe and North Africa as a performer. Was awarded some of the highest honors in the French military after the war, adopted 11 kids, toured America in the early fifties and tried to desegregate every city she went to, eventually getting charged as a communist and kicked out of the country, although after becoming close friends with Grace Kelly. Came back to America for MLK's march on Washington, was the only female speaker the day of the I Have a Dream speech. Bought a castle, lost it, retired to a villa that Grace Kelly owned in Monaco, buried with full French military honors.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #2953 on: November 29, 2020, 03:33:16 PM »

Oh fun, I can contribute miscellaneous facts somewhat related to this post.

Fred Astaire complimenting the Stormy Weathers dance scene was a pretty big deal at the time, he called that scene the greatest dance scene ever recorded on camera, iirc. I'm pretty sure it was the first all-black film ever to be released in Hollywood.

Hellzapoppin' with the most iconic lindy dance scene in history (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E40IgBYVkKk) was released two years earlier, and more characteristic of the time - that was the only scene in the movie with black actors, and the scene wasn't included in a lot of theaters on release.

Youngest dancer in that scene, Norma Miller, was leading dance seminars up until a couple years ago, and just died last year. Both Nicholas brothers lived into the 2000s too, I believe.

But the craziest life story of any dancer from the 20s-40s is probably Josephine Baker - grew up as a street child and granddaughter of slaves in St. Louis, literally dancing on the street for money. Legally married when she was 13, divorced in less than a year. Married again when she was 15, shortly before moving to NYC to do vaudeville charleston dancing. Sailed to Paris when she was 19 where she got her "big break" as a dancer known for dancing topless/wearing banana peels (video findable on youtube, of course). Started hanging out with Hemingway, got painted by Picasso. Became a movie star and famous singer in Europe before WW2, got married for the third time to a French guy, became a French spy, gathering information about German troop movements and sending them to British allies while traveling around Europe and North Africa as a performer. Was awarded some of the highest honors in the French military after the war, adopted 11 kids, toured America in the early fifties and tried to desegregate every city she went to, eventually getting charged as a communist and kicked out of the country, although after becoming close friends with Grace Kelly. Came back to America for MLK's march on Washington, was the only female speaker the day of the I Have a Dream speech. Bought a castle, lost it, retired to a villa that Grace Kelly owned in Monaco, buried with full French military honors.

not to be mean/offensive as it isn't intended, but just looking at the structure of these posts is making me chuckle, i don't know why. maybe it's a response/defense mechanism to that horrible loss.

at any rate, i know both posts probably have their little bits of gold but i'll get to actually reading them when i'm in a better state of mind. in the meantime it would still be funny seeing you two attempt to outdo yourselves with posts like these

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2954 on: November 29, 2020, 09:37:55 PM »
How high were you when you wrote this?
Quite.  I did appreciate the videos though - genius.