Author Topic: World News  (Read 106002 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: World News
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2014, 09:09:19 AM »
So... Ukraine... Russia. Discuss.

This was pretty funny.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/02/us-ukraine-crisis-usa-kerry-idUSBREA210DG20140302

"You just don't in the 21st century behave in 19th century fashion by invading another country on completely trumped up pre-text," Kerry told the CBS program "Face the Nation."

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2014, 09:22:34 AM »
Putin is crazy and desperate to be viewed as powerful so counting on Russia to act logically and responsibly isn't realistic.

I'd guess that this is resolved with Russia controlling a semi-autonomous Crimea a little more explicitly than in the past and the rest of Ukraine joining the EU in a few years. But it could really go down in any number of ways.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2014, 09:43:16 AM »
Russia is just flexing. They'll eventually call it some sort of peacekeeping mission.
"Wrong!"

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2014, 10:18:56 AM »
I think a certain ex-KGB megalomaniac just wants to demonstrate to the world that his kleptocracy isn't as laughably incompetent as the Winter Olympics demonstrated it to be.

God, what an odious little dickbag.  He put his number one political rival in house arrest, so now it's all up to hoo-ha Riot. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2014, 10:20:13 AM »
I think a certain ex-KGB megalomaniac just wants to demonstrate to the world that his kleptocracy isn't as laughably incompetent as the Winter Olympics demonstrated it to be.

God, what an odious little dickbag.  He put his number one political rival in house arrest, so now it's all up to hoo-ha Riot.

hoo-ha Riot deserves their own children's cartoon show, like Josie and the Pussycats.

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2014, 10:22:06 AM »
hoo-ha Riot deserves their own children's cartoon show, like Josie and the Pussycats.

All joking aside, that could be some beautiful political satire. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2014, 10:23:18 AM »
All joking aside, that could be some beautiful political satire. 

I could see The Colbert Report pulling it off.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2014, 10:24:38 AM »
I've been Putin a lot today.  It's almost as awful as this situation.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:28:09 AM by bojanglesman »

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2014, 10:26:08 AM »
That's because....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

If you've ever read about it, you know HOW super fucked up it was. Lots of cases of cannibalism, parents were literally eating their children.

I have no idea why Stalin isn't considered universally as bad or worse than Hitler (at least in general public perception). Most people know Stalin was a mass murdering tyrant, but I feel like Hitler is just talked about way more than Stalin when it comes to "being evil". They're on the same level of genocide. Pol Pot also

When I saw Bill Burr live he did over an hour of all new material

This was a topic he went over. Of course he turned it into hilarity.

"why is it every time someone does something fucked up  they're like Hitler?

I bet Stalin is burning in hell thinking, how many did he kill? How is he in the Hall Of Fame? Here I am putting up crazy numbers nobody cares about.  If you think about it Stalin is the Satchel Paige of mass murder"

Something to that effect. I was the only person in the room who got the Paige reference. I screamed out dying laughing. I got to talk to him afterwards he's real real good people man
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:28:42 AM by Coach Brutananadilewski »

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2014, 10:30:21 AM »
Other topics includes adopting a children and how parents never truly treat their kids the same so he's adopt one from a sweatshop n order him around and a child soldier for home security.

Could never do that bit justice but I cried

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2014, 12:07:14 PM »
I've been Putin a lot today.  It's almost as awful as this situation.

Crimea river.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2014, 12:16:12 PM »
So, apparently Russia is threatening military action unless all Ukraine troops in Crimea surrender, and have mobilized troops in the land they control in Western Europe, near Poland.

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2014, 12:49:24 PM »

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2014, 01:00:23 PM »
So, apparently Russia is threatening military action unless all Ukraine troops in Crimea surrender, and have mobilized troops in the land they control in Western Europe, near Poland.

Can't you just smell the anxiety in Poland?

Prime Minister Donald Tusk: "History shows - although I don't want to use too many historical comparisons - that those who appease all the time in order to preserve peace usually only buy a little bit of time."

"I don't want to draw any conclusions, but how bout the rest of you?  Britain?  France, any conclusions?  No?  Nobody remembers a country getting FUCKED IN THE derriere when Europe tried to pacify a dictator?  Anyone?  Anybody remember an entire country getting FUCKED IN THE freaking derriere?"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2014, 01:17:32 PM »
I hope the newspapers print the following: Watch Putin flip his excrement.

Operation Barbarossa?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tags: