Author Topic: lolcowboys  (Read 58939 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: lolcowboys
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2014, 02:06:44 PM »
This team needs to get younger though

Ware is a great player, but he's going to be 32 when the season starts and he's coming back from surgery.

Oh I know, like Badger said,"but still"
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2014, 02:46:17 PM »
I guess it would be a consideration of definition.  My opinion is a restructuring is adding or subtracting money.  The contracts stay exactly the same accept for accounting purposes, and at what point the actual money changes hands.

Restructure of the funds, that's exactly what you did.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2014, 04:20:19 PM »
Restructure of the funds, that's exactly what you did.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Ok, fine.  I restructured.  However, it didn't change anything to the point of not being able to do it for someone that is too old.  The contract will still end when its suppose to, but they will take a hit in future years versus taking the hit this year.  Which is what is important. 

Edit:  Further to the point, the contract probably has a clause in it that says they can do it.  Thus making it not a restructure.  Not real sure why this is even being discussed.  I have a difference of opinion, but is really a moot point. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 04:23:48 PM by hawk »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2014, 08:22:11 AM »
They almost had to do this, but mismanagement of the cap put them in this position.  I think it's funny that they are still over the cap technically.

Rototurd:

The Cowboys have converted $12.5 million of Tony Romo's $13.5 million base salary into a signing bonus, clearing cap room in 2014.

Moves like this ensure future cap woes, but are needed by financially-strapped teams like Dallas simply to get under the 2014 cap. Romo's cap figure has now dropped from $21.773 million to $11.773 million. The Cowboys created $6.8 million on Monday by doing similar things with the contracts of CB Orlando Scandrick and MLB Sean Lee. They're now roughly $1 million over the cap.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2014, 09:22:00 AM »
they're just gonna continue the cycle of pushing it to the next year, and the next.....

Jerrah

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2014, 09:54:25 AM »
they're just gonna continue the cycle of pushing it to the next year, and the next.....

Jerrah

Well, at least it looks like the cap will keep on going up to match his tardedness.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2014, 09:16:35 AM »
PFT:

Cowboys owner and General Manager Jerry Jones has acknowledged that he almost drafted Johnny Manziel, and that he talked about it with his son Stephen at the moment the Cowboys were turning in their card. But a new book says it was a more dramatic scene than that.

According to author Jim Dent in the new book Manziel Mania, Stephen had to physically restrain Jerry from turning in a card with Manziel’s name on it, and if it hadn’t been for Steven stepping in, Manziel would be a Cowboy.

“Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones had snatched the Manziel card straight out of his dad’s hand. Otherwise, Jerry would have drafted him and JFF would have sat for at least three years behind Tony Romo,” Dent writes, via the Dallas Morning News.

If Jerry watched Manziel’s sub-par performance on Monday night, he may be thanking his son today.

Also, this unrelated image:

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2014, 10:14:48 AM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2014, 12:56:41 PM »
Is that guy autistic or freaking stupid?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2014, 01:00:58 PM »
Is that guy autistic or freaking stupid?

That's an insult to autists.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2014, 01:02:45 PM »
That's an insult to autists.

Very true my bad.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2014, 07:42:56 AM »

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet

Tags: