Author Topic: ESPN shill Rex Ryan  (Read 144994 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: ESPN shill Rex Ryan
« Reply #1515 on: October 16, 2023, 12:10:40 PM »
Rex could've had his pick of the litter for DC positions....this past offseason, and previous ones before that.

Absolutely no one who wants to win wants Rex Ryan as their coordinator.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1516 on: October 16, 2023, 02:01:48 PM »
Rex could've had his pick of the litter for DC positions....this past offseason, and previous ones before that.  He has gone on record saying he was only interested in HC gigs.

So if this rumor is true, it's a little eyebrow raising.
According to whom? Rex?

I dont think any of us know for sure. Rex is a big personality. Most coaches probably aren't comfortable with that. Payton would be

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1517 on: October 16, 2023, 02:13:28 PM »
According to whom? Rex?

I dont think any of us know for sure. Rex is a big personality. Most coaches probably aren't comfortable with that. Payton would be

According to the media. It's been discussed on NFLN in the past.  And no, i'm not looking for it...feel free to if you're inclined.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1518 on: October 16, 2023, 02:56:43 PM »
According to the media. It's been discussed on NFLN in the past.  And no, i'm not looking for it...feel free to if you're inclined.

Two questions:

1. What is the total memory capacity of our server?

2. How much of that do you plan on filling with your lies?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1519 on: October 16, 2023, 03:17:27 PM »

Two questions:

1. What is the total memory capacity of our server?

2. How much of that do you plan on filling with your lies?

1. Lots

2. It's time to face freak your lie detector
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1520 on: February 07, 2024, 09:27:36 AM »
JosinaAnderson
@JosinaAnderson
New: I'm told former #Jets and #Bills head coach Rex Ryan interviewed for the #Cowboys vacant defensive coordinator job, per sources.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1521 on: February 07, 2024, 09:28:25 AM »
JosinaAnderson
@JosinaAnderson
New: I'm told former #Jets and #Bills head coach Rex Ryan interviewed for the #Cowboys vacant defensive coordinator job, per sources.

He should take a college job
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1522 on: February 07, 2024, 09:49:44 AM »
#BringBackRex
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1523 on: February 07, 2024, 10:03:29 AM »
#BringBackRex

DC this year, HC for the Jets after the house clearing if Rodgers gets hurt again.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1524 on: February 07, 2024, 12:37:49 PM »
DC this year, HC for the Jets after the house clearing if Rodgers gets hurt again.

I don't think Rex has it as a HC, but he's an elite DC.

But like Badger says, we've been no better since he was fired. Apart from Fitzmagic, and even that failed in the end, we've been nowhere close to Rex's success.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1525 on: February 07, 2024, 12:40:32 PM »

Is he? The last time he got his hands on a defense he dismantled a really good front 4 in Buffalo and derailed Super Mario's career, all because of his obsession with running a 3-4. He did a great job here because the personnel he inherited were really well suited to what he wanted to do, but it got progressively worse as he had more influence over personnel. I'm not convinced of his versatility.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1526 on: February 07, 2024, 12:49:58 PM »
Is he? The last time he got his hands on a defense he dismantled a really good front 4 in Buffalo and derailed Super Mario's career, all because of his obsession with running a 3-4. He did a great job here because the personnel he inherited were really well suited to what he wanted to do, but it got progressively worse as he had more influence over personnel. I'm not convinced of his versatility.

Maybe? He also has his history before us to back him up. Again, as a HC he's had more failure. Maybe he needs someone to have to answer to. Not everyone is cut out to be the boss.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1527 on: February 07, 2024, 01:02:27 PM »

But like Badger says, we've been no better since he was fired. Apart from Fitzmagic, and even that failed in the end, we've been nowhere close to Rex's success.

To be fair, I was kidding.  He's our Kaepernick, people always dig him up but it isn't happening.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1528 on: February 07, 2024, 01:46:14 PM »
We got rid of Rex at the right time, we just didn't make any good HC decisions since.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1529 on: February 07, 2024, 09:51:30 PM »
Rex hasn't been a coach in 7 years. Hard to say if he's an elite DC anymore.