Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: China
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2021, 05:36:29 PM »
Extremely cool and good

https://www.thenation.com/article/world/innovation-competition-act/

I have to say that I think I have a fairly good handle on most of your political positions, and understand the logic behind even the ones I don't agree with, but I genuinely have no idea where you stand on the whole China thing that seems to be enervating so many politicians of late. (In fairness I don't have a clue where I stand on it either as I don't know nearly enough to have a sensible view.)
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2021, 03:39:45 AM »
I have to say that I think I have a fairly good handle on most of your political positions, and understand the logic behind even the ones I don't agree with, but I genuinely have no idea where you stand on the whole China thing that seems to be enervating so many politicians of late. (In fairness I don't have a clue where I stand on it either as I don't know nearly enough to have a sensible view.)

I'm in agreement that basically all of us don't know enough  to have a strong factual view how actually policy should try to deal with China.

But I imagine that anyone with a modicum of common sense must realize the more powerful and wealthy China becomes, human rights around the world will be that much worse.

While everyone in the United States is at full blown war with each other,China is actively making the entire world a much worse place to live in. It's hard if not impossible to imagine that the excrement that China does can exist in 2021. Especially in a major global country with over a billion freaking people, not like some village in a forest
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 03:44:55 AM by dcm1602 »

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2021, 12:47:11 PM »
My view: the Chinese government is horrific, but an amplification of military forces and subtle xenophobia helps them maintain power. IMO the best policy is to be a country that wealthy/educated Chinese people want to immigrate to, continue to export culture, and dominate the soft-power/sphere of influence battle around the world. And maintain good relationships with India/Korea/Japan/SE Asia.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2021, 02:51:43 PM »
My view: the Chinese government is horrific, but an amplification of military forces and subtle xenophobia helps them maintain power. IMO the best policy is to be a country that wealthy/educated Chinese people want to immigrate to, continue to export culture, and dominate the soft-power/sphere of influence battle around the world. And maintain good relationships with India/Korea/Japan/SE Asia.

We could just speed up global warming

They'll have a helluva harder time feeding their 2 billion people, and American fat fucks have plenty of bodily reserves

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2021, 03:23:10 PM »
We could just speed up global warming

They'll have a helluva harder time feeding their 2 billion people, and American fat fucks have plenty of bodily reserves
We might overheat with all our blubber though.  Hyperthermia would be the leading cause of death.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2021, 12:12:27 PM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2021, 08:17:28 AM »
https://twitter.com/sa_durban/status/1473303247079227398?s=21

That page is literally all ww2 esque Chinese propaganda.

It's worth pointing out how many articles there were the last year about how poorly the Chinese vaccines worked

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2021, 09:24:50 AM »

That page is literally all ww2 esque Chinese propaganda.

It's worth pointing out how many articles there were the last year about how poorly the Chinese vaccines worked

"freak that propaganda, this other propaganda I saw said x"

The Sinopharm vaccine efficacy is what it is but so is 2 billion doses where there would otherwise be none.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2021, 09:46:50 AM »

The Sinopharm vaccine efficacy is what it is but so is 2 billion doses where there would otherwise be none.

I'm inclined to agree. Rich Western countries stockpiling shots for citizens debating on Facebook which one they'd prefer, if any, while developing countries without the means to care for people who contract covid are crying out for any kind of protection, is to say the least distasteful. At least China is doing something. Canada dipping into Covax because the US and EU wouldn't send them shots was a particularly awkward one.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2021, 10:24:36 AM »

Difference is propaganda in the United States is primarily privatized (excluding the public school debate)

In China its one voice, and disagreement gets you in prison or killed.

Totally fair point about the vaccines though. If it was Chinese knockoff or nothing, I'd take the Chinese knockoff and be glad about it.

Of course with the profound lack of honesty in the Chinese government I would not be surprised if people who got those vaccine turn into teenage mutant ninja turtles or some excrement.

At least in the United States I could have faith in the process. In China dissent is handled differently
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 10:27:39 AM by dcm1602 »

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2022, 01:56:14 PM »
Tf Dey doin over dere
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2022, 01:57:55 PM »
Tf Dey doin over dere

civil unrest over mask mandates. 
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: