Author Topic: The Saga of Deshaun Watson  (Read 66965 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: The Saga of Deshaun Watson
« Reply #1080 on: June 28, 2022, 10:44:31 AM »
Some were OK giving up 3 to 4 firsts for him BEFORE any of the the allegations surfaced

Everyone just thought he was tired of playing in Houston

In reality he ran out of massage therapists in Texas who didn't know about his excrement, needed a new state to go and carry on randomly spaffing on unwilling women.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #1081 on: June 28, 2022, 12:45:50 PM »
In reality he ran out of massage therapists in Texas who didn't know about his excrement, needed a new state to go and carry on randomly spaffing on unwilling women.

TIL the word spaffing. Thank you.

It's not as fun as "skeet", but I always appreciate expanding my vocabulary.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1082 on: June 28, 2022, 01:52:58 PM »

I don’t see that happening without the Texans helping to cover it up.

I was in the group willing to give up our and Seattle’s first round picks before this excrement came out. So glad it never happened.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1083 on: June 28, 2022, 02:03:59 PM »

I was in the group willing to give up our and Seattle’s first round picks before this excrement came out. So glad it never happened.
Pretty much every move I ever wanted to make would have been or was bad.  I'm so glad I'm not the GM.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1084 on: June 28, 2022, 02:06:00 PM »

Count me amongst the people who believed he was a disgruntled dickhead who wanted out. I would have tossed them 3 1s over 2 years to get him as well. But given he’s actually one of the shittiest non murdering human beings alive I’m quite glad to say he is not a Jet.

Yes I am aware there are worse levels of crime between what he’s doing and murder, but it’s not many and I’m still plenty happy to say he’s not one of us
Need a new one for a new board...

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #1085 on: August 01, 2022, 06:32:54 AM »
Watson’s $ettled with three of his four remaining civil cases leading up to today’s expected ’will he or won’t he play’ decision.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnBarrESPN/status/1553962422687436800

edit: 6 games.   smh
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 07:54:18 AM by delavan »

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1086 on: August 01, 2022, 05:16:42 PM »
yeah something's off about all of this

nfl all about the bottom line / end product which entails having the 'best' players available on the field

nfl historically bad with and criticized for decisions like these dating back to ray rice

enlist a female judge to determine punishment, who releases a statement that makes zero sense when taking into account the punishment doled out vs the verbage she herself uses to describe watson's actions, ultimately defaulting to 'precedent' in terms of punishment for sexual misconduct lol. fvcking cop out

also describes watson's sexual harassment as 'non-violent', which is about as oxymoron as you can get and isn't an actual thing lmfaoo. i guess in her mind she can give watson some leeway as he wasn't trevor bauer-ing these masseuses

at the end of the day goodell works for the owners

nfl can say the decision was given by a female judge, and i highly doubt they appeal the decision as it would undercut the new system they are trying to implement RE punishment. they can say their hands are tied

reeks of fish smell all around

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1087 on: August 01, 2022, 07:06:20 PM »
If only they had punished Kraft and Irsay they “could” have dropped the hammer on Watson

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1088 on: August 01, 2022, 07:58:14 PM »
To be fair to Kraft, which obviously none of us want to be, his offense was at least a financial transaction willingly entered into by both parties. 24 counts of sexual assault is in a completely different league.

Irsay did some dumb things while in the grips of addiction, none of which were sexual assault. He actually received a bigger punishment than Watson - same number of games, plus a $500K fine.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1089 on: August 02, 2022, 06:46:40 AM »
^ Kraft: mid-70's widow paying for a handjob?  no charges.

Deshaun: fry him in oil

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1090 on: August 02, 2022, 03:13:24 PM »
Some were OK giving up 3 to 4 firsts for him BEFORE any of the the allegations surfaced

Everyone just thought he was tired of playing in Houston
This. And even when the accusations were initially made, it was possible to say it was some kind of sour grapes from Houston folks. Everything we had heard about Watson prior to this was that he was a model citizen and quarterback and leader, so you wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, especially since the timing was sketchy.

And given the Jets draft capital and need at quarterback, I stand by that it was something the Jets should have been interested in. We had the cap space and the extra draft capital where we could have afforded it, and Watson was a proven commodity as a quality player.

Once it became clear the accusations were legitimate, it became a no-brainer to take a QB at 2.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1091 on: August 02, 2022, 03:22:45 PM »
I'm not really sure what the NFL is supposed to do here. How long can you realistically suspend someone based purely on accusations and nothing actually proven? Obviously, Watson DESERVES more than 6 games based on what he likely did. He probably doesn't deserve to ever play again. But that's not really realistic for the NFL to hand down that kind of a ban on a whim.

Ideally, the teams wouldn't acquire these types of players, and that's how these players would get punished, but talent always outweighs baggage if you're talented enough.

Once the NFL tried to start policing off-field stuff with suspensions, they are going to look like hypocrites with suspension lengths. Alvin Kamara will be another example. It seems like he'll play this year without a punishment because that case is getting delayed. But you know if the video of his actions was ever leaked publicly, he would get an immediate suspension. There's no good way for the NFL to do this.

I blame the Browns far more than the NFL. The way that contract is structured is disgusting, and they could have made the decision not to acquire him.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1092 on: August 03, 2022, 03:26:33 PM »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1093 on: August 03, 2022, 06:41:42 PM »
I’m sure that the NFLPA will now sue the league over this and then it will enter arbitration and Watson will be playing week 2.

If that ends up happening and he gets tied up in court this year, if he gets suspended next year, he actually would lose tangible money, so in terms of a “financial Justice” that would be better.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1094 on: August 18, 2022, 10:59:54 AM »
NFL and Watson reach settlement. Suspended for 11 games and 5 mil dollar fine. Watson will be back for week 13 against the Texans.

as per @RapSheet
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: