Author Topic: The Saga of Deshaun Watson  (Read 67925 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: The Saga of Deshaun Watson
« Reply #1020 on: June 06, 2022, 12:40:37 PM »
It's literal prostitution my guy LMAO.

Hardin's an incredibly savvy and experienced attorney, I'm surprised he let this slip. Pretty sure he tried to backtrack but yeeeesh.

Yeah, I'm not sure that Hardin is doing the best job for his client right now.

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1533840183958945792?s=20&t=pmSe6GKO2W-5RZnCxDTb8Q
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1021 on: June 07, 2022, 04:04:03 PM »
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 04:06:40 PM by bojanglesman »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1022 on: June 07, 2022, 04:46:07 PM »
Ban him for life
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1023 on: June 07, 2022, 04:50:45 PM »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1024 on: June 07, 2022, 04:59:10 PM »
If I were Mayfield right now, I don't know whether I would be excited to likely have a starting job for this year, or excited to extend a giant middle finger to the Browns organization and demand a trade, even if I don't have much of a chance to start anywhere else.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1025 on: June 07, 2022, 05:00:39 PM »
If Watson's lawyer gets him out of this, they will build a Rusty Hardin statue in Cleveland
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 05:02:58 PM by bojanglesman »

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1026 on: June 07, 2022, 05:04:49 PM »
If Watson's lawyer gets him out of this, they will build a Rusty Hardon statue in Cleveland

Fyp

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1027 on: June 07, 2022, 05:12:41 PM »
Imagine trading three first round picks for this dude and guaranteeing him a quarter bill. 

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1028 on: June 07, 2022, 05:37:32 PM »
Imagine trading three first round picks for this dude and guaranteeing him a quarter bill.
I wonder if any of the guarantee can be voided with conduct violations. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1029 on: June 07, 2022, 05:38:39 PM »

They deliberately gave him a $1M salary in year 1 so that if he's suspended he doesn't lose anything (relatively speaking). So it seems unlikely.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1030 on: June 07, 2022, 06:07:17 PM »

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio believes the Browns could void Deshaun Watson's contract if he's suspended for conduct related to the latest allegations against him.

Florio said Watson's contract with Cleveland -- which made him the highest paid player in NFL history -- "exempts from the standard default/guarantee void language a suspension imposed by the league" in connection with the known sexual assault allegations known to the team at the time of the signing. On Monday, a 24th lawsuit was filed against Watson for sexual assault, the second lawsuit against Watson in a week. Florio said "if Watson eventually is suspended for the conduct alleged in the 24th lawsuit, the Browns possibly will be able to void his guarantees and move on from him, and possibly to recover a significant portion of his signing bonus." Such a dramatic turn of events, Florio added, is hardly guaranteed. Such a move would allow the Browns to move on from Watson without him ever taking a snap for the team. The organization's public image has been tarnished whether or not Watson takes the field for the Browns. We could see the team make quick amends with Baker Mayfield if Watson is lost for the season -- or longer.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1031 on: June 07, 2022, 06:12:46 PM »
Imagine trading three firsts for a player and then cutting him before he takes a snap. That might be the Brownsiest thing ever.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1032 on: June 07, 2022, 06:24:57 PM »
Imagine trading three firsts for a player and then cutting him before he takes a snap. That might be the Brownsiest thing ever.
Yeah, those 3 first rounders make it pretty likely they'll just deal with the suspension he gets and welcome his taint-tickling derriere back.  The only way I could see different is if it's bigger than just a 1 year suspension.  I doubt that it will be unless he becomes subject to a criminal case.  I'm not lawyer, so I'm out of my league there.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1033 on: June 08, 2022, 11:19:59 AM »

I wonder if the Browns can somehow get out of the trade by arguing that the Texans somehow withheld/covered up information.

This whole thing sounds completely unprecedented

And I know the Texans have used some of the picks already, but it's a messed up scenario

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1034 on: June 08, 2022, 11:27:01 AM »
I wonder if the Browns can somehow get out of the trade by arguing that the Texans somehow withheld/covered up information.

This whole thing sounds completely unprecedented

And I know the Texans have used some of the picks already, but it's a messed up scenario

They're not getting out of the trade, it's done and finished.

The suggestion is that the 24th case could enable the Browns to get out of the guarantees as only the first 23 were known at the time of the deal, and apparently 23 cases is no impediment to paying a rapist $230M to make football go brrr, but a 24th case is a step too far.

Tags: