Author Topic: The Saga of Deshaun Watson  (Read 67826 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: The Saga of Deshaun Watson
« Reply #960 on: March 20, 2022, 01:53:30 AM »
https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/03/19/cleveland-browns-never-live-down-deshaun-watson

I'm not dramatic like this

But the Browns were a team I could pull for, for the most part (though when Darnold Baker matched up I kinda hated them a bit) but now they're a bunch of cunts. I genuinely dislike that division as a whole. I suppose Vinci is a respectable team these days

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #961 on: March 20, 2022, 08:49:58 AM »
Apparently they want a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Mayfield. That sounds ambitious for a player coming off an injury, with a questionable attitude, one year on his deal and a very limited market.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #962 on: March 20, 2022, 09:07:42 AM »
Apparently they want a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Mayfield. That sounds ambitious for a player coming off an injury, with a questionable attitude, one year on his deal and a very limited market.
That's essentially what we got for Darnold. There was one extra deal on Darnold's contract, but Baker was also the clearly better quarterback.

His attitude is only questionable because there were rumors for weeks that his job was going to be replaced, which turned out to be completely accurate

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #963 on: March 20, 2022, 09:24:41 AM »

they'll get it too (maybe more), because it's sellers market right now for QBs.

Seattle, Indy, potentially Atlanta, NO, Carolina....one of these poor bastard teams will pay the iron price.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #964 on: March 20, 2022, 09:27:01 AM »
they'll get it too (maybe more), because it's sellers market right now for QBs.

Seattle, Indy, potentially Atlanta, NO, Carolina....one of these poor bastard teams will pay the iron price.

What viable starters are left on the FA/trade market?

Mayfield
Ryan
Garoppollo
Winston

Am I forgetting someone?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #965 on: March 20, 2022, 09:31:31 AM »
What viable starters are left on the FA/trade market?

Mayfield
Ryan
Garoppollo
Winston

Am I forgetting someone?

I think that's it....ryan the only one not coming off an injury.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #966 on: March 20, 2022, 09:44:03 AM »
I think that's it....ryan the only one not coming off an injury.

And also least likely to be available
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #967 on: March 20, 2022, 11:19:32 AM »
https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1505571715312672771

Not really sure what they're trying to say here. "We know he's probably guilty of some pretty awful behaviour, sufficiently so that we've hedged his salary structure to ensure that any punishment levied by the league is as minimal is possible, but he said nice things to us in meetings and he throw football good so please buy tickets."

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #968 on: March 20, 2022, 12:27:11 PM »
Call me cynical, but I'm pretty sure if most people were offered $230M guaranteed, they'd be willing to say or do whatever they needed to to secure that bag.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 07:08:04 PM by Andrew Ryan »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #969 on: March 20, 2022, 12:34:44 PM »
https://overthecap.com/player/deshaun-watson/5596/

No biggie, if the Browns aren't happy after this year, they can easily cut Watson for a meager $164 million dead cap hit and move on.

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #970 on: March 20, 2022, 02:20:55 PM »
https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1505571715312672771

Not really sure what they're trying to say here. "We know he's probably guilty of some pretty awful behaviour, sufficiently so that we've hedged his salary structure to ensure that any punishment levied by the league is as minimal is possible, but he said nice things to us in meetings and he throw football good so please buy tickets."

The gist I got was "hey, here's some lawyer-approved stuff for fans to eat up while Jimmy continues to excrement on fans and your city! Specifically, the sadsack Clevelanders who weren't bright enough to just become Ravens fans! We are filthy rich trash people and if you think Jimmy H. hasn't done worse than Watson, you probably also think a magic, Jesus-related rabbit is coming to give you chocolates in a few weeks.
freak this team and it's already-crap reputation, freak Baker Mayfield, and freak you loser fans. Watson szn bitches!!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #971 on: March 20, 2022, 04:09:13 PM »
Even if Watson somehow leads Cleveland to a Super Bowl win, it would be tainted.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #972 on: March 20, 2022, 06:14:34 PM »
https://overthecap.com/player/deshaun-watson/5596/

No biggie, if the Browns aren't happy after this year, they can easily cut Watson for a meager $164 million dead cap hit and move on.

How does something like that work if he doesn’t go to jail but becomes a pariah and Cleveland can’t put him in the field? If they have to extract themselves from that contract they will have to cut their entire roster just to get under the cap
Need a new one for a new board...

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #973 on: March 20, 2022, 06:19:52 PM »
How does something like that work if he doesn’t go to jail but becomes a pariah and Cleveland can’t put him in the field? If they have to extract themselves from that contract they will have to cut their entire roster just to get under the cap
It would be a tank so egregious that the league would probably install a draft lottery.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #974 on: March 20, 2022, 06:48:05 PM »
It would be a tank so egregious that the league would probably install a draft lottery.

Nah, it's Cleveland. They'd draft a QB with the #1 pick that would be on the scrapheap by year 3. If they were going to institute a draft lottery to stop Cleveland tanking for the #1 pick and then ruining another QB they'd have done that years ago.

Tags: