Author Topic: The Saga of Deshaun Watson  (Read 67804 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: The Saga of Deshaun Watson
« Reply #842 on: March 11, 2022, 03:46:46 PM »
No criminal charges to be brought. Trade market is on.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #843 on: March 11, 2022, 08:32:46 PM »
So the rumors are Seattle is the favorite to trade for him

Seems a little pecicular to get rid of Wilson then go trade for Watson at first.

But if you look at how the rest of the NFC west is built, it makes a lot of sense to get rid of a 34 year old QB for a 27 year old.

Especially with the Rams having a very small window, and the cardinals/49ers potentially having to make some significant changes when/if their QB's need new contacts
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 08:37:25 PM by dcm1602 »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #844 on: March 11, 2022, 08:33:52 PM »

Seems a little pecicular to get rid of Wilson then go trade for Watson
If they sign Watson, they aren't getting rid of Metcalf.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #845 on: March 11, 2022, 08:39:39 PM »
If they sign Watson, they aren't getting rid of Metcalf.

Maybe, maybe not.

Will Watson be suspended? If so for how long? Does Seattle want to diminish their window the next 2 years, to become a serious contender once the Stafford era is over?

Because even with Watson, I'm not convinced Seattle is even in one of the top 2 teams in their division. Hell they might even be the 4th best team

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #846 on: March 11, 2022, 08:44:36 PM »
(that said trading Metcalf doesn't make a ton of sense still, but I think the logic of maximize your window in 2 years makes sense, especially if Watson gets a substantial suspension)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #847 on: March 11, 2022, 08:58:03 PM »

Seems a little pecicular to get rid of Wilson then go trade for Watson at first.

But if you look at how the rest of the NFC west is built, it makes a lot of sense to get rid of a 34 year old QB for a 27 year old.

Especially with the Rams having a very small window, and the cardinals/49ers potentially having to make some significant changes when/if their QB's need new contacts

You know what would make getting Watson a lot easier? Having either pick 4 and 35 or picks 9 and 10. That’s the only shot they have to compete against 15,16,19 and Jalen Hurts
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #848 on: March 11, 2022, 09:11:08 PM »
You know what would make getting Watson a lot easier? Having either pick 4 and 35 or picks 9 and 10. That’s the only shot they have to compete against 15,16,19 and Jalen Hurts

Rumors are rumors

But the latest is Phillys interest has gone down and the Panthers up

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #849 on: March 11, 2022, 09:15:09 PM »
Rumors are rumors

But the latest is Phillys interest has gone down and the Panthers up

Well # 4 as the center piece of the deal is better than #6, which is better than #9.

Clearly DK and 9 for 4 is the key to getting Watson to Seattle.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #850 on: March 11, 2022, 09:38:18 PM »
Well # 4 as the center piece of the deal is better than #6, which is better than #9.

Clearly DK and 9 for 4 is the key to getting Watson to Seattle.

Number 4 is only better if there's a QB teams want to draft early this year.

If it's not, then maximum overall value and potentially future picks is the way to go.

Hell having Seattle's first round pick next year in the toughest division in football with Watson potentially missing a large chunk of the season and possibly being extremely rusty could easily turn into a top 10 maybe top 5 pick.

Plus Seattle could also offer up Denvers first next year.

If you need a QB and you don't see a guy you want this year, I'd rather stockpile picks for next years draft
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 09:41:44 PM by dcm1602 »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #851 on: March 12, 2022, 06:16:06 AM »
Number 4 is only better if there's a QB teams want to draft early this year.

If it's not, then maximum overall value and potentially future picks is the way to go.

Hell having Seattle's first round pick next year in the toughest division in football with Watson potentially missing a large chunk of the season and possibly being extremely rusty could easily turn into a top 10 maybe top 5 pick.

Plus Seattle could also offer up Denvers first next year.

If you need a QB and you don't see a guy you want this year, I'd rather stockpile picks for next years draft

You completely missed the point of what I was saying.

It’s a given any package for Watson will also include next years picks. The only team that could give up 3 1s right now in 2022 is Philly and as you said if I’m Houston I don’t want those picks because it can’t get me a QB

So we assume next years #1 is on the table as a guarantee to give Houston the best chance at a QB prospect next year.

If all deals are equal in future compensation and players etc, which deal is Houston taking? The one with pick 6 this year or the one with pick 9? The one with the higher pick. If Seattle (or Carolina for that matter) could get pick 4 from us and meet the rest of Houston’s demands then the team with pick 4 this year is who gets Watson. You can’t tell that guaranteeing Houston gets Thibs AND Hamilton at 3/4 isn’t very enticing for them.

I expect Watson goes for more than Wilson got. Which is why Seattle with 2 firsts next year is in the drivers seat. But Carolina is desperate. If they offer 5 firsts and a bunch of seconds, Seattle needs a trump card and a top 4 pick this year is better than Carolinas #6. That’s the pitch I’d be selling Seattle. Hell if they want Ashtyn Davis or Denzel Mims we can toss them on the pile as well

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #852 on: March 12, 2022, 09:14:57 AM »
What happens if Watson's camp leaks that he's only willing to waive his no-trade clause for one team? That team will then essentially be bidding against itself. I feel like people are underestimating the leverage that clause gives him. He's not going to want to go to a team that's just been gutted for resources. This was always assumed but the Texans essentially admitting that Watson will never play for them again hurt their negotiating power.

Just like with Wilson, who was reportedly only willing to waive his no-trade clause for the Broncos, my guess is that Watson is traded for less than people ultimately expect.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 04:59:16 PM by Andrew Ryan »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #853 on: March 13, 2022, 11:12:36 AM »
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
19m
The #Saints and #Panthers have made offers for #Texans QB Deshaun Watson and are likely to meet with him soon, sources tell me and @TomPelissero
. Other teams also are involved. Watson has a no-trade clause and wants to meet with teams before formally waiving it anywhere.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #854 on: March 13, 2022, 03:36:59 PM »
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
19m
The #Saints and #Panthers have made offers for #Texans QB Deshaun Watson and are likely to meet with him soon, sources tell me and @TomPelissero
. Other teams also are involved. Watson has a no-trade clause and wants to meet with teams before formally waiving it anywhere.

So he’s gonna fly around the country, be wined and dined. Decide the place he wants to go, and then hold the Texans over a barrel so they can either hold him for spite, or trade him for much less than he is worth because he refuses to play for anyone else.

Bloody brilliant contract work by those agents and GMs who agreed to that deal

Tags: