Author Topic: The Saga of Deshaun Watson  (Read 67986 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: The Saga of Deshaun Watson
« Reply #811 on: August 13, 2021, 06:55:40 PM »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #812 on: August 28, 2021, 02:47:08 PM »
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1431643694315278342?s=19

Take this with a grain of excrement, who knows.

No idea why in the world the Panthers would trade for him when they just forked over a decent amount for Darnold. 

It would be so awesome I'd the Dolphins traded a shitload for him and then the groping excrement hits the fan.

Edit- please do it Dolphins.

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1431685635702726658?s=19

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #813 on: August 28, 2021, 02:57:00 PM »
My biggest concern with Watson before all the sexual abuse allegations came out was with his longevity. The guy is a mobile quarterback who has already torn the ACL in both of his knees and has always invited an excessive amount of hits on his slender frame by holding the ball for too long behind porous offensive lines. As much as I like him as a player, this is why I'm not afraid of him being traded to the Dolphins, a team with a highly questionable offensive line and no means to fix it if they actually give up the amount of assets it would take to acquire him that's been bandied about. That's before you even take into consideration all the off-field issues.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #814 on: August 28, 2021, 03:16:02 PM »
I don't want him playing in our division, but if the Dolphins trade away 3 1sts and some seconds, I'm good with it.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #815 on: August 28, 2021, 05:43:29 PM »
I don't want him playing in our division, but if the Dolphins trade away 3 1sts and some seconds, I'm good with it.

With any presumed Watson trade being dependent on substantial compensation, you have to imagine there's a high probability it will be for picks over the next 3 drafts or so.

And with the uncertainty surrounding his legal situation, it's not unrealistic for both parties to push for conditional picks.

So I highly doubt we're going to see a team trade 3 1sts for a dude in prison. I'd wager you'd see something like a 1st round pick next year xwirh conditionals kicking in 2/3 years away. Giving plenty of time for the legal situation to be at least fairly close to resolved

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #816 on: September 12, 2021, 07:11:39 AM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #817 on: September 12, 2021, 07:27:37 AM »
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1436982063530393603?s=19

Lol good luck
I don't know what they end up doing, but they are fucked in regards to trading him.  I mean, there's always calling up Oakland for the fleece, but I doubt it.

The only thing they have going for them is that this legal crap won't be settled anytime soon.  Then again, if there's a chance he gets out of this and isn't banned from the league, maybe getting it over with faster is better.  They are going to have to eat a excrement sandwich and settle for something much lower.  Maybe a 1st, 2nd and a player.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #818 on: September 12, 2021, 08:15:33 AM »
Assuming that something comes of the police investigation etc. Can they retrograde go after Watsons contract monies

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #820 on: September 22, 2021, 04:02:09 PM »
https://twitter.com/michaeldavsmith/status/1440635910337425411?s=21

Eh, that's not entirely true. The Texans were lining him up at safety in camp because he turned up to fulfil his contractual duty ready to play, and they didn't want him playing at QB so they fucked with him.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #821 on: September 22, 2021, 05:14:50 PM »
Eh, that's not entirely true. The Texans were lining him up at safety in camp because he turned up to fulfil his contractual duty ready to play, and they didn't want him playing at QB so they fucked with him.

It's also super misleading

The Texans would have a difficult time suspending him.

And he's not playing because the team doesn't want to trot out a guy as the face of their franchise accused of raping 20 women or whatever the freak.

Also if he goes out and gets hurt, I'd imagine that completely changes everything in regards to the Texans trying to go after his contract money. It also hurts their value in regards to trading him if he gets hurt.

In other words the Texans risk way way more by playing him than not.

I suppose it's also possible that if he gets a suspension after the fact, they could potentially claim this was a suspension (thus salvaging any of his trade value). That's just me speculating

But regardless it seems like there's no good reason to play him. Unless they somehow think they're SB contenders
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 05:17:10 PM by dcm1602 »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #822 on: October 20, 2021, 03:38:35 PM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #823 on: October 20, 2021, 03:38:57 PM »
Only way this is fair is if he’s suspended a year for each sexual assault allegation

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #824 on: October 20, 2021, 04:31:26 PM »
Texans general manager Nick Caserio has been asking for three first-round picks, as well as two second-rounders, in exchange for Watson, according to McClain. It's unclear whether the Dolphins would actually meet that asking price, and it's also unclear if Miami is waiting to strike until the quarterback's legal situation is resolved. Facing 22 civil lawsuits, Watson has not been suspended by the NFL but remains under investigation with police also looking into allegations against the star signal-caller

Tags: