Author Topic: The Saga of Deshaun Watson  (Read 67802 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: The Saga of Deshaun Watson
« Reply #780 on: July 25, 2021, 11:29:44 AM »
Have been seeing quite a bit of Watson Xavien Howard rumors

Have to think a Texans dolphins trade is fairly unlikely but seemingly possible still

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #781 on: July 25, 2021, 02:49:41 PM »
Have been seeing quite a bit of Watson Xavien Howard rumors

Have to think a Texans dolphins trade is fairly unlikely but seemingly possible still

I’m sure it’s for more than Howard, but how on Earth is that remotely fair if that was a straight up trade
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #782 on: July 25, 2021, 04:36:14 PM »
I’m sure it’s for more than Howard, but how on Earth is that remotely fair if that was a straight up trade

Apologize if my wording insinuated otherwise, but it certainly wouldn't be a 1 for 1 trade nor did anything I've seen suggest such

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #783 on: July 26, 2021, 07:23:15 AM »
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
·
48m
The #Texans are now willing to listen — and have been for some time — to trade offers for star QB Deshaun Watson, multiple sources tell me and @RapSheet
. But the price is high for a player of his caliber, and should be. It’d likely take at least three first-round picks and more.

Those clowns in Houston should've traded him before the allegations surfaced.  Good luck trying to get 3 first rounders now.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #784 on: July 26, 2021, 07:29:12 AM »
No way they are getting that price for him.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #785 on: July 26, 2021, 07:31:56 AM »
That's why Zach hasn't signed yet.  We are signing Watson and then Douglas will force Zach to take a pay cut on his rookie deal. 

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #786 on: July 26, 2021, 07:33:57 AM »
You're on crack if you don't think the Texans are still getting at LEAST 3 1sts for him

Seattle gave up 2 1sts for an elite box safety

Watson is still going to be a bounty and then some.

Id say the absolute floor for him is going to be 2 1sts a 2nd Xavien Howard and Tua
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 07:35:37 AM by dcm1602 »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #787 on: July 26, 2021, 07:36:19 AM »
You're on crack if you don't think the Texans are still getting at LEAST 3 1sts for him

Seattle gave up 2 1sts for an elite box safety

Watson is still going to be a bounty and then some.

Id say the absolute floor for him is going to be 2 1sts a 2nd Xavien Howard and Tua

He's got 22 pending lawsuits hanging over his head.....

Also, apparently Watson's been available for awhile....nobody wants to touch him for 3 first round picks.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #788 on: July 26, 2021, 07:44:36 AM »
He's got 22 pending lawsuits hanging over his head.....

Also, apparently Watson's been available for awhile....nobody wants to touch him for 3 first round picks.

Watson being available wouldn't/didn't make sense when things were at a full frenzy

At this point its an old story, we haven't been given the impression he's looking at prison time, and again winning cures all.

The two front runners are the Dolphins and Eagles AFAIK and both teams would be pretty legitimate contenders with him.

Regardless we will have a much better idea real soon. But as of right now the impression I'm getting is there's a good probability of Watson playing most of this season. Which means he's very tradable

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #789 on: July 26, 2021, 07:55:02 AM »
Watson being available wouldn't/didn't make sense when things were at a full frenzy

At this point its an old story, we haven't been given the impression he's looking at prison time, and again winning cures all.

The two front runners are the Dolphins and Eagles AFAIK and both teams would be pretty legitimate contenders with him.

Regardless we will have a much better idea real soon. But as of right now the impression I'm getting is there's a good probability of Watson playing most of this season. Which means he's very tradable

didn't make sense?  He flat out asked for a trade.  Houston won't be able to maximize their return now because they were stubborn.

I don't know about prison time, but the NFL is surely going to suspend him.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #790 on: July 26, 2021, 08:05:37 AM »
didn't make sense?  He flat out asked for a trade.  Houston won't be able to maximize their return now because they were stubborn.

I don't know about prison time, but the NFL is surely going to suspend him.

It didn't make sense at the beginning of this whole mess when there was a tremendous amount of uncertainty around the whole thing

And of course, they'll get less for his value now then they would have before this whole mess.

And I agree he will get suspended. Will they get 5 1st rounders for him, absolutely not.

But look at trades in recent years with Jamal Adams and Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Even with Watson's image and uncertainty is he worth more than them?

If the Jets had not opted to draft Zach Wilson, would the people on this board be excited if today  we gave up 3 future 1st round picks for Watson?

Even if Watson is suspended for 10 games this season, as long as he doesn't end up in prison I think people would still consider that a steal.

Obviously were not in the market for him, but at the end of the day this guy is 25 and has the potential to be a peg below Mahomes

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #791 on: July 26, 2021, 08:59:18 AM »
The Texans being unable to move him this year is more likely at this point than getting 3 1sts for him.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #792 on: July 26, 2021, 10:11:13 AM »
I'm generally a believer in Hanlon's Razor, but in this case it seems like an awful lot of coincidence that favours the Texans.

- Owner brings in lunatic preacher and gives him stupid amounts of power
- Terrible football decisions ensue
- Star QB decides "freak this" and tells the world he wants out, team says they're not trading him
- Despite a 100% spotless record throughout his college and NFL career, within a couple of weeks of requesting a move suddenly a deluge of women, represented by a really sketchy lawyer, come out of the woodwork to accuse him of serious offences
- Trade talk immediately evaporates as no one knows what will happen with legal cases
- 31 teams complete their rosters through FA and the draft
- Watson reports to camp and lets it be known that he still wants out
- Suddenly now that no one can trade for him given the uncertain legal outcomes the Texans are open to calls
- "Hey Deshaun, we were willing to let you go somewhere else but turns out no one wants you, you can still play for us though"

It seems at this stage not a huge leap of logic to think that the Texans knew about the excrement that was going on with the masseuses and were keeping it under wraps, then used it to their advantage when they needed it and are continuing to do so.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #793 on: July 26, 2021, 10:25:37 AM »
I'm generally a believer in Hanlon's Razor, but in this case it seems like an awful lot of coincidence that favours the Texans.

- Owner brings in lunatic preacher and gives him stupid amounts of power
- Terrible football decisions ensue
- Star QB decides "freak this" and tells the world he wants out, team says they're not trading him
- Despite a 100% spotless record throughout his college and NFL career, within a couple of weeks of requesting a move suddenly a deluge of women, represented by a really sketchy lawyer, come out of the woodwork to accuse him of serious offences
- Trade talk immediately evaporates as no one knows what will happen with legal cases
- 31 teams complete their rosters through FA and the draft
- Watson reports to camp and lets it be known that he still wants out
- Suddenly now that no one can trade for him given the uncertain legal outcomes the Texans are open to calls
- "Hey Deshaun, we were willing to let you go somewhere else but turns out no one wants you, you can still play for us though"

It seems at this stage not a huge leap of logic to think that the Texans knew about the excrement that was going on with the masseuses and were keeping it under wraps, then used it to their advantage when they needed it and are continuing to do so.

While there's all kinda shady smoke

The biggest issue with this theory is they listed a 3 1st rounder asking price which is extremely reasonable even after all this.

If we didn't have ZW everyone on this board would trade Jamal Adams and a 1st for Watson no questions asked right now.

Watson's name and values are sullied, but not enoguh to make this theory of yours viable

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #794 on: July 26, 2021, 10:56:25 AM »
While there's all kinda shady smoke

The biggest issue with this theory is they listed a 3 1st rounder asking price which is extremely reasonable even after all this.

If we didn't have ZW everyone on this board would trade Jamal Adams and a 1st for Watson no questions asked right now.

Watson's name and values are sullied, but not enoguh to make this theory of yours viable

No one is giving up 3 first round picks for a player whose future availability is an unknown.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: