Author Topic: The Saga of Deshaun Watson  (Read 67827 times)

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
Re: The Saga of Deshaun Watson
« Reply #570 on: March 16, 2021, 04:20:29 PM »
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
·
1m
The #Texans are signing QB Tyrod Taylor to an incentive-laden contract, similar to what Cam Newton and Jameis Winston agreed to in recent days, per source. It can be worth up to $12.5 million, but the base value is less than half that. Solid backup money, and more if he plays.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #571 on: March 16, 2021, 04:21:39 PM »
bears signed andy dalton to a 1year deal, $10 million.

maybe one less team? but that also is one less team to bid on sam.
Yeah, I don't really think a 1-year incentive-laden contract for Andy Dalton is going to prevent Chicago from looking at other QBs if they think they have long-term potential

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #572 on: March 16, 2021, 04:23:12 PM »
It's not starter money. It's basically elite backup/shitty starter money, which is what Tyrod is.

Either way, it's a good sign that they brought in someone else who can competently play QB for when they trade Watson to us.

It's actually cheaper for them to let Watson sit out the season than it is to trade him, now they have a replacement for him it gives them somewhat more power over the situation. They can run the season with Taylor, see if they can right the ship and Culley can be vaguely competent, if so then Watson's job and contract is waiting for him to come back into the fold next year, if not then they can still trade him for a haul in a world in which the cap hit is far less damaging because the ceiling is $20M higher.

I wouldn't assume that this move is a sign that he's definitely getting traded.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #573 on: March 16, 2021, 04:33:09 PM »
It's actually cheaper for them to let Watson sit out the season than it is to trade him, now they have a replacement for him it gives them somewhat more power over the situation. They can run the season with Taylor, see if they can right the ship and Culley can be vaguely competent, if so then Watson's job and contract is waiting for him to come back into the fold next year, if not then they can still trade him for a haul in a world in which the cap hit is far less damaging because the ceiling is $20M higher.

I wouldn't assume that this move is a sign that he's definitely getting traded.
I agree, they need insurance regardless. But it's better than them NOT signing a quarterback.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #574 on: March 16, 2021, 07:26:07 PM »
BahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

TLDW: Watson now doesn't want to play in New York OR Miami. Also, general Michael Lombardi buffoonery.

https://twitter.com/RichEisenShow/status/1371943968787689478?s=19
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #575 on: March 16, 2021, 07:28:44 PM »
BahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

TLDW: Watson now doesn't want to play in New York OR Miami. Also, general Michael Lombardi buffoonery.

https://twitter.com/RichEisenShow/status/1371943968787689478?s=19

Fred Flinstone retard
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #576 on: March 16, 2021, 09:11:59 PM »
The Athletic's Michael Lombardi reports that there are rumors that Deshaun Watson doesn't want to play in New York or Miami.
Instead, Watson is rumored to want to play for the Broncos or 49ers, probably because they have more talent on their rosters. Of course, rumors are rumors. If true, Watson is lowering his odds of actually getting traded out of Houston because the Texans wouldn't be in a prime position to draft their next quarterback with Denver or San Francisco's draft picks. Even if Watson is open to being traded anywhere else, the Texans need to be willing to let him go. Thus far, the entire organization has been committed to Watson, going as far as letting trade offers go to their voicemail. There will be plenty of speculation over the next few weeks, but the reality is that a potential Watson deal likely wouldn't go through until just days or minutes before the 2021 NFL Draft.

Rotoworld summary
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #577 on: March 16, 2021, 10:32:45 PM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #578 on: March 16, 2021, 10:45:54 PM »
Had this thought before seeing the possible bombshell above -

We go into the season with Darnold and Watson refuses to play for the Texans. Darnold shits the bed and after 5-6 weeks our FO hits the panic button and trades 4 1sts to Houston who finally gives up Watson.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #579 on: March 16, 2021, 11:03:03 PM »
  getting stupider by the minute

https://twitter.com/isiahcareyFOX26/status/1372018415188250625

I'm calling bullshit, just because of how preposterously self-promoting the lawyer's post is.  I'M A MARINE!  MY DAD WAS A BUTCHER!  DOROTHY BUZBEE IS A SAINT!

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #580 on: March 17, 2021, 01:53:07 AM »
I definitely don't trust the lawyer.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #582 on: March 17, 2021, 05:38:43 AM »
https://twitter.com/deshaunwatson/status/1372029170486771712?s=19

No idea what the truth is, but Watsons statement seems a heck of a lot more trustworthy than the lawyers was
Need a new one for a new board...

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
A cross-dressing limey poofter