Author Topic: The Saga of Deshaun Watson  (Read 67941 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: The Saga of Deshaun Watson
« Reply #540 on: March 11, 2021, 01:12:23 PM »
I'm all fapped out.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #541 on: March 11, 2021, 01:16:59 PM »
Kimberley A. Martin
@ByKimberleyA
 · 5m
Q: You’ve said you’re committed to Deshaun Watson. Is Deshaun Watson committed to you guys?

David Culley: “Yes he is.”

Q: How do you know that?

Culley: “He’s a Houston Texan.”

I think we're at the point where Watson needs to say something publicly. 
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #542 on: March 11, 2021, 01:17:24 PM »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #543 on: March 11, 2021, 03:13:43 PM »
Prepare your anus for Watson to hit the market and the Jets not bid seriously.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #544 on: March 11, 2021, 03:21:02 PM »
Prepare your anus for Watson to hit the market and the Jets not bid seriously.

Then we'll just keep our picks and take Zach Wilson
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #545 on: March 11, 2021, 03:21:28 PM »

Prolly. 

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #546 on: March 13, 2021, 09:41:36 AM »
#CHOICECHOICECHOICE

Mar. 13, 10:30 a.m.

Speaking on FOX 46 in Charlotte, N.C., the Houston Chronicle's John McClain says his best bet is that Watson will end up with the Jets.

"He doesn't want to be here," McClain said. "So they should trade him to avoid an ugly situation in the regular season. I would say he'd go to the Jets for the second overall pick, and the Texans will take BYU quarterback Zach Wilson."

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #547 on: March 13, 2021, 09:42:50 AM »
#CHOICECHOICECHOICE

Speaking on FOX 46 in Charlotte, N.C., the Houston Chronicle's John McClain says his best bet is that Watson will end up with the Jets.

"He doesn't want to be here," McClain said. "So they should trade him to avoid an ugly situation in the regular season. I would say he'd go to the Jets for the second overall pick, and the Texans will take BYU quarterback Zach Wilson."

he's been saying this for weeks.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #548 on: March 13, 2021, 10:02:06 AM »
#CHOICECHOICECHOICE

I know McClain isn't outright saying all it would take is #2, but that would be the deal of the century for us if we could do exactly that.
Need a new one for a new board...

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #549 on: March 13, 2021, 10:34:36 AM »
I know McClain isn't outright saying all it would take is #2, but that would be the deal of the century for us if we could do exactly that.
They'd have to have a giant boner for Zach Wilson and the Jets would have to play the hardest of hardballs.  Even the Texans aren't that stupid.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #550 on: March 13, 2021, 11:49:09 AM »
They'd have to have a giant boner for Zach Wilson and the Jets would have to play the hardest of hardballs.  Even the Texans aren't that stupid.
They're currently very stupid

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #551 on: March 13, 2021, 12:01:15 PM »

I’d also add that we have the media blowing so much smoke up Wilson’s derriere right now that the Texans might (stress the night) be willing to accept less in a trade for Watson to secure Wilson.

For it to actually be for #2 only though the landscape would have to change tremendously. Watson would have to go scorched Earth and do worse than what Jamal did to get out of town. I don’t see that happening.

But if there really is as significant a gap between Wilson and Fields/Lance as I think there is, then we might be able to land Watson for #2, a 1 next year and a couple lower picks somewhere over the next 3 years, mostly likely a pair of 2s
Need a new one for a new board...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #552 on: March 14, 2021, 01:57:02 AM »
And that's our leverage.

The Texans see the writing on the wall. Watson doesn't want to play there. It's really hard to have a quarterback who really doesn't want to be there. That means they have to trade him, and then they'll need a new QB. To draft a QB, they would need a high pick. The Jets have the highest available pick.

The Texans can ask for all of our 1st-round picks. But nobody has the ability to give the #2 pick in this year's draft. Nobody else can deliver Zach Wilson if that's who they want. If they ask for too much, we can try to call their bluff.

If Zach Wilson reaches his upside, and he's just as good as Deshaun Watson, it would be better to build around Wilson on his rookie deal and keep extra 1st-rounders to build around him. You trade for Watson because he is a sure thing. But if the Texans want to ruin our ability to build around him, we can take Wilson and easily build around him.

If a team like the Panthers offers their 1st-round pick each of the next 3 years, is that a much better offer than the #2 pick by itself? The #8 pick, and two potential back-half of the 1st-round draft picks in the future? It's a better offer, but the Panthers' deal can't guarantee a QB for them. We can add one more 1st-round pick to the #2, whether it's this year or next year, and that offer is immediately better IMO.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #553 on: March 14, 2021, 07:13:00 AM »
And that's our leverage.

The Texans see the writing on the wall. Watson doesn't want to play there. It's really hard to have a quarterback who really doesn't want to be there. That means they have to trade him, and then they'll need a new QB. To draft a QB, they would need a high pick. The Jets have the highest available pick.

The Texans can ask for all of our 1st-round picks. But nobody has the ability to give the #2 pick in this year's draft. Nobody else can deliver Zach Wilson if that's who they want. If they ask for too much, we can try to call their bluff.

If Zach Wilson reaches his upside, and he's just as good as Deshaun Watson, it would be better to build around Wilson on his rookie deal and keep extra 1st-rounders to build around him. You trade for Watson because he is a sure thing. But if the Texans want to ruin our ability to build around him, we can take Wilson and easily build around him.

If a team like the Panthers offers their 1st-round pick each of the next 3 years, is that a much better offer than the #2 pick by itself? The #8 pick, and two potential back-half of the 1st-round draft picks in the future? It's a better offer, but the Panthers' deal can't guarantee a QB for them. We can add one more 1st-round pick to the #2, whether it's this year or next year, and that offer is immediately better IMO.
The other options for the Texans are to get their QB through free agency, a separate trade, or as part of the Watson trade deal with whichever team.  They don't necessarily have to shoot for the moon with a new QB.  Doesn't have to be the 2nd best QB in the draft. 

They could decide to take Tua as part of a trade with the Phins.  If he sucks, they will be near the top of the 2022 draft along with some extra picks from the Phins.  Or he might be their guy if he plays well.  The Texans know that rebuild isn't a 1 year thing.  2021 isn't gonna be pretty no matter what.

If I were them I'd just take the deal with the most value of picks and find a bridge QB for 2021.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 07:17:36 AM by bojanglesman »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #554 on: March 14, 2021, 07:44:15 AM »
The other options for the Texans are to get their QB through free agency, a separate trade, or as part of the Watson trade deal with whichever team.  They don't necessarily have to shoot for the moon with a new QB.  Doesn't have to be the 2nd best QB in the draft. 

They could decide to take Tua as part of a trade with the Phins.  If he sucks, they will be near the top of the 2022 draft along with some extra picks from the Phins.  Or he might be their guy if he plays well.  The Texans know that rebuild isn't a 1 year thing.  2021 isn't gonna be pretty no matter what.

If I were them I'd just take the deal with the most value of picks and find a bridge QB for 2021.
Their best option is a schmoke and a pancake.

Tags: