Author Topic: The Saga of Deshaun Watson  (Read 67863 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: The Saga of Deshaun Watson
« Reply #495 on: March 04, 2021, 08:33:46 AM »

If I'm Caserio...i'm looking at pkgs

Nice

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #496 on: March 04, 2021, 08:34:44 AM »
Having said all that....I don't think Joe Douglas will be interested. He sounds quite determined to build through the draft (which i'm a fan of). Unless of course, he's lying through his teeth.
I agree.  That's why I think he'll sniff around and if the Texans for some reason are desperate for that #2 pick and offer a steal of a deal.  Then he'll do it.  But he isn't giving up 4 1st rounders for anyone.  He isn't getting in a bidding war with anyone.  He's really got a winning hand either way.  You can trade with him or take the 3rd best QB.  I think in the next few weeks, the narrative will be that there is a big dropoff after Lawrence and Wilson.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 08:39:58 AM by bojanglesman »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #497 on: March 04, 2021, 08:36:55 AM »
If I'm Caserio...i'm looking at pkgs from the Jets and Phins.  They have the draft capital and young QBs to trade back.  In the Jets case (if Darnold isn't their cup of tea), that #2 pick is the crown jewel.

I guess Atlanta could decide to get in on the game.  Send Matt Ryan as part of the pkg. 

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #498 on: March 04, 2021, 08:39:01 AM »
Having said all that....I don't think Joe Douglas will be interested. He sounds quite determined to build through the draft (which i'm a fan of). Unless of course, he's lying through his teeth.

Well this also depends on what we can get for Darnold and how much Houston fancies number 2

JD has made it clear he keeps an open kind to everything

If we can get a 1st for Darnold, that 1st #2, Williams, and say we had to throw in a 2nd to sweeten the pot or something.

That makes this team competitive and still gives him all the flexibility to build throw the draft

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #499 on: March 04, 2021, 08:41:50 AM »
Well this also depends on what we can get for Darnold and how much Houston fancies number 2

JD has made it clear he keeps an open kind to everything

If we can get a 1st for Darnold, that 1st #2, Williams, and say we had to throw in a 2nd to sweeten the pot or something.

That makes this team competitive and still gives him all the flexibility to build throw the draft

I can't imagine we could get a straight up 1st rounder for Darnold.  I don't see it without having to give back something.

Please don't give up Q unless it's the only way.

The Texans have a huge decision to make.  Neither is risk-free.  Glad I'm not Caserio.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #500 on: March 04, 2021, 08:46:18 AM »
I can't imagine we could get a straight up 1st rounder for Darnold.  I don't see it without having to give back something.

Please don't give up Q unless it's the only way.

The Texans have a huge decision to make.  Neither is risk-free.  Glad I'm not Caserio.

Well whatever we get for Darnold is a moot point as if that basically goes directly to Houston the compensation is irrelevant

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #501 on: March 04, 2021, 08:47:42 AM »
Caserio was director of player personnel when new England got Jimmy G, and you know how nepotism works on this league.

And Seattle has other assets and future picks. Weren't people on this board bitching when I said us trading for Russell Wilson is retarded? If the Jets should want him, so should Houston

Sure the Dak thing would be a pain in the derriere for Houston, but they are more than capable of discussing it before agreeing to a trade. On the flip side it gets them a young talented QB. And you could probably get Dallas to throw in some nice assets as well (accounting for Watson being better, and the Texans having to eat some salary cap to make it work)

lol Jimmy G

Russell Wilson is a downgrade from Watson.  The Jets should want Russell because he's a upgrade to what we currently have. See how that works?  And no, Seattle's draft cupboard is empty for the next 2 drafts.

Dak is also a downgrade from Watson. 

the reason i'd said the Jets or Phins because they give the texans the best shot to reset at the QB position (contract wise included) for a rebuild...in addition to adding significant draft capital. They make more sense than the teams you mentioned.

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #502 on: March 04, 2021, 08:50:39 AM »
Well whatever we get for Darnold is a moot point as if that basically goes directly to Houston the compensation is irrelevant

It isn't set in stone that whatever we get for Darnold goes to the Texans.  Even if it does, the more you get for him, the less you have to give otherwise to the Texans.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #503 on: March 04, 2021, 08:51:41 AM »
I agree.  That's why I think he'll sniff around and if the Texans for some reason are desperate for that #2 pick and offer a steal of a deal.  Then he'll do it.  But he isn't giving up 4 1st rounders for anyone.  He isn't getting in a bidding war with anyone.  He's really got a winning hand either way.  You can trade with him or take the 3rd best QB.  I think in the next few weeks, the narrative will be that there is a big dropoff after Lawrence and Wilson.

Now...if you can land us some Arbys, we'll 100% be on the same page.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #504 on: March 04, 2021, 08:53:36 AM »
lol Jimmy G

Russell Wilson is a downgrade from Watson.  The Jets should want Russell because he's a upgrade to what we currently have. See how that works?  And no, Seattle's draft cupboard is empty for the next 2 drafts.

Dak is also a downgrade from Watson. 

the reason i'd said the Jets or Phins because they give the texans the best shot to reset at the QB position (contract wise included) for a rebuild...in addition to adding significant draft capital. They make more sense than the teams you mentioned.

Gase planned it all along for us to end up at 2 so we could get Watson.  Praise be Gase.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #505 on: March 04, 2021, 08:54:13 AM »
Gase planned it all along for us to end up at 2 so we could get Watson.  Praise be Gase.

GaseLaserEyesCaserioInTheNuts.bat

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #506 on: March 04, 2021, 08:55:20 AM »
GaseLaserEyesCaserioInTheNuts.bat

Dang, MB with the Gase script.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #507 on: March 04, 2021, 08:56:44 AM »
Dang, MB with the Gase script.

same code i used to burn Albania to the ground after they hacked YDKF.  #codeReuse #AlioTaughtMe

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #509 on: March 07, 2021, 12:32:44 PM »
Don't do this to me.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Tags: