Author Topic: The Saga of Deshaun Watson  (Read 67794 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: The Saga of Deshaun Watson
« Reply #480 on: March 04, 2021, 07:14:11 AM »
Not sure how no other teams could be willing to give up as much as Chicago

You trade with Chicago and youre fucked when it comes to QB

Even if they offered their two best players and threw in Tribusiky or Foles, I just don't see what Chicago can offer

Unless it's like their 1st round picks for the next 5 years or something ridiculous

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #481 on: March 04, 2021, 07:16:01 AM »

Unless it's like their 1st round picks for the next 5 years or something ridiculous

This is what I would be concerned about.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #482 on: March 04, 2021, 07:27:44 AM »
Not sure how no other teams could be willing to give up as much as Chicago

You trade with Chicago and youre fucked when it comes to QB

Even if they offered their two best players and threw in Tribusiky or Foles, I just don't see what Chicago can offer

Can only trade picks three years in advance in the NFL.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #483 on: March 04, 2021, 07:28:59 AM »
I didn't know that.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #484 on: March 04, 2021, 07:34:11 AM »
I think Douglas will let the Texans come to him regarding Watson if they decide to trade him.  Douglas can sit where he is and take Wilson.  We have the golden ticket (well silver) when it comes to drafting a QB not named Lawrence.  The only way we aren't in the driver's seat is if the Texans are fine taking a QB beyond #2 overall.  No need to negotiate with yourself.  I think Douglas isn't going to go all in on Watson because he's legitimately happy to draft a QB at 2.  It all comes down to how bad the Texans want the best QB not named Lawrence.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #485 on: March 04, 2021, 07:55:34 AM »
lolBears
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #486 on: March 04, 2021, 07:56:17 AM »
Apparently that report is mostly bullshit taken from Darlington speculation 2 days ago

https://twitter.com/HashTagWhiteSox/status/1366510019836059654

I dont see how the Bears outbid the Jets simply because of the #2 pick vs #20 pick. They'd have to put together an offer of 5 firsts plus players to beat a reasonable offer from the Jets.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #487 on: March 04, 2021, 07:58:48 AM »
The Texans are going to want a quick fix at their QB position.  That basically eliminates every team except the Phins and Jets.

The Bears can go kick rocks, they have nothing to offer that can come close.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #488 on: March 04, 2021, 08:00:16 AM »

I have no freaking idea what kind of massive deal Chicago could offer then

The entirety of their next 3 drafts?

I imagine that #2 and a second is worth more than all 3 of Chicago's 1st rounders over the 3 drafts

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #489 on: March 04, 2021, 08:04:51 AM »
The Texans are going to want a quick fix at their QB position.  That basically eliminates every team except the Phins and Jets.

Seattle, Dallas, probably San Francisco could certainly be considered viable options.

All have been rumored to be looking to make moves at QB and have short-term solutions that could appeal to Houston.

Obviously other teams could jump in, but I'd wager these are the most attractive

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #490 on: March 04, 2021, 08:09:06 AM »

The only thing I could see is if the Texans trade for or sign a veteran QB as their starter and trade Watson for a haul to rebuild from the ground up.  I don't see it happening without them settling for a Trubisky type of player.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #491 on: March 04, 2021, 08:18:41 AM »
Seattle, Dallas, probably San Francisco could certainly be considered viable options.

All have been rumored to be looking to make moves at QB and have short-term solutions that could appeal to Houston.

Obviously other teams could jump in, but I'd wager these are the most attractive

SF doesn't offer anything in regards to a QB.  Garappolo stinks.

I'm not sure Dak Prescott's contract stalemate would appeal to the Texans. Considering they just handed out a monster deal to Watson.  For a guy who stares at the salary cap 24/7, i thought you would know this already.

Seattle has no first round picks. They would have to give up significantly more than Russell Wilson for Watson. Considering he's 7 years older.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #492 on: March 04, 2021, 08:21:20 AM »
The only thing I could see is if the Texans trade for or sign a veteran QB as their starter and trade Watson for a haul to rebuild from the ground up.  I don't see it happening without them settling for a Trubisky type of player.

If I'm Caserio...i'm looking at pkgs from the Jets and Phins.  They have the draft capital and young QBs to trade back.  In the Jets case (if Darnold isn't their cup of tea), that #2 pick is the crown jewel.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #493 on: March 04, 2021, 08:22:48 AM »
Having said all that....I don't think Joe Douglas will be interested. He sounds quite determined to build through the draft (which i'm a fan of). Unless of course, he's lying through his teeth.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #494 on: March 04, 2021, 08:30:42 AM »
SF doesn't offer anything in regards to a QB.  Garappolo stinks.

I'm not sure Dak Prescott's contract stalemate would appeal to the Texans. Considering they just handed out a monster deal to Watson.  For a guy who stares at the salary cap 24/7, i thought you would know this already.

Seattle has no first round picks. They would have to give up significantly more than Russell Wilson for Watson. Considering he's 7 years older.

Caserio was director of player personnel when new England got Jimmy G, and you know how nepotism works on this league.

And Seattle has other assets and future picks. Weren't people on this board bitching when I said us trading for Russell Wilson is retarded? If the Jets should want him, so should Houston

Sure the Dak thing would be a pain in the derriere for Houston, but they are more than capable of discussing it before agreeing to a trade. On the flip side it gets them a young talented QB. And you could probably get Dallas to throw in some nice assets as well (accounting for Watson being better, and the Texans having to eat some salary cap to make it work)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 08:33:42 AM by dcm1602 »

Tags: