Author Topic: The Saga of Deshaun Watson  (Read 67836 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: The Saga of Deshaun Watson
« Reply #465 on: March 01, 2021, 01:09:11 PM »
I'm confident Watson won't change his mind.  They've let go of coaches he was comfortable with,  they've moved on from some of their core players (Nuk, Watt, Fuller won't be tagged), the recent front office gymnastics...etc etc.  He's done there. 

Houston "digging in" on a player that wants to leave is retarded.  Get the best deal you can asap.

I agree with all of this, but it misses the point of my post. You're still applying a logic scale to what may be to some degree a faith-based decision.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #466 on: March 01, 2021, 02:09:38 PM »
I guess it depends whether you believe that you can change his mind, or that you have the ability to outlast him.

Everyone is currently trying to apply logic to predict what the Texans will do, but they have already demonstrated that they are running their franchise based in part upon a 2000 year old story about a sky fairy. Logic and faith are often not natural bedfellows; in fact scripture teaches that the adherence to doing what you believe to be right in the face of apparently insurmountable odds is the path to heaven.

I think that this whole business with Easterby is increasingly becoming an unprecedented (to my knowledge) situation. I don't really know what they're going to do, but I suspect it won't be the thing that we would do.
True

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #467 on: March 01, 2021, 02:16:59 PM »
What if Watson publicly converted to Satanism?

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #468 on: March 01, 2021, 02:33:57 PM »
What if Watson publicly converted to Satanism?

TRADE THE NEXT THREE DRAFTS FOR HIM!!!
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #469 on: March 02, 2021, 07:41:51 AM »
http://playlikeajet.com/2021/03/nfl-networks-daniel-jeremiah-outlines-his-ideal-draft-strategy-for-jets

Appearing on the Rich Eisen show Monday (full video above), NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah described what he believes the Jets best strategy would be heading into the draft in April:

-Keep calling the Texans about a potential Deshaun Watson deal and do everything possible to land the pro bowl QB if Houston makes him available.

-Spend the next month evaluating everything about the QB prospects to figure out which one makes the most sense for the Jets both on and off the field. This includes pro days, Zoom interviews, etc…. then compare the top choice to Sam Darnold and determine who they feel gives them a better chance going forward.

-Barring a deal for Watson, select BYU QB Zach Wilson, who he says is the best fit for what they are looking to do.

-Instead of looking to deal Darnold for picks, try to use him to move up from #34 into the top 10 with a QB needy team like Carolina or Denver. Use that top ten pick on a OL and #23 on an offensive skill player to give the QB selected at #2 overall the best chance for success.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 07:43:54 AM by bojanglesman »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #470 on: March 02, 2021, 08:45:07 AM »
Darnold and 34 for a top 10 pick?

excrement I'm freaking in

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #471 on: March 02, 2021, 09:04:09 AM »

I will say, it might be better having an extra pick in the 2nd or upper 1st than one less pick that is higher.  More bodies gives you more chances at striking gold.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #472 on: March 02, 2021, 09:35:05 AM »
I will say, it might be better having an extra pick in the 2nd or upper 1st than one less pick that is higher.  More bodies gives you more chances at striking gold.

the 2nd round is our kryptonite
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #473 on: March 02, 2021, 09:46:15 AM »
the 2nd round is our kryptonite

Joe Douglas might know what he's doing...

Denzel Mims seems like a good pick.

We didn't have a second rounder in 2018 or 2019 because of the Sam Darnold trade. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #474 on: March 02, 2021, 09:47:00 AM »
Joe Douglas might know what he's doing...

Denzel Mims seems like a good pick.

We didn't have a second rounder in 2018 or 2019 because of the Sam Darnold trade. 

I know...and i'm a believer.  This was a knee-jerk reaction due to being scarred from past drafts.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #475 on: March 02, 2021, 12:18:02 PM »
Regardless, the #2 pick gives us a ton of appealing options. If Wilson turns into a top-5 or top-10 quarterback, the ability to get him, and have another three 1sts in the next 2 years, plus an extra pick for Darnold, allows us to rebuild around him relatively quickly. If we trade all the picks for Watson, we have a top-5 quarterback, no questions asked, and we likely haven't mortgaged our future either.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #476 on: March 03, 2021, 05:49:23 AM »

I can’t imagine that’s enough to get into the top 0, but if it is that’s a big win for us. BUT I’d flip DJs script of OL there and playmaker at 23. I’d take one of the big 3 weapons in the top 10 and then at 23 target an interior OL, CB or a trade back. It seems the IOL are falling backwards a bit so we could move down to grab one and recoup some picks. But I still wouldn’t be upset in the slightest to grab Wyatt Davis at 23.
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #477 on: March 03, 2021, 10:55:44 AM »
I can’t imagine that’s enough to get into the top 0, but if it is that’s a big win for us. BUT I’d flip DJs script of OL there and playmaker at 23. I’d take one of the big 3 weapons in the top 10 and then at 23 target an interior OL, CB or a trade back. It seems the IOL are falling backwards a bit so we could move down to grab one and recoup some picks. But I still wouldn’t be upset in the slightest to grab Wyatt Davis at 23.

I suppose it depends on how much of a run on QB's there is early

Especially if Miami ends up trading their pick to a team outside the top 10

If 5 QB's go in the top 8 I don't think it's unfathomable that someone could get desperate with Darnold.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 10:57:22 AM by dcm1602 »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #479 on: March 04, 2021, 06:54:31 AM »
What could be their massive offer?

Obviously a 1/2/3 this year and probably a 1/2 next and a 1 the year after. But they’d need to include some players as well.

Quick check of OTC
Khalil Mack has a dead cap of 11.8 million if moved this year
Robert Quinn had a dead cap of 9.2 million

I’d say the most likely players to be included would be
Kyle fuller and Roquan smith
Need a new one for a new board...

Tags: