Author Topic: The Saga of Deshaun Watson  (Read 67759 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: The Saga of Deshaun Watson
« Reply #450 on: February 26, 2021, 03:15:48 PM »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #451 on: February 26, 2021, 03:22:47 PM »
Is he any good?

62 of 64 possible starts is pretty impressive.  Sounds like he's a pretty average player. 

Never the best idea to create holes just for the sake of change, but that appears to be Easterby/Caserio's strategy so far...
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #452 on: February 26, 2021, 04:06:05 PM »
Who is the best player below Watson that they can alienate and ship out next?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #453 on: February 26, 2021, 04:09:03 PM »

Laremy Tunsil
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #454 on: February 26, 2021, 04:13:51 PM »
Honey badger... wait
Deandre hopkins... wait
Jj watt... wait
Will fuller... wait

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #455 on: February 26, 2021, 04:49:52 PM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #458 on: February 26, 2021, 10:20:25 PM »
I now agree with Bart Scott

theyre literally severing anyone whos of service or functional relationship to Watson as the QB of that team, and the face of the franchise.

even if hes not a Jet, i just dont want him in our division. I do want to see him get out just because this is the most bizarre and shitty ownership and management ive seen in a while.

and were Jets fans, so that should speak volumes .

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #459 on: February 27, 2021, 07:49:47 AM »
https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1365395734053466113?s=10

More importantly there's a fairly good chance that covid restrictions are still in place, and the opt out for players.

That woukd be a serious weapon for Watson. He can sit out "legally". And there's been talk that if the NFL doesn't offer opt outs Watson could potentially make a legal argument that he should be able to

In otherwords this could get ugly and he's got some legit leverage

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #460 on: March 01, 2021, 12:13:52 PM »
John McClain from the Houston Chronicle was just on NFL Now basically saying Caserio would be out of his mind if he let's this drag on with Watson.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #461 on: March 01, 2021, 12:53:03 PM »
John McClain from the Houston Chronicle was just on NFL Now basically saying Caserio would be out of his mind if he let's this drag on with Watson.
There's a difference between "I'm not happy and will hold out", and "I refuse to play for you no matter what".  If you know for a fact he won't play, what advantage is it to let him collect dust for a year? 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #462 on: March 01, 2021, 12:56:51 PM »
There's a difference between "I'm not happy and will hold out", and "I refuse to play for you no matter what".  If you know for a fact he won't play, what advantage is it to let him collect dust for a year? 

Once Watson starts to throw gas on the fire publicly, Houston will have no choice.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #463 on: March 01, 2021, 01:01:37 PM »

I guess it depends whether you believe that you can change his mind, or that you have the ability to outlast him.

Everyone is currently trying to apply logic to predict what the Texans will do, but they have already demonstrated that they are running their franchise based in part upon a 2000 year old story about a sky fairy. Logic and faith are often not natural bedfellows; in fact scripture teaches that the adherence to doing what you believe to be right in the face of apparently insurmountable odds is the path to heaven.

I think that this whole business with Easterby is increasingly becoming an unprecedented (to my knowledge) situation. I don't really know what they're going to do, but I suspect it won't be the thing that we would do.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #464 on: March 01, 2021, 01:06:25 PM »
I guess it depends whether you believe that you can change his mind, or that you have the ability to outlast him.

Everyone is currently trying to apply logic to predict what the Texans will do, but they have already demonstrated that they are running their franchise based in part upon a 2000 year old story about a sky fairy. Logic and faith are often not natural bedfellows; in fact scripture teaches that the adherence to doing what you believe to be right in the face of apparently insurmountable odds is the path to heaven.

I think that this whole business with Easterby is increasingly becoming an unprecedented (to my knowledge) situation. I don't really know what they're going to do, but I suspect it won't be the thing that we would do.

I'm confident Watson won't change his mind.  They've let go of coaches he was comfortable with,  they've moved on from some of their core players (Nuk, Watt, Fuller won't be tagged), the recent front office gymnastics...etc etc.  He's done there. 

Houston "digging in" on a player that wants to leave is retarded.  Get the best deal you can asap.

Tags: