Author Topic: The Saga of Deshaun Watson  (Read 67985 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: The Saga of Deshaun Watson
« Reply #420 on: February 25, 2021, 02:27:59 PM »
I don't think they do. I can see them digging their heels in for the season and making him choose to sit out.

A smart GM would cut his losses, get the best pkg you can in a trade, and draft a QB in THIS draft. Next year's draft isn't as good at the QB position.

If the Texans let this drag out into the summer, they're only hurting themselves.  Watson will make back whatever he loses by sitting out, while the Texans fracture their franchise and fanbase.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #421 on: February 25, 2021, 02:28:46 PM »
A smart GM would

Let me stop you right there.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #422 on: February 25, 2021, 02:30:35 PM »
A smart GM would cut his losses, get the best pkg you can in a trade, and draft a QB in THIS draft. Next year's draft isn't as good at the QB position.

If the Texans let this drag out into the summer, they're only hurting themselves.  Watson will make back whatever he loses by sitting out, while the Texans fracture their franchise and fanbase.
"Texans give Watson contract extension to 2030 with a massive bonus"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #423 on: February 25, 2021, 02:36:47 PM »
I don't think they do. I can see them digging their heels in for the season and making him choose to sit out.

This is a team with absolutely no draft capital and average flexibility with cap space. 

Pending free agents (especially receivers) are going to stay away.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #424 on: February 25, 2021, 02:38:05 PM »
Let me stop you right there.

I'm aware that isn't what we're dealing with.  I'm just saying what he "should" be doing.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #425 on: February 25, 2021, 02:39:39 PM »
Houston needs to trade him to the highest bidder and then expect to be the worst team in the NFL in 2021.  Start the rebuild now, not next year. 

That team is going to be an even bigger dumpster fire if they just hold Watson hostage. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #426 on: February 25, 2021, 02:42:23 PM »
This is a team with absolutely no draft capital and average flexibility with cap space. 

Pending free agents (especially receivers) are going to stay away.

The problem is that you're attempting to use logic and facts to predict what complete lunatics will do. Caserio will do what McNair tells him to, which is whatever Easterby has told McNair he should do.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #427 on: February 25, 2021, 02:46:57 PM »
but you said your farts cured cancer

Only in the same way that death cures cancer.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #428 on: February 25, 2021, 02:51:19 PM »
I don't understand the point of holding Watson against his will, if he truly doesn't want to play for you just go out and get an awesome trade package (obviously they're incentivized to pretend they still want him, but still).

Easterby and Caseiro were both together in NE, so it could easily be Easterby running the show, and he seems like he easily could be vainglorious enough to just sit on his hands because Watson isn't a good enough loyal Christian for wanting to leave or whatever. But I think even the people who take those positions eventually realize they need to cut their losses; if that's the case, hopefully that occurs to Easterby by the draft where they barely have any picks.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #429 on: February 25, 2021, 03:09:17 PM »
I don't understand the point of holding Watson against his will, if he truly doesn't want to play for you just go out and get an awesome trade package (obviously they're incentivized to pretend they still want him, but still).

Easterby and Caseiro were both together in NE, so it could easily be Easterby running the show, and he seems like he easily could be vainglorious enough to just sit on his hands because Watson isn't a good enough loyal Christian for wanting to leave or whatever. But I think even the people who take those positions eventually realize they need to cut their losses; if that's the case, hopefully that occurs to Easterby by the draft where they barely have any picks.

I can sort of understand not wanting to cave so other players don't get the same idea.  But there comes a point where you have to think of what the situation is now, not what it was.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #430 on: February 25, 2021, 03:12:31 PM »
Nick Caserio:  The Adam Gase of GMs.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #431 on: February 25, 2021, 03:20:40 PM »
The problem is that you're attempting to use logic and facts to predict what complete lunatics will do. Caserio will do what McNair tells him to, which is whatever Easterby has told McNair he should do.

i'm with JE here. we all know what logic dictates in a situation like this.

that situation is a shitshow and they are not operating under logical terms. the fact that there was a whole media shitstorm that made them look horrible and that this is potentially a 25 year old franchise QB theyre giving up adds another layer onto it.

they're not going to give up on their young franchise QB this quickly in such a short period of time, and in their minds watson not forcing a trade out would be saving some face for themselves, as dumb as that thinking is. it's less about what watson may want or what would be best for the franchise's longterm future, and more about what they think about how they think they're perceived, how they feel about themselves, and how they think about themselves. they've been an utter joke and embarrassment to this point, and trading away 25 year old franchise watson now, even if it's the best and smartest thing to do, would be the ultimate embarrassment, and they dont want that lmao.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #432 on: February 25, 2021, 03:23:18 PM »
i'm with JE here. we all know what logic dictates in a situation like this.

that situation is a shitshow and they are not operating under logical terms. the fact that there was a whole media shitstorm that made them look horrible and that this is potentially a 25 year old franchise QB theyre giving up adds another layer onto it.

they're not going to give up on their young franchise QB this quickly in such a short period of time, and in their minds watson not forcing a trade out would be saving some face for themselves, as dumb as that thinking is. it's less about what watson may want or what would be best for the franchise's longterm future, and more about what they think about how they think they're perceived, how they feel about themselves, and how they think about themselves. they've been an utter joke and embarrassment to this point, and trading away 25 year old franchise watson now, even if it's the best and smartest thing to do, would be the ultimate embarrassment, and they dont want that lmao.

Bottom line:  if Houston wants to play the long game, they're gonna lose.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #433 on: February 25, 2021, 03:24:53 PM »
Bottom line:  if Houston wants to play the long game, they're gonna lose.

They've already lost. Now they're just choosing what defeat looks like.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #434 on: February 25, 2021, 03:28:39 PM »
They've already lost. Now they're just choosing what defeat looks like.

They hired Black Richard Dawson to be their HC....so they're really going all in on defeat.

Tags: