Author Topic: The Saga of Deshaun Watson  (Read 67877 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: The Saga of Deshaun Watson
« Reply #360 on: February 13, 2021, 11:26:22 AM »
Wut...it's 3-0 at metlife stadium

With wins over the Bills, Steelers and Ravens.

Sorry, I was confusing it with your Leon jersey.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #361 on: February 13, 2021, 12:41:35 PM »
Sorry, I was confusing it with your Leon jersey.
I dont own a Leon jersey.   You started into the sauce again eh?
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #362 on: February 13, 2021, 12:57:07 PM »
I dont own a Leon jersey.   You started into the sauce again eh?

Who bought a Leon jersey the day he injured himself?

EDIT: it was Smalls.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #363 on: February 13, 2021, 01:04:42 PM »
Who bought a Leon jersey the day he injured himself?

EDIT: it was Smalls.
Apology accepted
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #364 on: February 13, 2021, 04:53:52 PM »
Spoiler alert Watsons choice isn't very important

He's under contract, and if he wants to get out of Houston he's going to have to be flexible on his destination

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #365 on: February 13, 2021, 05:14:20 PM »
Spoiler alert Watsons choice isn't very important

He's under contract, and if he wants to get out of Houston he's going to have to be flexible on his destination
freak you, Easterby.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #366 on: February 13, 2021, 09:23:11 PM »
If Lance is their guy, you take him at 2.

That’s fine, I’m just probably not on board with risking the 2 pick on a guy who is raw, didn’t play last year, and only has 1 season of production to his name. Against FCS talent. I would rather take Sewell or a WR and give Darnold another shot with a real team and coach.

Maybe Lance ends up being their guy, but to me that pick would feel like taking a QB just to take one. I know none up us like him, but I would be less surprised if they took Fields there.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #367 on: February 13, 2021, 10:39:50 PM »
That’s fine, I’m just probably not on board with risking the 2 pick on a guy who is raw, didn’t play last year, and only has 1 season of production to his name. Against FCS talent. I would rather take Sewell or a WR and give Darnold another shot with a real team and coach.

Maybe Lance ends up being their guy, but to me that pick would feel like taking a QB just to take one. I know none up us like him, but I would be less surprised if they took Fields there.
No risk it, no biscuit.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #368 on: February 14, 2021, 08:59:37 AM »

Maybe Lance ends up being their guy, but to me that pick would feel like taking a QB just to take one.

Trading down and taking whoever is left is taking a QB just to take one. Taking whoever they think is best at 2 is not that.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #369 on: February 14, 2021, 09:12:49 AM »

Trading down and taking whoever is left is taking a QB just to take one. Taking whoever they think is best at 2 is not that.

We'll draft Lance at 2 only for him to retire in TC and go back to grad school for an MFA in basket weaving because GTB.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #370 on: February 15, 2021, 09:07:32 AM »
Apparently Deshaun Watson's first name is actually Derrick.

Seems like this is not a guy you can trust.  Don't want!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #371 on: February 15, 2021, 07:30:04 PM »

How are they going to decide Lance is the best, based on how he looks at the combine? I find it extremely hard to believe you can justify selecting him over 2 guys that just put up good seasons on tape.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #372 on: February 15, 2021, 08:13:01 PM »
How are they going to decide Lance is the best, based on how he looks at the combine? I find it extremely hard to believe you can justify selecting him over 2 guys that just put up good seasons on tape.
I don't know, but I'm not really making that argument.

I'm just saying if the Jets want to move on from Darnold and they believe any of this year's QB prospects will be better than him, then whoever they think is the best one available should be the pick at 2.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #373 on: February 17, 2021, 08:23:34 AM »
Devil's advocate:
Why would the Houston Texans not sit Deshaun Watson and say the following: "Listen, we are the team that drafted you, we are the team that made you the fourth highest paid player in the league, and we have you under contract until after the 2025 season.  We're not trading you and your options are to make more money than anyone in the league save three or...boycott the team and make no money for the next four years."   

Why does a 25 year old kid get to act like he was abused because the team didn't seek his advice on who the new General Manager should be?

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #374 on: February 17, 2021, 08:34:53 AM »
Devil's advocate:
Why would the Houston Texans not sit Deshaun Watson and say the following: "Listen, we are the team that drafted you, we are the team that made you the fourth highest paid player in the league, and we have you under contract until after the 2025 season.  We're not trading you and your options are to make more money than anyone in the league save three or...boycott the team and make no money for the next four years."   

Why does a 25 year old kid get to act like he was abused because the team didn't seek his advice on who the new General Manager should be?
What are the consequences to the Texans?  If he holds out, they have no decent QB and they can't just go out and sign a big name QB because Watson could always change his mind, show up, and blow up their cap. The only way it makes sense is if they are tanking on purpose.

If you are trying to be an NFL team, it's hard to sit on him just to stick to your guns.  It makes so much sense to sell to the highest bidder if there is 100% no chance of him signing back.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 08:36:37 AM by bojanglesman »

Tags: