Author Topic: The Saga of Deshaun Watson  (Read 67922 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: The Saga of Deshaun Watson
« Reply #331 on: February 11, 2021, 02:05:42 PM »
lol Tanny
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #332 on: February 11, 2021, 02:18:15 PM »
S.I. scribe says Jets
https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/report-new-york-jets-only-team-houston-texans-will-trade-quarterback-deshaun-watson

Tannenbaum on ESPN says New England
https://www.nj.com/sports/2021/02/nfl-rumors-former-gm-says-the-new-england-patriots-are-the-favorite-to-land-deshaun-watson.html

The McClain story is the same one from yesterday.

The Tannenbaum story makes no sense. Of course the Patriots would want him and the Caserio connection makes sense, but I'm struggling to see what NE can give them. If Houston want two firsts, two additional picks and two young defensive starters, what are they offering? 21 #15, 21 2nd, 22 1st (late, because Watson on the Patriots means they're probably back in the postseason), 22 2nd, Winovich, maybe Jennings or Uche? That would mean the Patriots not making a pick until the third round - not that that would stop them doing this deal, but I don't love it for Houston.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 02:20:46 PM by Johnny English »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #333 on: February 11, 2021, 02:44:56 PM »
If Caserio trades Watson to New England, they should be investigated for collusion
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #334 on: February 11, 2021, 02:46:21 PM »
The McClain story is the same one from yesterday.

The Tannenbaum story makes no sense. Of course the Patriots would want him and the Caserio connection makes sense, but I'm struggling to see what NE can give them. If Houston want two firsts, two additional picks and two young defensive starters, what are they offering? 21 #15, 21 2nd, 22 1st (late, because Watson on the Patriots means they're probably back in the postseason), 22 2nd, Winovich, maybe Jennings or Uche? That would mean the Patriots not making a pick until the third round - not that that would stop them doing this deal, but I don't love it for Houston.

No one is accusing Houston of being competent.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #335 on: February 11, 2021, 03:24:23 PM »
If Caserio trades Watson to New England, they should be investigated for collusion

Especially if it’s for anything less than the haul of a lifetime
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #336 on: February 11, 2021, 03:30:07 PM »

Pretty sure that would be a hard case to make when it concerns a player with a NTC.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #337 on: February 11, 2021, 04:32:16 PM »
Pretty sure that would be a hard case to make when it concerns a player with a NTC.

If he thinks Houston sucks, he's really gonna be miserable playing for Belichick.  I think a lot of players have seen Brady leave NE and be much happier and still win.  They know how, despite winning a lot with Brady there, the Patriot Way is miserable.  Why go there when you can win and not be miserable in plenty of places.  I mean, if it was the only place left that would trade for him, he'd go there, but there will be lots of teams offering their first born child to trade for him. 

The Pats probably won't pursue him more than just kicking the tires.  And even if they did, they won't be anywhere close to the best offer.  The Texans have no motivation to take anything other than the best offer unless it's from another team in their division.  There are many teams that can and will offer more.  What motivation would Caserio have to take a worse offer to help another team in the AFC? 

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #338 on: February 11, 2021, 05:21:14 PM »
Hes not going to NE

The collapse of HOU is rooted in their quest to become Patriots South

Theyve only managed to become Detroit South . Recent hiring of the Detroit altar boy further cements it

Wasting future HOF primes and chasing them out of town (Watt Hopkins Andre Johnson Watson )

I'd be absolutely shocked if he waived his NTC for NE

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #341 on: February 12, 2021, 09:21:25 AM »
Sounds like the only way we get Watson is if we are the best offer and he doesn't veto us.  I'm gonna go ahead and put the Watson thing out of my head.  Too many ways it won't happen.

Draft a QB makes sense.  Darnold rerun and loading up picks is 2nd. Honestly as long as we don't trade for a non-Watson QB, I'll live.

Hopefully Doug sees the value in a new, cheap rookie QB contract for 4 more years.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 09:24:03 AM by bojanglesman »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #342 on: February 12, 2021, 09:21:46 AM »
I’m fine with him going to the 9ers.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #343 on: February 12, 2021, 09:26:56 AM »
Sounds like the only way we get Watson is if we are the best offer and he doesn't veto us.  I'm gonna go ahead and put the Watson thing out of my head.  Too many ways it won't happen.

Yeah, I moved on from the idea of Watson a little while ago. I feel like the only way we get him is by paying a price higher than I would be happy with.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #344 on: February 12, 2021, 09:28:32 AM »

Draft a QB makes sense.  Darnold rerun and loading up picks is 2nd. Honestly as long as we don't trade for a non-Watson QB, I'll live.

Hopefully Doug sees the value in a new, cheap rookie QB contract for 4 more years.

We're finally on the same page.  Now go fetch us some beef n cheddars.

Tags: