Author Topic: The Saga of Deshaun Watson  (Read 67924 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: The Saga of Deshaun Watson
« Reply #315 on: February 10, 2021, 11:41:27 AM »
Who the hell is Jake Asman?

How is this different than if I made the same tweet?

"Always take an assman at his word." - MBGreen
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #316 on: February 10, 2021, 11:42:27 AM »
Who the hell is Jake Asman?

How is this different than if I made the same tweet?
It doesn't matter who Asman is, he's quoting a Texans beat reporter. And included audio.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #317 on: February 10, 2021, 11:44:29 AM »
You need to let go of Darnold.

I'd love for this to be true.  I just don't have any faith that good things can happen to this team.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #318 on: February 10, 2021, 12:09:37 PM »
It doesn't matter who Asman is, he's quoting a Texans beat reporter. And included audio.
Badger knows how to read posts.  Take note, Libero.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #319 on: February 10, 2021, 12:15:14 PM »
I'd love for this to be true.  I just don't have any faith that good things can happen to this team.
I've never let you down
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #320 on: February 10, 2021, 12:20:37 PM »
I've never let you down
Your tank thread let me down.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #321 on: February 10, 2021, 12:24:02 PM »
Your tank thread let me down.
That was JE...he ruins lives.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #322 on: February 10, 2021, 12:55:29 PM »
I'll believe it when I see it.
The overall attitude of realsitic expectations and actual lack of getting good FA history you and Badger have is one I need to adopt so I can avoid losing my excrement when Deshaun Watson and AR go to Miami lol

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #323 on: February 10, 2021, 01:10:01 PM »
The overall attitude of realsitic expectations and actual lack of getting good FA history you and Badger have is one I need to adopt so I can avoid losing my excrement when Deshaun Watson and AR go to Miami lol

Shut up! The universe will hear you!
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #324 on: February 10, 2021, 01:10:29 PM »

Start here:

https://www.thejetoffensive.com/index.php/topic,5140.0.html
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #325 on: February 10, 2021, 01:34:01 PM »
I think it was Cane who said on here or YDKF, if you like a QB enough to take them in the 2nd then you can take them in the 1st, no matter where in the 1st.

IMO if you have the luxury of an established but aging QB then taking a flyer in the 2nd is fine but we're not in that situation.

*If* Saleh and Douglas aren't comfortable going into the season with Darnold as the presumptive starter, and nobody better falls into our lap via trade or FA, then they need to identify which prospects they like more than Darnold and take the best one available ASAP.

Christian Hackenberg
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #326 on: February 10, 2021, 01:47:25 PM »
Christian Hackenberg
None of us know what the regime at the time was thinking when they did that, it's just an example of a bad decision rather than proof that philosophy doesn't work, but just to play along - the Jets would not have been materially worse off had they taken Hack in the 1st instead of Lee.

It's possible they thought they could ride out Fitz for a while longer and develop Hack on the bench. The philosophy doesn't matter if you can't evaluate talent properly.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #327 on: February 10, 2021, 04:30:15 PM »
McClain seems to be in bed with the Texans. He said earlier that Watson had a better chance to coach the Texans than get traded. Then he floated an absurd trade offer where the Jets gave up virtually everything.

I didn't listen to the audio, but I assume his reasoning is that the Jets have the most assets, because that's always been what he's been concerned with.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #328 on: February 10, 2021, 04:54:08 PM »
McClain seems to be in bed with the Texans. He said earlier that Watson had a better chance to coach the Texans than get traded. Then he floated an absurd trade offer where the Jets gave up virtually everything.

I didn't listen to the audio, but I assume his reasoning is that the Jets have the most assets, because that's always been what he's been concerned with.
I assume it's just based off assets

If im giving up Watson and not getting 1 overall I better be getting 2nd overall at least

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #329 on: February 10, 2021, 05:44:50 PM »
I want us to keep Sam this year and then if he doesn't make the jump I believe he can, draft Spencer Rattler next year. I want to see how far Heismanberg's patience can be pushed.

In all seriousness, I can see the logic to your idea. If Saleh and Lafleur want to see what they can do with Sam for a year while the rest of the roster gets a big rebuild, then trading out of #2 to include a first next year gives us serious firepower in the next offseason to either swing for Watson, or trade up to wherever we need to be to get whoever they want. And if Sam does work out, then they have a ton of picks with which to build around him.

I'd love Watson at the Jets, but I'm increasingly nervous that the price to get him will be high enough that it will hamper our ability to fix the other problems.
Horseshit

Quote from: delavan
Trade the #2 pick to the 49ers for their #12, their 1st next year (and maybe a compensation 3rd round pick as well). You're now sitting with five 1st round draft picks for 2021/2022. You can call Houston with a flushed hand and who knows, maybe four 1st rounder does the trick.  If it would take all five 1st rounds picks to get Watson well that's for JD to decide.  One thing's for sure - no one (including Miami) is offering Houston six 1st round picks.  And, Quinnen, Mosely, Maye all stay.

Tags: