Author Topic: The Saga of Deshaun Watson  (Read 67883 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: The Saga of Deshaun Watson
« Reply #285 on: February 04, 2021, 10:59:15 PM »
From the flipside there could be a point where an offer is so shitty that they might just be better off sitting it out.

I mean imagine if Watson was a jet and he was forcing our hand. Unless someone offered somewhat appropriate value, what have they got to lose by saying okay then sit out.

In a year the dudes still gonna be a 26 year old star QB. And maybe teams will be willing to offer more for him.

I certainly don't hope Houston takes that approach, but if he was a jet I certainly wouldn't want to give him up for less than a treasure of riches
Nobody has gotten three 1st-round picks in a deal since Herschel Walker, and that was mostly because the Vikings were negligent in trade conditions.

You're right that if the offers are shitty, they could sit it out. But none of the offers will be that bad. Even if they don't like it, if you won't get good offers now, you probably won't get them later.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #286 on: February 05, 2021, 01:46:33 AM »
Nobody has gotten three 1st-round picks in a deal since Herschel Walker, and that was mostly because the Vikings were negligent in trade conditions.

You're right that if the offers are shitty, they could sit it out. But none of the offers will be that bad. Even if they don't like it, if you won't get good offers now, you probably won't get them later.

Is this not one of the better QB draft classes we've seen in years, with a cap crunch making draft picks more valuable?

Sure on one hand that could make picks more valuable for the Texans, but it could also stimy total compensation

Has a very young top ish tier QB been traded in his 20s since Jay Cutler?

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #287 on: February 05, 2021, 11:43:26 AM »

No and Cutler was never as good as Watson has been pre-trade.
Need a new one for a new board...

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #288 on: February 05, 2021, 11:46:52 AM »
I don't think it's unrealistic

Though it would be nice if that slew of one's didn't include #2 and instead included Darnold

Darnold Williams both of Seattle's picks and our next two 1s (not including #2) wouldn't be a horrible trade

I think JD's final offer will likely not include both Sam and the #2 pick, unless that's all it is (and that's really unlikely to be the case).

I imagine he tells Houston they can have a replacement QB, either the rookie (#2) or Sam, but not both. As the other will be traded to recoup assets lost in the trade for Watson.

Obviously #2 + package will be different than a Sam + package, as Sam's value =/= #2, but if Houston likes Sam better than those rookie Qb's, then that might be a thing we see happen. I seriously doubt it though.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #289 on: February 05, 2021, 11:49:53 AM »

A bit older, but Carson Palmer was still a top player when he was traded. I think his situation is pretty comparable to Watson's.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #290 on: February 05, 2021, 05:15:13 PM »
Also I haven't looked into the Texans situation too much, but I was reading some Texans blog stating that the cap ramifications of trading Watson would be fairly crippling for them.

Apparently the texans are in a excrement cap spot and trading Watson would make it extremely shitty.

So in order to facilitate trading Watson they'd also have to purge some highly undesirable cotnracts,

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #291 on: February 07, 2021, 07:30:51 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if watson gets traded today.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #292 on: February 07, 2021, 07:49:45 AM »

I don’t care when it happens as long as it’s to us

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #293 on: February 07, 2021, 08:12:01 AM »
No way.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #294 on: February 07, 2021, 10:04:35 AM »

lol
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #295 on: February 07, 2021, 10:10:02 AM »
NFL Update
@MySportsUpdate
 · 2h
The #Texans recently dismissed equipment manager Mike Parson — who had a close relationship with Deshaun Watson — and the move is not sitting well with players, per @AdamSchefter.

Imagine being a Texans fan.  Yeeks.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #296 on: February 07, 2021, 10:13:13 AM »
Nate Washington's response to the Texans equip. mgr getting canned

Nate Washington
@nwash85
·
47m
This is BS
Double exclamation mark
Mike always went above and beyond in the equipment room to provide for the players while I was there! If I’m Deshaun there’s absolutely nothing they could do to get me back in that building! I’d pull a Leveon and sit out a whole year!!!

I don't know wtf Caserio is doing other than driving a bigger wedge between the team and Watson....but i'm at the point where i'll be shocked if Watson isn't traded by the time FA opens.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #297 on: February 07, 2021, 10:22:30 AM »
Nate Washington's response to the Texans equip. mgr getting canned

I don't know wtf Caserio is doing other than driving a bigger wedge between the team and Watson....but i'm at the point where i'll be shocked if Watson isn't traded by the time FA opens.
Caserio will pee off everyone so they can be funneled to the Pats on the cheap.  Once everything is burned down, Caserio returns to NE.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #298 on: February 07, 2021, 10:25:13 AM »
Caserio will pee off everyone so they can be funneled to the Pats on the cheap.  Once everything is burned down, Caserio returns to NE.

Saban will find a quality control job for Caserio on his staff.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #299 on: February 07, 2021, 05:16:36 PM »
If they decide not to trade Watson before the draft, we should seriously consider trading down from #2 and getting more draft capital next season. I could see the Texans being stubborn and testing Watson's resolve. And if that's the case, getting a 3rd 1st-round pick next year makes us the favorites for Watson next season.

It's a risk, but if they believe in Darnold, that's another potential option. Let Darnold be the guy, and then if Watson becomes truly available, we can push him aside later.

Tags: