Author Topic: The Saga of Deshaun Watson  (Read 67942 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: The Saga of Deshaun Watson
« Reply #150 on: January 28, 2021, 12:36:51 PM »
FWIW: Schefter and Mortensen insist that he's not coming. First they told Greenberg not to "get his hopes up" and now Schefter posted 4 pics on Twitter with Watson photoshopped into unis and when some fan told him he forgot the Jets, Mortensen replied "No, he didn't".

Don't know what to make of that because those guys are pretty reliable although much more so when they're breaking news than when they state their opinion.
Mortensen is right. He didn’t. https://t.co/vCWz90v86y

« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 12:39:30 PM by bojanglesman »

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #151 on: January 28, 2021, 12:38:40 PM »
Mortensen is right. He didn’t. https://t.co/vCWz90v86y

That's what I immediately thought of.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2021, 12:44:59 PM »
SO my question about Schefter's certainty the Jet's have very little chance is, which side is he getting this info from?

Watson's camp? Because there are a ton of reports and tea leaves and all the rest suggesting he would come to NY.

So is he getting this from the Jets side? From Douglas and the FO that we won't get seriously involved? That would be very depressing.
Need a new one for a new board...

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #153 on: January 28, 2021, 12:47:16 PM »
Anybody know who the hell this guy is?

https://twitter.com/Willpa11/status/1354835234743873539

According to
@ShannonSharpe
 and his close sources, Jets are heavy favorites to get
@deshaunwatson
 because of NY/Saleh and is willing to play “hard ball” with Houston to force a move. Miami as well as 1 or 2 others could be involved but Jets heavy favoritesSyringeSyringeSyringe

If he actually chooses to force a move to NY that would be the most anti-jets thing I think any of us have ever seen.

Does anyone know if Sharpe actually would have a source in this thing like this guy suggests?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 12:49:33 PM by Libero_2 »

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2021, 12:47:17 PM »
SO my question about Schefter's certainty the Jet's have very little chance is, which side is he getting this info from?

Watson's camp? Because there are a ton of reports and tea leaves and all the rest suggesting he would come to NY.

So is he getting this from the Jets side? From Douglas and the FO that we won't get seriously involved? That would be very depressing.
We need Ghostbusters Darnold and cracked shoulders Wilson

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #155 on: January 28, 2021, 12:50:26 PM »

smokescreen so the dolphins offer less than they would otherwise!

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #156 on: January 28, 2021, 12:53:52 PM »
All jokes aside.  If we fail to get him I want to at least hear we tried lol

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #157 on: January 28, 2021, 12:54:08 PM »
smokescreen so the dolphins offer less than they would otherwise!
Let's hope so lol

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #158 on: January 28, 2021, 01:00:57 PM »
Quinn Ewers is likely the next generational QB prospect.  He'll be draft eligible in 2024. 

No way that a QB with the last name "Ewers" will ever be successful in the NFL.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #159 on: January 28, 2021, 01:23:08 PM »
Ian Rapoport:

From NFL Now: The #Texans have received plenty of calls on Deshaun Watson, and that will continue. From the #Jets to the #Bears to #Panthers, who'll make a strong push, to many others. One of the most robust trade markets we've seen.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #160 on: January 28, 2021, 01:25:17 PM »
Ian Rapoport:

From NFL Now: The #Texans have received plenty of calls on Deshaun Watson, and that will continue. From the #Jets to the #Bears to #Panthers, who'll make a strong push, to many others. One of the most robust trade markets we've seen.

Good...JD has jumped into this pool.  Do the needful, king.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #161 on: January 28, 2021, 02:15:50 PM »
Ian Rapoport:

That already makes me feel better.

I have to think given the cap situation houston is in, picks matter more than players, since they can't build around top players on 2nd contracts already. To me that puts the Bears out of it. As for Carolina, I don't know what they have in the tank that makes me think they can outbid us. Burns, Linn and 7 sure doesn't sound as enticing as 2 + more 1s.

edit: the other thing I like about this, is the Dolphins aren't mentioned in the 'strong push' category.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 02:21:30 PM by Libero_2 »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2021, 02:15:54 PM »
For argument's (fun) sake, let's say it was made public that the Dolphins were not interested in bidding for Watson.  How much lower could our offer be based on our main competition being gone?

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #163 on: January 28, 2021, 02:19:23 PM »
For argument's (fun) sake, let's say it was made public that the Dolphins were not interested in bidding for Watson.  How much lower could our offer be based on our main competition being gone?

Only 3 teams can offer at least 3 1's over the next two years, Jets, Jags and Phins.

Jags are out because it's an inter division trade and they have Lawrence.

If the Phins bow out, I'd stand firm at 3 1's. Houston can pick which 3 they want in 2021-2022 and that's the play for me. Sure i'd come up a bit if I had to, but no one has a better pick based offer on the table than that.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #164 on: January 28, 2021, 02:19:30 PM »
Tony Pauline says he's now hearing the Dolphins are the favorite.  He said the Jets were the favorite yesterday.

I can again confirm that Tony Pauline is a sourceless, moronic piece of excrement that livestreams from a creepy basement. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: