Author Topic: The Saga of Deshaun Watson  (Read 67936 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: The Saga of Deshaun Watson
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2021, 10:48:41 AM »
When we pick Justin Fields at 2, I'll just say I told ya so. 

Dude...relax.

I'm not even gonna try to figure out why you went in that direction....since it has nothing to do with our discussion.  Nobody likes Justin Fields (except for maybe Derek Smalls). 
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2021, 10:48:59 AM »
Fine...i'm telling you JD isn't going to bend over and his spread his cheeks no matter how badly you want to do it for him.  It's just not going to happen.  And if it did, it would be a complete 180 from his MO.

My personal opinion....i think 3 first rounders and Quinnen Williams gets it done (i've gone on record saying this in another thread).  And i think that's hefty, yet reasonable price to pay.

Exactly no freaking GM is giving up 5 1sts, that's lunacy.

If we're going to make the most expensive trade of all time, it'll almost certainly involve players, likely Williams

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2021, 10:49:38 AM »
I think we can get it done without giving 4 first rounders.  Maybe 3 1sts and other lesser picks.  It would be nice to keep one of the 1sts next year.  I'm assuming a minimum of 3 1sts.

I don't really know what my limit would be, but that doesn't matter anyway because my last name isn't Douglas.

I agree with this.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2021, 10:49:46 AM »
We should trade every draft pick this franchise has for the next 10 years for Mahomes.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2021, 10:51:00 AM »
Exactly no freaking GM is giving up 5 1sts, that's lunacy.

Washington gave up three firsts and a second to move up for RG3. 

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2021, 10:51:10 AM »
I'll trust our GM to do the needful.  If that means acquiring Watson, i'll be the first to buy his jersey. 

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2021, 10:51:21 AM »
I can't imagine Saleh being on board with trading Q.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2021, 10:51:45 AM »
I'll trust our GM to do the needful.  If that means acquiring Watson, i'll be the first to buy his jersey. 

Can we buy a Big Doug jersey?   #69.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2021, 10:53:51 AM »
Washington gave up three firsts and a second to move up for RG3. 

Yeah but those draft picks were worthless

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2021, 10:54:43 AM »
you know who should be offering 4 or 5 first round picks?  Teams that don't have the #2 pick overall.

#2 = 1 player.

One player people HOPE can be as good as Watson.

Watson and what he brings to a franchise and organization is worth 4 players, 5 hell even 10 guys.

What's an ELITE Gm's hit % on 1st round players, NON-Qbs? 75% at best? Let's pretend Douglas is actually the best in the league for just 1 second. So if we trade 4 1's, we are trading 3 good/great players and 1 bad one away.

In return we get a franchise QB and since we have Douglas a guy who is actually the best drafter in the league, he can find guys outside of round 1 and we have the ability to acquire other assets (Sam for 1) to recoup what we lose in capital.

Also there's a different way to look at this deal if we do in fact trade all 4 1sts for Watson. Would you really be upset at 2 1's and Jamal Adams for Watson? Because that's essentially what this deal would be. And no one in their right mind is saying no to that deal.
Need a new one for a new board...

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2021, 10:55:06 AM »
I guess it depends on the definition of epic.
Le epic Elon Musk bacon Keanu Reeves Die Hard is a Christmas movie Johnny Depp trade

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2021, 10:55:12 AM »
Yeah but those draft picks were worthless

lol

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2021, 10:58:35 AM »
#2 = 1 player.

One player people HOPE can be as good as Watson.

Watson and what he brings to a franchise and organization is worth 4 players, 5 hell even 10 guys.

What's an ELITE Gm's hit % on 1st round players, NON-Qbs? 75% at best? Let's pretend Douglas is actually the best in the league for just 1 second. So if we trade 4 1's, we are trading 3 good/great players and 1 bad one away.

In return we get a franchise QB and since we have Douglas a guy who is actually the best drafter in the league, he can find guys outside of round 1 and we have the ability to acquire other assets (Sam for 1) to recoup what we lose in capital.

Also there's a different way to look at this deal if we do in fact trade all 4 1sts for Watson. Would you really be upset at 2 1's and Jamal Adams for Watson? Because that's essentially what this deal would be. And no one in their right mind is saying no to that deal.

Again, for those who didnt hear it in the back...the #2 holds premium value.   It's not just "#2 =1 player" .....that pick will be used on a potential franchise QB that will be on a rookie contract.  So we're also factoring in the cap relief for Houston as well.

Hell we gave up 3 deuces just to move up to 3 for Darnold.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2021, 10:58:59 AM »
I'm fine giving up three 1st-round picks. Hell, I would give up all four 1st-round picks in the next two seasons if that was really what it took.

But if we offer #2, #23, and our 1st-round pick next season, which I would do in a second, who is topping that? How are they topping that? The #2 pick alone is worth a couple 1st-round picks by itself. The #23 pick this year is worth more than any 1st-round pick in 2022.

If you're the Texans, would you rather have the #2 and #23 this year, or a team's 1st-round pick in each of the next 4 seasons? I'd rather have 2 and 23. And we would likely be offering at least one more premium pick on top of that.

Everyone on this board is on the same page of getting Deshaun Watson. I'm willing to give up four 1st-round picks if we have to. But it's Joe Douglas' job to utilize his leverage, and the Jets do have leverage in terms of our draft capital.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2021, 10:59:30 AM »
I think we can all agree you start with an offer that is a low as possible without being insulting.  Then work up just high enough to get it done without bidding against yourself.  I think our ace in the hole is having the spot that guarantees the 2nd best QB.  That is a lot more valuable than #3 overall when you need a QB. 

There are some things that can go sideways.  The Texans may decide to trade separately for a QB, making the difference between #2 and #3 overall less valuable to them. 

Tags: