Author Topic: New NYJ Coaching Staff  (Read 10015 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: New NYJ Coaching Staff
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2021, 10:40:53 AM »
https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1357463494606618627?s=20
Saleh always has a bit of Rex in him. "It's going to be an exciting time for the organization." It's extremely refreshing. Having confidence is a good thing, even if it can border on cockiness.

One thing Saleh has said in the past was how important it is to get different viewpoints and to learn from different people, and to have a diverse staff. He ended up hiring a lot of his buddies. I'm hopeful that he picked the best guys he could realistically grab from his former stops and hired a quality and diverse staff. I have no reason not to believe him. So I don't really agree with Cimini saying the downside is that it might limit different ideas. We don't know that.

To me, the biggest negative about the staff is that nobody really has head coaching experience. Does that actually matter? No clue. But that's the only real negative I have about the staff is that Saleh doesn't have anyone on the staff who has been in that situation.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2021, 10:50:34 AM »
One thing Saleh has said in the past was how important it is to get different viewpoints and to learn from different people, and to have a diverse staff. He ended up hiring a lot of his buddies. I'm hopeful that he picked the best guys he could realistically grab from his former stops and hired a quality and diverse staff. I have no reason not to believe him. So I don't really agree with Cimini saying the downside is that it might limit different ideas. We don't know that.

I think the other factor to that is that for most of them it's a promotion, so even if they aren't new ideas within the group they might very well be better able to express and implement them than they have previously. I think that the fact that they know and trust each other should hopefully help foster an environment in which people are less afraid to introduce new ideas and to innovate. I am with you on not agreeing with Cimini.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2021, 12:04:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1358098709796519942

The Jets are hiring Washington State special teams coordinator Michael Ghobrial to be their assistant special teams coach, a source said. He will assist STC Brant Boyer, who was retained by new HC Robert Saleh. Boyer's previous assistant was Jeff Hammerschmidt, who spent four years in that role. Ghobrial has a connection to new DC Jeff Ulbrich; years ago, they overlapped as members of the UCLA staff. Ghobrial's move was first announced on Twitter by WSU coach Nick Rolovich.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2021, 12:37:11 PM »

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2021, 12:40:53 PM »
I hope his wife's ok with it.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2021, 12:58:24 PM »
Really liking this staff.  Nice mix of coaching tree familiarity and former players

Not entirely unheard of but the fact anyone is scoffing at the list is surprising. 

Who was it Cimini? Lol

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2021, 12:59:02 PM »
Still got my Leon Washington jersey hanging in the closet. First day I wore it, he broke his leg as I was driving to watch the game.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2021, 12:59:39 PM »
Still got my Leon Washington jersey hanging in the closet. First day I wore it, he broke his leg as I was driving to watch the game.

Buy a Josh Allen jersey
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2021, 05:53:10 PM »
"After we warm up before a game," Washington says  "I gotta take a dump. It's a huge benefit to release that gas you don't need. The facilities are beautiful. We're spoiled. If I get a good one, I know I am gonna score two touchdowns."

Buy a Josh Allen jersey
  haha
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 05:56:54 PM by delavan »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2021, 12:51:17 PM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2021, 06:28:59 PM »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2021, 06:35:00 PM »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2021, 06:44:14 PM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2021, 07:55:51 PM »
I like the fact we are creating a brand new department in charge of preventing injury. At least according to the cimini tweet below the one shown
Need a new one for a new board...

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2021, 08:01:11 PM »
Found a fluff piece on this new department. Pretty good read. This Doc used to run S and C for Team USA so dudes obviously pretty qualified*

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-hire-dr-brad-deweese-to-head-new-athletic-care-and-performance-department
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 08:09:03 PM by Libero_2 »
Need a new one for a new board...

Tags: