Author Topic: NYJ Free Agency 2021  (Read 50166 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
NYJ Free Agency 2021
« on: January 15, 2021, 09:28:20 AM »
Now that Robert Saleh is the next coach of the New York Jets, it's time to move on to the next part of the offseason:  Free Agency

---

I think our top target should be New England Patriots* Guard Joe Thuney.  Continue to build the wall. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: NYJ Free Agency 2021
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 09:29:44 AM »
Now that Robert Saleh is the next coach of the New York Jets, it's time to move on to the next part of the offseason:  Free Agency

---

I think our top target should be New England Patriots* Guard Joe Thuney.  Continue to build the wall. 

Yes

I'd check in on Allen Robinson or Chris Godwin next
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 09:31:12 AM »
thuney and a-rob plz

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 09:32:19 AM »

---

100% agree. As of right now I'd be comfortable with Becton-Thuney-McGovern-Elflein-Fant but I'd be happy to upgrade any of the latter three positions as well.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 09:33:14 AM »
I'd check in on Allen Robinson or Chris Godwin next

Haven't looked into San Francisco's passing offense enough yet to know who would be a good fit. 

From the outside looking in at their roster, they seem to prefer YAC guys (Deebo, Aiyuk, James, Taylor).  And obviously the tight end was a huge part of that offense with Kittle.  We have to get better at TE.   

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 09:34:14 AM »
Haven't looked into San Francisco's passing offense enough yet to know who would be a good fit. 

From the outside looking in at their roster, they seem to prefer YAC guys (Deebo, Aiyuk, James, Taylor).  And obviously the tight end was a huge part of that offense with Kittle.  We have to get better at TE.   

Pitts or that kid from the U ...Brevin Jordan
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 09:35:15 AM »
100% agree. As of right now I'd be comfortable with Becton-Thuney-McGovern-Elflein-Fant but I'd be happy to upgrade any of the latter three positions as well.

Thuney gets us a champion on the offensive line plus it's a swift kick to New England's* nuts. 

You want to surround Becton and the QB with winners. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2021, 09:37:01 AM »
Pitts or that kid from the U ...Brevin Jordan

Both of those guys are more like jumbo receivers.  They could fill that role that Jordan Reed never could, because he was always hurt.  Kittle is also the best blocking tight end in the NFL.

It'll be tough for them to replicate that production with anyone, but I think someone like Ohio State's Jeremy Ruckert in the mid rounds is a nice starting point.  Not ready to give up on Herndon yet either, but he's a more of a TE2 at this point. 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 09:44:50 AM »
Thuney gets us a champion on the offensive line plus it's a swift kick to New England's* nuts. 

You want to surround Becton and the QB with winners. 

Reminiscent of when we signed Faneca to put next to Brick

Thuney is younger and much better at this point in his career, but that move helped Brick immensely. Pete Kendall and Adrien Clarke started at LG his first 2 seasons.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 09:48:37 AM »

---

I mentioned in the JO craft beer group text that Thuney was drafted right in between our Hackenberg and Jenkins picks. Sigh.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 09:56:19 AM »
Reminiscent of when we signed Faneca to put next to Brick

Thuney is younger and much better at this point in his career, but that move helped Brick immensely. Pete Kendall and Adrien Clarke started at LG his first 2 seasons.
Pete Kendall was good though.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2021, 10:11:05 AM »
Pete Kendall was good though.

Kendall was  also frequently injured and hated the team at that point. I that played some role in it.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2021, 10:20:53 AM »

That would indicate a preference for Godwin wouldn’t it? I also expect Crowder to feast in this offense.

As for TE I would assume our top TE target would be Freiermuth from Penn State given that he’s the best combo TW in the class. He’s a guy that might be available at 34.

I also suspect that we will be very high on Jaylen Waddle for this offense in the draft.

Where is the OSU Center Jason Myers going to get drafted? Grab that guy and install him as the pivot pushing McGovern to guard might be a way to upgrade two slots. Is it possible Myers is a 3rd round guy?
Need a new one for a new board...

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2021, 11:39:15 AM »

Kadarius Toney / Amon-Ra St. Brown

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2021, 11:42:14 AM »
Kadarius Toney / Amon-Ra St. Brown

Joka Toney is my son and he needs to be Jet. 

Tags: