Author Topic: OC Mike LaFired  (Read 51716 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: OC Mike LaFieldGoal
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2021, 04:42:43 PM »

Baker Mayfield is the oldest QB left in the AFC...

Huh?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2021, 04:44:14 PM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2021, 09:33:56 PM »
Baker Mayfield is the oldest QB left in the AFC... no longer are the days where QBs need or get years and years to develop.

Not years and years but how about give him a chance? There's only 4 QBs left in rhe AFC playoffs, and a quick peak at the QBs in the NFC kind of negates that point. We just had Ben and bo in there last week too. The guys from his draft having success are on much better teams.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2021, 02:25:40 AM »
Baker Mayfield is the oldest QB left in the AFC... no longer are the days where QBs need or get years and years to develop.

Have to point out hut the Ravens Browns Bills all had strong running games and defenses that are probably better than their ofeenses.

Mahomes is on a complete different level from those guys

And Allen and Lamar Jackson are far from developed

They are extremely athletically gifted, which is a complete cornerstone of their games. And while Allen has monumentally improved, the whole nation saw him missing wide open dudes all over the place this weekend

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2021, 07:30:37 AM »
Have to point out hut the Ravens Browns Bills all had strong running games and defenses that are probably better than their ofeenses.

Mahomes is on a complete different level from those guys

And Allen and Lamar Jackson are far from developed

They are extremely athletically gifted, which is a complete cornerstone of their games. And while Allen has monumentally improved, the whole nation saw him missing wide open dudes all over the place this weekend

Are you really this delusional?  Have you watched Josh Allen this season? 

It was extremely windy.  There was no way to consistently throw the football.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2021, 07:55:00 AM »
Are you really this delusional?  Have you watched Josh Allen this season? 

It was extremely windy.  There was no way to consistently throw the football.

I haven't consistently watched the Bills no. But are you saying he doesn't still miss easy throws way too often?

I mean Lamar Jackson literally won MVP and he was missing throws all over the place. Then the following year he got exposed.

I won't deny that Allen is having an MVP like year, but do you think he will maintain and continue it next year? Or will his flaws resurge in a major way?

Diggs just dominated the nfl in a major way this season, so you have to think hes the biggest factor of Allens surge.

That said I haven't consistently watched the Bills, so my opinion is a fairly ignorant one

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2021, 07:58:56 AM »
I haven't consistently watched the Bills no. But are you saying he doesn't still miss easy throws way too often?

He completed almost 70% of his passes this season.  Rodgers, Brees, and Watson are the only QBs with a better completion percentage. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2021, 08:09:42 AM »
"Haven't watched him play, but let me comment on it anyway"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2021, 08:13:54 AM »
"Haven't watched him play, but let me comment on it anyway"

My point was its unlikely Allen and Jackson are fully developed QB's and instead get by being exceptionally athletically gifted.

You know far more than I do. Would you say Allen and Jackson are almost completely developed as QBs?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2021, 08:16:31 AM »
Would you say Allen and Jackson are almost completely developed as QBs?

Absolutely not, but Allen was the most physically gifted QB in that draft class and he's improved every season.  Buffalo has surrounded him with talent too.

Lamar Jackson is not a traditional QB.  If his legs aren't hurting a defense, it's basically over with.  I think he can develop into a better pocket passer with coaching, but I'll believe it when I see. 

It's more than just pure athleticism with Allen.  He takes care of the football and he's been very accurate. 

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2021, 08:41:46 AM »
We've seen Jackson's story play out before, at least if you've watched football for any length of time. It's a short term deal if you get in the right situation, then teams figure you out and/or you get beat up enough that it's no longer effective.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2021, 11:59:03 AM »
https://www.sny.tv/articles/sources-around-league-explain-how-the-jets-landed-on-hiring-robert-saleh
I'm just glad everyone unanimously agrees we hit a home run with this hire. Clearly, there is no way this hiring can backfire.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2021, 12:00:34 PM »
Also, glad we traded Jamal Adams to get extra draft picks to make our job more appealing to Saleh, the greatest coach in NFL history who cannot possibly fail.

That article mentions that Saleh thinks we're a better job than the Lions largely because of the draft capital we own.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2021, 12:03:11 PM »
Also, glad we traded Jamal Adams to get extra draft picks to make our job more appealing to Saleh, the greatest coach in NFL history who cannot possibly fail.

That article mentions that Saleh thinks we're a better job than the Lions largely because of the draft capital we own.
So..Saleh isnt stupid. Now confirmed.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: