Author Topic: OC Mike LaFired  (Read 51280 times)

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
Re: OC Mike LaFieldGoal
« Reply #300 on: December 21, 2021, 05:32:22 PM »
Cavanaugh is a consultant.  Maybe give him more responsibility, if he is staying on.  Benton seems to stink too.

Losing Knapp hurt a lot.

Benton's been coaching offensive lines forever. He's actually the most experienced coach on the staff. If he stinks then we're really in deep excrement.

I'm really not sure what to make of Cavanaugh. Losing Knapp how and when we did was devastating.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 05:38:34 PM by Andrew Ryan »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #301 on: January 19, 2022, 11:33:41 AM »
https://twitter.com/boygreen25/status/1472696581325565961?s=21

Berrios revealed today this play was closed “Cocaine”
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #302 on: January 19, 2022, 11:36:22 AM »
https://twitter.com/boygreen25/status/1472696581325565961?s=21

Berrios revealed today this play was closed “Cocaine”
Tommy's favorite play.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #303 on: October 02, 2022, 03:46:29 PM »
Yes, i know we won today.  But this guy stinks.

If the Jets are going to take the next step into being a contender, Saleh will need to take a hard look at MLF's scheme and playcalling.

I believe the Jets have the talent to win games, but we need someone who knows how to unlock the talent a lot better than MLF.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #304 on: October 02, 2022, 03:50:27 PM »
Yes, i know we won today.  But this guy stinks.

If the Jets are going to take the next step into being a contender, Saleh will need to take a hard look at MLF's scheme and playcalling.

I believe the Jets have the talent to win games, but we need someone who knows how to unlock the talent a lot better than MLF.
LaFleur isn't perfect, but I still think he's shown more positives than either Saleh or Ulbrich since they've been hired.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #305 on: October 02, 2022, 03:52:41 PM »
LaFleur isn't perfect, but I still think he's shown more positives than either Saleh or Ulbrich since they've been hired.

No he hasn't.

"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #306 on: October 02, 2022, 03:55:11 PM »
Saleh once said something to the effect of the first quarter is about the script, the second and third are about the coaching/playcalling, and the fourth quarter is about the talent. 

I liked MLF's first quarter script, I thought it was balanced and effective.  But as soon as he needs to start calling plays on the fly, he quite literally doesn't realize how much he's throwing the ball.  Then the talent needs to either bail him out or succumb to their fate to finish the game.

There's no reason we shouldn't be running the ball as much or more than we're passing the ball in our current situation. 

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #307 on: October 02, 2022, 04:03:00 PM »
Saleh once said something to the effect of the first quarter is about the script, the second and third are about the coaching/playcalling, and the fourth quarter is about the talent. 

I liked MLF's first quarter script, I thought it was balanced and effective.  But as soon as he needs to start calling plays on the fly, he quite literally doesn't realize how much he's throwing the ball.  Then the talent needs to either bail him out or succumb to their fate to finish the game.

There's no reason we shouldn't be running the ball as much or more than we're passing the ball in our current situation. 
No team runs it more than they pass though. The only teams that are close have mobile quarterbacks who can't throw (49ers, Bears).

Could we run it more? Sure. But the running game hasn't been that effective. And when you trail by double digits in the 4th quarter in every game, it's hard to keep running for 3 yards per carry.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #308 on: October 02, 2022, 04:05:37 PM »

The fact that we're total derriere in the 3rd qtr but sometimes good in the 4th makes this funny.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #309 on: October 02, 2022, 04:06:27 PM »
No team runs it more than they pass though. The only teams that are close have mobile quarterbacks who can't throw (49ers, Bears).

Could we run it more? Sure. But the running game hasn't been that effective. And when you trail by double digits in the 4th quarter in every game, it's hard to keep running for 3 yards per carry.

the running game isn't effective because we're running it out of the shotgun most of the time.  Defenders are in the backfield before our backs can do anything with it.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #310 on: October 02, 2022, 04:08:20 PM »
No team runs it more than they pass though.

The Steelers just did, and it would have been a successful gameplan if not for their four interceptions. 

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #311 on: October 02, 2022, 04:14:58 PM »
The Steelers just did, and it would have been a successful gameplan if not for their four interceptions. 
So you want to model your offense after the Steelers?

The Steelers had 2 touchdowns all game, and one was because they got the ball on the 4 yard line. Their kicker hit two 50-yard bombs for the other points.

Not to mention, the Steelers have a 69% designed pass rate this season. Today was an outlier.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #312 on: October 02, 2022, 04:15:52 PM »
So you want to model your offense after the Steelers?

The Steelers had 2 touchdowns all game, and one was because they got the ball on the 4 yard line. Their kicker hit two 50-yard bombs for the other points.

Not to mention, the Steelers have a 69% designed pass rate this season. Today was an outlier.

what's wrong with establishing a solid run game and using playaction off of it?

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #313 on: October 02, 2022, 04:17:18 PM »
what's wrong with establishing a solid run game and using playaction off of it?
Nothing?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #314 on: October 02, 2022, 04:21:02 PM »
Nothing?

then why are you complaining against establishing a run game?

Tags: