Author Topic: Robert Saleh: Leader of Meh  (Read 58572 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Robert Saleh: Leader of Men
« Reply #810 on: November 13, 2023, 03:54:27 PM »
Well you're optimistic.

Yesterday hurt.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #811 on: November 13, 2023, 04:24:47 PM »
Ain't going to happen if Rodger's has to thing up or down the decision.

Woody isn’t going to buy off on that either. He was fully part of the Rodgers recruitment plan.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #812 on: November 13, 2023, 04:32:03 PM »
My thoughts on Saleh are kind of where they were on mid-late Rex. Seems like he's a good defensive coach and has done a great job developing players on that side. His in-game management is very inconsistent. Hard to know how to break down the pie chart of blame for the offensive issues.

I am fine giving Saleh a chance with Rodgers. I want to see how he looks with a better QB. I also wanted to see Rex with a better QB, but that never happened, and his coaching flaws became more and more apparent as the years went on.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #813 on: November 13, 2023, 05:07:19 PM »
I agree ideally I would want an offensive coach next.

HARBAUGH SZN
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #814 on: November 13, 2023, 05:18:08 PM »
HARBAUGH SZN
Harbaugh didn't steal enough signals , how can we expect to score without cheating - 2025 Jets Fan

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #815 on: November 13, 2023, 07:55:23 PM »
I quoted your point after you said "my point all along," but sure, it's cherry picking. That was one of the funniest things I've read on this board all year, so I wanted to call attention to it.

There is a chasm between Aaron Rodgers and Zach Wilson. There are a lot of teams with beat up offensive lines and mediocre skill talent. Every other team finds a way to score touchdowns. Every other team finds a way. Lawrence Cager has more touchdowns than the Jets this month.

I agree with your 2nd paragraph.

Zach's not good enough to raise up the guys around him. He needs others to at least be competent to do his job competently. And while I don't want to go speaking for others, I can say this has been my point all along.

You cherry-picked a sentence at the tail end of the paragraph and now you're implying that was my point? Despite me saying that the first two sentences were my point?

I still maintain that Rodgers would struggle with this unit. Would he have won last night? With the same conditions Zach had? I think so. But overall, he'd be struggling with this team, and he'd be staring up at the clouds more often than not at the end of plays.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #816 on: November 13, 2023, 09:55:51 PM »
I dont expect him to play like MVP Rodgers, especially now. But he would be a significant upgrade when healthy.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #817 on: November 14, 2023, 08:38:59 AM »
I dont expect him to play like MVP Rodgers, especially now. But he would be a significant upgrade when healthy.

Is Rodgers a much better QB than Zach? Absolutely. I don't think you're going to find a single argument against that.

But to be an upgrade, he has to be able to perform. Behind this line, with a supporting cast of pass-droppers, backs that run like it's 2 foot deep mud, and clowns committing brain dead penalties, it's hard to imagine he'd have significantly more success. 4 plays in is ridiculous, but I find it hard to imagine he'd have remained healthy all year on this team.

My argument against Zach is that he can't raise up guys around him, and Rodgers is the opposite. But it's hard to do that from your derriere, which he'd be on a lot with this team.

Anyway, I didn't want to get into a big argument about this. I don't think any of us would rather Zach be out there than Rodgers--Zach included.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #818 on: November 14, 2023, 08:44:07 AM »
Even if you assume Rodgers would be sacked 10% of the time, which would basically be David Carr career level, there's still 90% of plays where Rodgers is getting the ball out instead of Zach. IT would absolutely make a difference.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #819 on: November 14, 2023, 10:44:59 AM »
Even if you assume Rodgers would be sacked 10% of the time, which would basically be David Carr career level, there's still 90% of plays where Rodgers is getting the ball out instead of Zach. IT would absolutely make a difference.

Yeah, but getting the ball out to what? If he comes back does that all of a sudden make the two or three WRs running routes to the same 2 yard bubble on the field more open?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #820 on: November 14, 2023, 12:38:17 PM »
*Runs the supercut video of passes hitting Lazard, GW, Cobb, and Michael Carter directly in the hands and being dropped*

No, Zach has never elevated his teammates. The real conversation this year is why his teammates have struggled so hard to even do the bare minimum for Zach.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #821 on: November 14, 2023, 12:38:51 PM »
We don’t really need to continue the conversation of if AR would be an phrase over Zach past this point

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #822 on: November 15, 2023, 09:54:00 AM »
Rich Cimini
@RichCimini
Saleh says there will be other personnel changes in addition to Carter. He won't disclose them. #Jets

hallelujahmusic.gif

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #823 on: November 15, 2023, 09:57:51 AM »
Rich Cimini
@RichCimini
Saleh says there will be other personnel changes in addition to Carter. He won't disclose them. #Jets

mmmmmm more personnel changes yum yum
gimme more
grrr brap!
tasty in my tum tum
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #824 on: November 15, 2023, 10:01:33 AM »

mmmmmm more personnel changes yum yum
gimme more
grrr brap!
tasty in my tum tum

Uzomah's playing time reduced by 1 snap this week, Lazard told to stop messing up or else he'll get the business.   Veteran ping pong day will go away, "I mean it".

Tags: