Author Topic: Robert Saleh: Leader of Meh  (Read 57807 times)

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
Re: Robert Saleh: Leader of Men
« Reply #345 on: January 21, 2021, 02:30:25 PM »
Chris said during the press conference that it really doesn't change things that much.

What response were you expecting from him?

"Yes, reducing my involvement in football operations will help this team tremendously."

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #346 on: January 21, 2021, 02:32:30 PM »
What response were you expecting from him?

"Yes, reducing my involvement in football operations will help this team tremendously."
I don't think it really changes things. I don't think CJ is that involved making football decisions.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Saleh has literally never met Woody, so it might be easier for him to report to the one guy he has met.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #347 on: January 21, 2021, 02:36:12 PM »
I don't think it really changes things. I don't think CJ is that involved making football decisions.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Saleh has literally never met Woody, so it might be easier for him to report to the one guy he has met.

How does it not change anything?  The entire chain of command is different.  Having both the HC and GM at the same level is a potential disaster if there's a discrepancy between the 2.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #348 on: January 21, 2021, 02:38:50 PM »

Yeah, I don't either.  I don't think he's willing or capable of making football decisions of any kind.  Which is why it's absolutely asinine to have the guy whose job it is to make football decisions answer directly to him.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #349 on: January 21, 2021, 02:47:12 PM »
Rich Cimini
@RichCimini
·
20m
Saleh says he reached out to all the players via text. Says he has an “open door.” Has bumped into a few at the facility. #Jets

Gase still hasn't met Kelechi Osemele
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #350 on: January 21, 2021, 02:53:54 PM »
Gase still hasn't met Kelechi Osemele

No but he has keyed freak You into Osemele’s car several times since June.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #351 on: January 21, 2021, 02:54:51 PM »
How does it not change anything?  The entire chain of command is different.  Having both the HC and GM at the same level is a potential disaster if there's a discrepancy between the 2.
That would be problematic regardless of the structure.

Bring in the right people and the structure is irrelevant.

There are successful teams that do it both ways. I am happy we changed the structure because we have nothing to lose, but I don't think this is some magic elixir.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #352 on: January 21, 2021, 02:55:30 PM »
enunwa's first communication from gase was seeing his name up on a screen with a fine amount next to it LMAO

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #353 on: January 21, 2021, 03:13:12 PM »
Anyone else listening to Kay? Not a ton of new info.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #354 on: January 21, 2021, 04:37:10 PM »
Orlovsky on the radio saying he thinks Saleh was the best HC hire of the off-season.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #355 on: January 21, 2021, 05:55:55 PM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #356 on: January 21, 2021, 06:54:23 PM »
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #358 on: January 23, 2021, 01:51:02 AM »
Having listened to most Robert Saleh interviews I could find over the last two days, the thing I like most is that he seems confident in our identity. Shanahan-style offense, Saleh-style defense. He keeps preaching that he knows what types of players he wants to fit the system, and it's easy to buy it.

The last two coaches have been completely dull and mostly terrible. The last coach we had that had success here was Rex in his first two seasons. He brought a sense of bravado and made it a lot of fun to be a Jets fan, mostly because of the playoff wins.

There's a lot of Rex in Robert Saleh. He's said in interviews that we will win championships. He's got a mantra of "All Gas, No Brake" to try to build some swagger. He's also got plenty of clips of showing emotion on the sideline.

But the difference is that Saleh says it in a confident way where he isn't trying to be braggadocious at all. Saleh is just convinced that with his defensive vision along with the Shanahan system on offense that the Jets can't help but succeed. And that makes it more sustainable. I hope.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #359 on: January 23, 2021, 03:41:44 AM »
The all gas no breaks thing is getting ridden so freaking hard that we're all going to be deathly sick of it before the draft

Tags: