Author Topic: The Case for Matt Stafford  (Read 3071 times)

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
Re: The Case for Matt Stafford
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2021, 12:07:39 AM »
What the excrement, I'm actually agreeing with JE...

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2021, 12:57:23 AM »
He's literally the most overrated quarterback in the league. He is continually talked about as being in the echelon just below the elite guys, but he accumulates stats without ever winning consistently or elevating his team. He has failed in the postseason every time he has been there, and yet people still talk about him like he's a great talent.

He has a good arm, but he is stupid and he is arrogant.
Yeah I mean I stand by what I said . The underrated part now being past tense

Also the many reasons I listed why I would prefer to not have him here

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2021, 12:58:10 AM »
He's your reward for not supporting the tank
Lol

Hey we needed that pride for the players who won't be here

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2021, 09:03:15 AM »
Apparently the 49ers are already in discussions with the Lions.
Imagine his wife short-circuiting at having to live in "Commiefornia" if Michigan was too much for her.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2021, 06:19:03 PM »
Stafford is not overrated, he’s not really ever been a part of the discussion of top QB’s. He’s been solid on a bad team for years.

He should not be in the Jets plans unless we can’t land Watson, we don’t like the QB’s at 2, and the Lions are willing to give up a hell of a lot more picks in addition to Stafford to move up 2 to 7.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 06:21:19 PM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2021, 06:23:11 PM »
Stafford is not overrated, he’s not really ever been a part of the discussion of top QB’s. He’s been solid on a bad team for years.

He should not be in the Jets plans unless we can’t land Watson, we don’t like the QB’s at 2, and the Lions are willing to give up a hell of a lot more picks in addition to Stafford to move up 2 to 7.

This is accurate. If we decide to pick up Stafford it shouldn't cost us the opportunity to draft another QB, nor should his presence preclude another from being drafted.

He wouldn't be exciting but he would be a solid addition and provide stability as a stop gap.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2021, 06:24:04 PM »

Agreed. This idea that they would move up from 7 to 2 cannot have Stafford as the main piece in the deal.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2021, 08:00:30 PM »
Agreed. This idea that they would move up from 7 to 2 cannot have Stafford as the main piece in the deal.

Exactly. That would be a horrible misuse of what appears to be a very valuable #2 pick that should afford the Jets with some leverage in trades/decisions. We could be here all day coming up with a list of better things to do with #2 than trade for Matt Stafford.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2021, 08:08:30 PM »
Exactly. That would be a horrible misuse of what appears to be a very valuable #2 pick that should afford the Jets with some leverage in trades/decisions. We could be here all day coming up with a list of better things to do with #2 than trade for Matt Stafford.
We could trade #2 for Stafford plus two firsts and Jets fans would forever describe it as "trading #2 for Stafford".

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2021, 08:21:11 PM »
We could trade #2 for Stafford plus two firsts and Jets fans would forever describe it as "trading #2 for Stafford".
Like when we "traded our 1st-round pick for Doug Jolley."

I still can't believe we traded our 1st-round pick for Doug Jolley.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2021, 08:25:17 PM »
Like when we "traded our 1st-round pick for Doug Jolley."

I still can't believe we traded our 1st-round pick for Doug Jolley.

If point out how we also got a second round pick in that deal you have to mention thag it turned into Mike Nugent.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2021, 08:28:54 PM »
If point out how we also got a second round pick in that deal you have to mention thag it turned into Mike Nugent.
Which is far more egregious than the trade that led to it so I don't shy away from that aspect.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2021, 08:38:44 PM »
Which is far more egregious than the trade that led to it so I don't shy away from that aspect.

We could have just drafted Heath Miller and then not do something insanely stupid in the next round.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2021, 08:39:55 PM »
We could have just drafted Heath Miller and then not do something insanely stupid in the next round.
I was going to say, it's not like Heath Miller was going to be a franchise altering difference maker for us anyway.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2021, 08:45:18 PM »
I was going to say, it's not like Heath Miller was going to be a franchise altering difference maker for us anyway.
Yeah, but we could have yelled "HEEEEEATH" for 4 years before we let him walk in free agency.

Tags: