Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 108850 times)

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2014, 01:38:08 PM »

I live in Vegas...  If I even had money why would I leave?  Tommy would say I was alright, and JE might even give me an 'amiable fellow'.  I have literally met the light and dark side of this web site, and they were both great.  It gets confusing when they argue...

Wait so I'm the light side of the site right? No way you give that title to the fuckn English.
"Wrong!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2014, 06:21:25 PM »
Wait so I'm the light side of the site right? No way you give that title to the fuckn English.

I left that open for debate intentionally ;)

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2014, 06:29:42 PM »
I agree that Lucas has been irrelevant since 1979, at least as a story teller and director.

With that said, ILM is one of the most important technological things to happen in our lifetimes.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2014, 11:00:45 AM »
Someone I follow on Twitter who is a ridiculous Star Wars nerd claims there is info that there is still one more female role to be cast. According to him, the speculation is that is it Assaj Ventress (sp?) from the Clone Wars animated series.

I'm completely unfamiliar with Ventress' story, but wouldn't she have violated the "Rule of Two" for Sith? Also, how would she have survived the purge between Eps 3 and 4? Also, wouldn't she be ridiculously old? I think she was older than Anakin, and if the Solos and Skywalkers have kids that would make her grandmotherly.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2014, 11:15:39 AM »
Hahaha, derriereaj.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2014, 11:38:03 AM »
I agree to disagree here. It did hold value he sold/spun it off sold it for I don't know what reason. I am sure that if he had to do it over again he wouldn't have done it. While at ILM they had a few good successes with this division. Who knows how and what would have happened had they stayed with ILM. Combined it may have been worth a heck of a lot more, like I said they were just starting to get rolling when thi swas spun off and sold. They had to wait for technology to catch up to software, look what happened when it did. It's the same premise with regards to IBM and Microsoft.

He sold it because he had to choose whether to pursue the implementation of technology or development of it.  The guy was short on cash at that point and the division was a money sink.  Once it spun off, it wasn't successful for 10 years.  Jobs had to sink a ton of money into it, which Lucas didn't have at that point, and spent most of the time trying to sell it but never getting a good offer.  It worked out well for Jobs in the end, but it's not like he had some master plan that he spent 10 years dedicated to.  He didn't think the company was going anywhere.  I stress again: under Lucas, and for a long time under Jobs, it was a hardware and software company.  They got into the animation business to showcase their products.  It was Disney who took a look at that and said "Why don't you let this Lasseter guy in the animation department come up with a movie for us using your own software?"  It was a completely different company than the division Lucas sold off.  He had no reason to keep it.  ILM was doing the graphics work.  The idea that he sold "Pixar" is silly.  "Pixar" was just developing the hardware and software, and he couldn't afford to keep them on for that purpose.  He didn't sell an animation company.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2014, 11:51:32 AM »
I think she was older than Anakin, and if the Solos and Skywalkers have kids that would make her grandmotherly.

Judy Dench was a rumored casting at one point
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2014, 11:56:07 AM »
He sold it because he had to choose whether to pursue the implementation of technology or development of it.  The guy was short on cash at that point and the division was a money sink.  Once it spun off, it wasn't successful for 10 years.  Jobs had to sink a ton of money into it, which Lucas didn't have at that point, and spent most of the time trying to sell it but never getting a good offer.  It worked out well for Jobs in the end, but it's not like he had some master plan that he spent 10 years dedicated to.  He didn't think the company was going anywhere.  I stress again: under Lucas, and for a long time under Jobs, it was a hardware and software company.  They got into the animation business to showcase their products.  It was Disney who took a look at that and said "Why don't you let this Lasseter guy in the animation department come up with a movie for us using your own software?"  It was a completely different company than the division Lucas sold off.  He had no reason to keep it.  ILM was doing the graphics work.  The idea that he sold "Pixar" is silly.  "Pixar" was just developing the hardware and software, and he couldn't afford to keep them on for that purpose.  He didn't sell an animation company.

He sold it for the cash flow from a divorce, I admit to looking that part up.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2014, 12:08:34 PM »
He sold it for the cash flow from a divorce, I admit to looking that part up.

Ah.  I always thought it was the whole "freak home video" thing.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2014, 12:09:39 PM »
Judy Dench was a rumored casting at one point

Well, that would make sense then.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2014, 12:22:04 PM »
Ah.  I always thought it was the whole "freak home video" thing.

See so the whole thing was caused by a woman, go figure. lol
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2014, 02:47:28 PM »
Announced Brienne from Game of Thrones (Gwendoline Christi) and Lupita Nyong'o from 12 Years a Slave.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2014, 02:54:20 PM »
I like both castings, although I obviously have no idea how they'll be used.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2014, 03:01:30 PM »
Took them too long to cast more females.  Will not watch.

/white knight
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement