Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 108889 times)

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2014, 11:40:02 AM »
Lucas has been a moron since the 90s he's still getting by on episode 4.

Sorry, 4 was money, but 5 is the classic.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2014, 12:10:17 PM »
http://bechdeltest.com/

what the freak

Hahahahahahaha

I don't really give a excrement who they casted, I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm happy that Shia LaBeouf wasn't included.

Shhh, don't say that too loud. Someone might get an idea.

The role Isaac got, or the role of Han Solos son? From what I understood that was supposed to be a lead role, or rather a secondary lead role, more like Carrie Fishers role in the original trilogy.

You know what will be funny? If the female role is the lead/primary hero. Maybe that will shut the internet up.

Jaina Solo was a Jedi Master and I think head of the Jedi Council.
------------

Personally, I don't care who got cast. Christian Bale did American Psycho. Matthew McConaughey did A Time to Kill. They both did Reign of Fire*. To follow something Iggy mentioned, the script is important. That's what hurt Episodes 1-3 more than the acting.

My only fear is Abrams. Some people love him. I don't.

*Yes, I admit I liked Reign of Fire, but it wasn't for the acting.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2014, 12:18:05 PM »
I live in Vegas...  If I even had money why would I leave?  Tommy would say I was alright, and JE might even give me an 'amiable fellow'.  I have literally met the light and dark side of this web site, and they were both great.  It gets confusing when they argue...
So I live in Miami and I make the tailgates.

Did you give them your light sabre?

<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2014, 12:19:35 PM »
Sorry, 4 was money, but 5 is the classic.

Point in case. He hasnot made anything worthy of hype in 20 years at least

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2014, 12:30:52 PM »

Lucas has been a moron since the 90s he's still getting by on episode 4.

That's completely false.  He has no business writing, but anyone who thinks writing and directing are his only contributions to the industry is a fool.  On the most obvious level, saying Star Wars was his only success ignores the Indiana Jones franchise, which he created and produced.  Hell, even if you ignore his producer credits, you have ILM staring you in the face.  He was instrumentally involved right up until his retirement in 2012.  Egotistical about his writing ability?  Sure.  An idiot?  Please.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2014, 12:33:52 PM »
That's completely false.  He has no business writing, but anyone who thinks writing and directing are his only contributions to the industry is a fool.  On the most obvious level, saying Star Wars was his only success ignores the Indiana Jones franchise, which he created and produced.  Hell, even if you ignore his producer credits, you have ILM staring you in the face.  He was instrumentally involved right up until his retirement in 2012.  Egotistical about his writing ability?  Sure.  An idiot?  Please.

Giving Pixar away was pretty stupid.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2014, 12:40:04 PM »

My basic point is he hasn't been relevant in any capacity in a while. And yes the guy is pretty bad. Reading about some of the stuff he's pitched , the good ideas he shot down only to force horrible ideas on his staff out of ego, it's amazing to think he's even the same guy behind Indiana Jones and Star Wars.

Doesn't matter he's a glorified mascot at this point. He deserves a lot of credit for what he's done. But he seemingly went out of his way to excrement on his own creations for a while now.

He just stirs up a bipolar opinion from me that see saw between respecting him and seeing him as a joke.

Nobody can deny his contributions. I think my overall point us the circlejerk hype machine is out of control and I'll have 0 expectations for the franchise until I see it for myself

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2014, 12:40:40 PM »

No it wasn't.  It held no value for him at the time.  It wasn't even the same company it was 10 years later.  People act like Pixar was Pixar at that point.  He sold the people working for him, who then reimagined Pixar.  There was no intent to make full scale animated features at that point.  It was a hardware company, designed to create products for sale to other people.  That's why Jobs got involved.  They didn't see the full potential of the products they could make until they realized John Lasseter's talent.  That didn't happen until afterward.  It's like selling a company that makes ovens and then realizing that a guy trying to market your ovens could make a great pizza and turning your company into a pizza chain.  Lucas spun the actual artistic work into ILM itself.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2014, 12:41:39 PM »

I never even thought about that till you brought it up. Cherry on top

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2014, 12:42:14 PM »
My basic point is he hasn't been relevant in any capacity in a while. And yes the guy is pretty bad. Reading about some of the stuff he's pitched , the good ideas he shot down only to force horrible ideas on his staff out of ego, it's amazing to think he's even the same guy behind Indiana Jones and Star Wars.

Doesn't matter he's a glorified mascot at this point. He deserves a lot of credit for what he's done. But he seemingly went out of his way to excrement on his own creations for a while now.

He just stirs up a bipolar opinion from me that see saw between respecting him and seeing him as a joke.

Nobody can deny his contributions. I think my overall point us the circlejerk hype machine is out of control and I'll have 0 expectations for the franchise until I see it for myself

Your first statement is wrong, and the rest of the post doesn't follow from it in any way, shape, or form or have a bit of logical coherence.  It's not even worth responding to except to tell you just how not worth responding to it is.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2014, 12:43:58 PM »
I never even thought about that till you brought it up. Cherry on top

Except it's not.  At all.  Again, Pixar was a hardware company that inadvertently realized it could make animated features for itself well after it was sold.  Lucas didn't sell Pixar.  He sold the guys making the machines on which Pixar would eventually be built.  Even Jobs didn't know what he was buying at that point.  Hell, Jobs wanted out for a period, but he had put so much money into it that he couldn't justify any of the offers he had received.  He eventually decided he just had to go down with the ship...at which point Toy Story happened.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 12:46:03 PM by Ignatius J Reilly »

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2014, 12:46:50 PM »
Lol I don't care enough to go back n forth. We disagree. That's great

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2014, 12:49:53 PM »
I received a call on my cell
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2014, 12:57:33 PM »
No it wasn't.  It held no value for him at the time.  It wasn't even the same company it was 10 years later.  People act like Pixar was Pixar at that point.  He sold the people working for him, who then reimagined Pixar.  There was no intent to make full scale animated features at that point.  It was a hardware company, designed to create products for sale to other people.  That's why Jobs got involved.  They didn't see the full potential of the products they could make until they realized John Lasseter's talent.  That didn't happen until afterward.  It's like selling a company that makes ovens and then realizing that a guy trying to market your ovens could make a great pizza and turning your company into a pizza chain.  Lucas spun the actual artistic work into ILM itself.

I agree to disagree here. It did hold value he sold/spun it off sold it for I don't know what reason. I am sure that if he had to do it over again he wouldn't have done it. While at ILM they had a few good successes with this division. Who knows how and what would have happened had they stayed with ILM. Combined it may have been worth a heck of a lot more, like I said they were just starting to get rolling when thi swas spun off and sold. They had to wait for technology to catch up to software, look what happened when it did. It's the same premise with regards to IBM and Microsoft.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2014, 12:58:26 PM »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away