Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 108960 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2014, 04:21:44 PM »
White knights out in full force complaining about the lack of female leads
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2014, 04:23:16 PM »
Andy Serkis will most likely play some kind of creature/alien. 

You would probably like Attack the Block (John Boyega's breakout role).  It's a really solid sci-fi film. 

My brother and his wife talked about that movie like it was the most amazing thing they'd ever seen. I thought it sounded silly.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2014, 04:24:40 PM »

They can still hold out hope of seeing Carrie fisher in the slave outfit again.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2014, 04:25:12 PM »

I have seen this all day.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2014, 04:31:02 PM »
I SEE THAT THE LACK OF NEGROS IS STILL A PROBLEM A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY. 1 NIGGA.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2014, 04:31:28 PM »
Sterling is the new villian

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:33:54 PM by IATA »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2014, 05:20:51 PM »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2014, 05:37:55 PM »
I know you're kidding, but I don't see how anyone can be against Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, and Adam Driver. 

I cant be the only one on this board who has absolutely zero freaking clue who any of these people are.

Do you guys all read like Perez Hiltons blog or something

(ok turns out that Mr E was the only person who knew who any of them are. Which explains alot)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2014, 05:39:35 PM »
I cant be the only one on this board who has absolutely zero freaking clue who any of these people are.

I'm not surprised you don't know who Oscar Isaac is. 

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2014, 06:27:48 PM »

Do you guys all read like Perez Hiltons blog or something

(ok turns out that Mr E was the only person who knew who any of them are. Which explains alot)

I'm not sure why any of them would be on Perez Hilton.  Oscar Isaac gave one of the best performances of the year last year and Adam Driver has been in a ton of stuff lately.  Plenty of people know who they are.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Star Wars
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2014, 06:31:20 PM »
Never heard of those guys, but I can see how someone would know them. That being said, how exactly are they great picks? The fact that they're up and coming?

Acting was a major problem in the prequels, so you can't just splurge on a few great actors and then fill the rest of the roles with crap. Need some kind of balance.
"Wrong!"

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2014, 06:32:27 PM »
Why? Why? Why?

*besides money

Ignatius J Reilly

Star Wars
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2014, 06:38:49 PM »
Never heard of those guys, but I can see how someone would know them. That being said, how exactly are they great picks? The fact that they're up and coming?

Acting was a major problem in the prequels, so you can't just splurge on a few great actors and then fill the rest of the roles with crap. Need some kind of balance.

Oscar Isaac is a great actor.  It'll be interesting to see what kind of character he plays.  I don't think the other two are remarkable or not, but I trust Abrams.  I'm interested to see the rest of the cast.

The problem with the prequels was writing more than anything else.  The acting sucked in the original trilogy but the writing covered it.  The actors weren't bad aside from Anakin in the prequels.  Easiest solution?  Don't cast freaking children in major roles.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2014, 06:39:18 PM »
I'm not sure why any of them would be on Perez Hilton.  Oscar Isaac gave one of the best performances of the year last year and Adam Driver has been in a ton of stuff lately.  Plenty of people know who they are.

Apparently Driver is famous for Girls the TV Series.

Cant say im familar with it to be honest

And im pretty sure this Boyega guy isnt even famous.

I still have no clue who this Oscar the grouch guy is, but at least going off his Wikipedia page ill take your word that hes a real actor. 

Ignatius J Reilly

Star Wars
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2014, 06:41:21 PM »
Apparently Driver is famous for Girls the TV Series.

Cant say im familar with it to be honest

And im pretty sure this Boyega guy isnt even famous.

I still have no clue who this Oscar the grouch guy is, but at least going off his Wikipedia page ill take your word that hes a real actor.

Driver was also in Lincoln and Inside Llewyn Davis.  He's somewhat known by people who see quality movies.

Isaac should have won Best Actor, but he was pushed out of a nomination by typical Hollywood award types.

Remember, the original Star Wars cast had one famous actor: Guinness.  It made the rest of them.