Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 108925 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #720 on: May 07, 2019, 04:04:19 PM »
There's no info on whether those are the Rian Johnson or Weiss & Benioff trilogies or a continuation of the Skywalker saga.

But wow, Disney is going to be releasing a lot of movies.

How many of those are Marvel? (Other than the Untitled Marvel ones, obviously. I just don't the names of Marvel characters so don't know which of the named movies are.)
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #721 on: May 07, 2019, 04:16:16 PM »
How many of those are Marvel? (Other than the Untitled Marvel ones, obviously. I just don't the names of Marvel characters so don't know which of the named movies are.)

Other than the untitled films, just "Dark Phoenix" and "The New Mutants", which are both X-Men franchise films.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #722 on: May 07, 2019, 04:26:59 PM »
Other than the untitled films, just "Dark Phoenix" and "The New Mutants", which are both X-Men franchise films.

I feel like I enjoyed the X-Men movies more than most. I often think that not having read the comics gives me a big advantage with the movies as they have nothing to live up to for me, I can't think of one that I have disliked. Some I have enjoyed less than others, but they've all passed the time perfectly well.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #723 on: May 08, 2019, 11:41:36 AM »
I feel like I enjoyed the X-Men movies more than most. I often think that not having read the comics gives me a big advantage with the movies as they have nothing to live up to for me, I can't think of one that I have disliked. Some I have enjoyed less than others, but they've all passed the time perfectly well.

I haven't watched most of them. I was never into mutants as a comic fan, and I wasn't all that impressed with the movies that have come out of them that I have seen, other than Deadpool. I haven't seen any of the Fantastic Four movies either, again, because I never really liked the comic characters.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #724 on: May 08, 2019, 09:35:48 PM »

The Last Stand is the only X-Men movie I don't like, but I actually really hate it.

I actually look at the first X-Men and Spider-Man trilogies very similarly. First movies were the best, second outings were very good but dragged a little bit and the third movies were franchise enders. Just gigantic dumpster fires. I can't tell which scene in a superhero movie best captured money being lit on fire, dark-emo Toby McGuire dancing on tables in Spidey 3, or the Joker dumping kerosine onto a pile of money before throwing a match onto it in TDK.

The new X-Men movies are quite good, Fassbender as Magneto is excellent. I think Apocalypse was hurt by the timing of its release more than anything else, though having your titular villain look as intimidating as Dowell Loggains didn't help.

I haven't watched most of them. I was never into mutants as a comic fan, and I wasn't all that impressed with the movies that have come out of them that I have seen, other than Deadpool. I haven't seen any of the Fantastic Four movies either, again, because I never really liked the comic characters.

Did you see Logan?

The Fantastic Four movies are all excrement, but aside from Dr. Doom, you're right there's not much to work with. Who cares about Thing in a universe with Hulk. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 09:37:54 PM by mj2sexay »

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #725 on: May 08, 2019, 10:18:48 PM »
The Fantastic Four movies are all excrement, but aside from Dr. Doom, you're right there's not much to work with. Who cares about Thing in a universe with Hulk. 

There's plenty to work with.  Doom, Silver Surfer... Galactus is just as big an existential threat as Thanos and I'm sure will be the big bad at some point.  It just seems like there's not much to work with because all three movies were terrible and all the characters were pathetic. 

Somebody else said it, but Disney has already made the Fantastic Four work perfectly on screen; they just called it The Incredibles. 

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #726 on: May 09, 2019, 10:56:57 AM »
There's plenty to work with.  Doom, Silver Surfer... Galactus is just as big an existential threat as Thanos and I'm sure will be the big bad at some point.  It just seems like there's not much to work with because all three movies were terrible and all the characters were pathetic. 

Somebody else said it, but Disney has already made the Fantastic Four work perfectly on screen; they just called it The Incredibles. 

I saw a rumor that Galactus is the next ultimate "big bad" for the next Marvel phase. Thanos set the bar for BBEG pretty high, so it would make sense.

I'm sure Disney can pull off Silver Surfer far better than FOX ever could. And Human Torch with Thing could be amazing in a buddy cop kind of way.

Honestly, the problem is Mr. "Fantastic" who, along with Plastic Man, is the worst freaking superhero. "Hey man, what's your superpower?" "I can change the channel from the couch without a remote."

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #727 on: May 13, 2019, 08:57:55 AM »
He's a quiet badass.  He's smarter than the Imperials and the Rebels.  He tells Darth Vader what's what.  And his notorious MO is disintegrating his targets.

But mostly... yeah, the armor.

BADASS

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #728 on: May 14, 2019, 01:24:53 PM »
The next 'Star Wars' trilogy (2022-2026) will be the one from D.B. Weiss and David Benioff, the #GameOfThrones  co-creators.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #729 on: May 14, 2019, 04:12:39 PM »
Star Wars Episode X: The Dark Side Returns
Star Wars Episode XI: freak the Force
Star Wars Episode XII: Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #730 on: May 14, 2019, 05:17:06 PM »
Rey was evil all along.

The Force Awakens:

~Almost sold BB-8 into bondage.

~Steals Millennium Falcon

~Steals Luke's lightsaber

~Gets Daniel Craig fired

~Out-glares Kylo Ren

~Frowns.  Repeatedly.

The Last Jedi:

~terrifies Luke

~goes immediately to dark side cave once in touch with the force

~evil clone snap in dark side cave vision

~Yells.  Repeatedly.

Rise of Skywalker:

~Finn dies.

~Rey destroys all of Coruscant with force lightning.

It's really the only logical conclusion, if you've been paying attention. 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #731 on: May 14, 2019, 05:53:34 PM »
Rey was evil all along.

The Force Awakens:

~Gets Daniel Craig fired

~Out-glares Kylo Ren

~Frowns.  Repeatedly.

The Last Jedi:

~terrifies Luke

~Yells.  Repeatedly.

Rise of Skywalker:

~Finn dies.

What’s the saying? Every time a Skywalker is born, God flips a coin?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #732 on: May 14, 2019, 06:14:39 PM »
Rise of Skywalker:

~Finn dies.

You missed:

- Poe discovers that his parents were Leia and Yoda, making him the rightful Grand Master

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #733 on: May 15, 2019, 10:35:10 AM »
Rey was evil all along.

The Force Awakens:

~Gets Daniel Craig fired

~Out-glares Kylo Ren

~Frowns.  Repeatedly.

The Last Jedi:

~terrifies Luke

~Yells.  Repeatedly.

Rise of Skywalker:

~Finn dies.

Brilliant!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #734 on: August 26, 2019, 09:00:08 AM »